Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #1651
saquin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpluto27 View Post
They have a new (I think) hot breakfast option at the bc marketplace, a scrambled egg platter, with eggs, potato casserole, bacon and a biscuit which makes a nice cs option.
Ooh, this is very exciting. I hope it's not just a temporary thing. Does anyone have a picture of the menu (or the dish itself)? I would love a quick hot breakfast platter option at the Marketplace.

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #1652
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

Finally got my photos off the camera and loaded a bunch to Facebook. I think you should be able to view them using this link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=9fc9c5a7bf

There are some great shots of the noodle family as Family of the Day, The hand off from Pink Girl and the Illuminations Cruise.

Dee I will work on the review of the Illumination Cruise this weekend.

A (if you can't view the photos let me know)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #1653
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
Finally got my photos off the camera and loaded a bunch to Facebook. I think you should be able to view them using this link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=9fc9c5a7bf

There are some great shots of the noodle family as Family of the Day, The hand off from Pink Girl and the Illuminations Cruise.

Dee I will work on the review of the Illumination Cruise this weekend.

A (if you can't view the photos let me know)
Thank you so much! The link works. I don't have time tonight to go through all of the pictures, but I loved what I saw with a quick scroll.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #1654
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

We arrived this afternoon at the Beach Club and I must say it totally exceeded my expectations. It's just wonderful. We checked in and immediately went to B&C for an early dinner. It was deelish! A big storm came through while we were eating and SAB closed up. It didn't open again for a couple of hours. But we managed to get a bunch of unpacking and organizing done while we waited. and oh boy was it worth the wait. That slide is just awesome. DS and I went down six times. We then floated in the lazy river and played some volleyball. We practically had the entire pool to ourselves. The rain must've scared everyone away.

We are staying in a studio room at BCV. It is so much nicer than I was expecting from the pics I saw online. I'm so pleased! We did pick up the noodle family from Bell Svcs but we decided just to take 2 of the 5. If anyone else is here and want to use the other 3, just ask for Mr and Mrs Noodle at Bell Svcs, they know exactly what you're talking about.

So we are off to Epcot in the morning. I will try and get some pics of the food offerings around here with Hurricane Hanna being closed and all, but am still getting my bearings as to where everything is. This place is huge!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #1655
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin View Post
Ooh, this is very exciting. I hope it's not just a temporary thing. Does anyone have a picture of the menu (or the dish itself)? I would love a quick hot breakfast platter option at the Marketplace.
I don't have a menu pic, but I do have a picture of the platter. My dad enjoyed it and ate the lot so it must have been ok. I think the other hot option was a breakfast sandwich, with egg, bacon and may be something else. Sorry if this picture is a bit big, I'm using the photo bucket iPad app and can't find a resize option!

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Sept 2007 - POFQ/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2008 - AKL/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2009 - SSR/BWI/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2011 - BC/Royal Pacific/CR
Sept 2012 - BC/Royal Pacific
May 2013 - WL/Royal pacific
Sept 2013 - Royal Pacific
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #1656
saquin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't have a menu pic, but I do have a picture of the platter. My dad enjoyed it and ate the lot so it must have been ok. I think the other hot option was a breakfast sandwich, with egg, bacon and may be something else. Sorry if this picture is a bit big, I'm using the photo bucket iPad app and can't find a resize option!

Thank you for the picture! That looks good. Hope they still have it on the menu in November.

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
Old 09-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #1657
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom
Finally got my photos off the camera and loaded a bunch to Facebook. )
Thank you for sharing Amy. Love the pic with the Green Army Man.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #1658
MMemory
Earning My Ears

Joining in! My father and his wife are coming to visit me November 12-15 and we'll all be staying at BC. I'm so excited!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #1659
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for sharing your picture! I cropped it, resized it and added it to the Marketplace thread.

Hope that is ok!

Thanks, again!

Old 09-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #1660
birmantaz
Mouseketeer

thanks for adding me to the lists! We are leaving in 1 week! I have a question, we are traveling with another family and would like to have rooms close together - is it hard to get usually?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #1661
P'colaBeachBum
Go 'Noles!

Unhappy Sad

We recently stayed at the Beach Club because we have enjoyed being there in the past. Sadly, we won't stay again. I'm a 5 year cancer survivor and I was constantly dodging smokers that were not at designated areas. One couple was smoking at a table outside Beaches and Cream and even had an open pack on the table in clear view of Cm's. Another lit up the min. he walked out of the building and I had to hold my breath to get around him. That was just a couple of examples, there are more.

Please for the health of others...only smoke in the designated areas.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #1662
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post
We recently stayed at the Beach Club because we have enjoyed being there in the past. Sadly, we won't stay again. I'm a 5 year cancer survivor and I was constantly dodging smokers that were not at designated areas. One couple was smoking at a table outside Beaches and Cream and even had an open pack on the table in clear view of Cm's. Another lit up the min. he walked out of the building and I had to hold my breath to get around him. That was just a couple of examples, there are more.

We were just there Labor day and there was a man smoking at the pool. I went and found a CM and I expected him to say something. He didn't, so I did. I told the man there was no smoking at the pool, he looked at me then continued to smoke his cigarette. He finally put it out, but it upset me.

Side not here, we stayed at the BC back in 09 and the lazy river was awesome, this time not. We tried it on several days and it had no ump...is this the new normal or was something off ? I asked a lifeguard who shrugged me off. The same lifeguard who when asked what he was drinking, by a kid, replied vodka?? I wanted to say something about this, but my husband begged me not to....

Old 09-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #1663
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They have a new (I think) hot breakfast option at the bc marketplace, a scrambled egg platter, with eggs, potato casserole, bacon and a biscuit which makes a nice cs option. I'd only seen breakfast croissants on the menu previously, so this made a nice change.
This would be great for my family . We stayed at the BC quite a few years ago and not having hot breakfast CS options is the only thing that has kept us from going back to an Epcot resort (there wasn't even the Marketplace when we stayed there in 2003). I hope this is a permanent change .

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Now, if they would just add Mickey waffles...
Keeping the egg/bacon platter and adding Mickey waffles would make a perfect addition to the YC/BC CS options .

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin View Post
I hope it's permanent, too .

Quote:
Thanks for posting the pic . I hope they are in the process of adding a few more hot items to match the variety of the other deluxe resorts .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #1664
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

YC room 3241?

Wondering if anyone has actually stayed in room 3241?
I have made a special REQUEST for the room based on the disneyzone map.
Good choice? Bad choice?
Again, I know this is just a request, and there is a very good chance I will not get my request....
I am open for any other "great king room" request suggestions if anyone feels like commenting. As we all know, I can keep changing my mind.
Hubby & I just booked an ADULTS ONLY F&W trip, & I am over the top excited!!! Feeling a bit guilty about not taking the kids...
TIA!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #1665
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilasmom View Post
We were just there Labor day and there was a man smoking at the pool. I went and found a CM and I expected him to say something. He didn't, so I did. I told the man there was no smoking at the pool, he looked at me then continued to smoke his cigarette. He finally put it out, but it upset me.

Side not here, we stayed at the BC back in 09 and the lazy river was awesome, this time not. We tried it on several days and it had no ump...is this the new normal or was something off ? I asked a lifeguard who shrugged me off. The same lifeguard who when asked what he was drinking, by a kid, replied vodka?? I wanted to say something about this, but my husband begged me not to....
Unfortunately I think every work place has employees that won't tow the line and behave properly. However, wouldn't it be great if you could change that attitude? YOU CAN! The best way to accomplish this is by letting management know when an employee is behaving in a way that is detrimental to the guests. Teena tells us all the time that the managers (and other employees) at the BC/YC really do care and you would be helping to solve the problem by letting them know as soon as possible when you see a CM performing in a way that is undesirable.

First of all, get the CM's name that you believe is performing inappropriately. Next ask to speak to a manager and tell them what is going on. The manager will handle it after that. They know what a CM is responsible for and how they should be behaving. I know that this will take some time away from your vacation but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that that CM's behavior was reported and that the managers now know that that employee is not performing up to standards.

Managers can't be everywhere and see everything. You will really be doing everyone a service by reporting this type of behavior and attitude exhibited by CM's that either need more training or simply don't belong working with guests.

I know that smoking in inappropriate areas is completely unacceptable any where at WDW. The managers definitely need to know that this is going on and that CM's are not taking the proper steps to stop this behavior. Perhaps the CM is not allowed to approach a guest doing this but they certainly have the responsibility to inform the CM that can.

I'm sorry for all the troubles that you experienced during your vacation. I know it's a pain to stop and take the time to let some one in authority know about the problems but in the end you'll have the ultimate satisfaction to know that you are doing something to end that behavior.

~NM

NM update: My Mom is out of the ICU and she is looking better. Her pain is well managed by her medications so that has done a lot to bring her back to the point where she is functioning better. On Monday night she was rushed to the hospital in respiratory distress and septic shock. We almost lost her then. Thankfully they buffed her up with the right antibiotics. They are really ramping up her radiation and chemo because the tumor in the lung is pressing against her trachea and esophagus. I can definitely tell between all these setbacks that the treatments are starting to have a positive impact on her condition. It's just that more problems keep popping up so we will just have to see.

The thing I liked the most is that she is getting feisty again with my Father. She basically laid down the law with him and told us kids that we are to get her what she needs and hand him the bill and that he has to pay it. Among his many issues is one in which he refuses to spend any money, so essential things for her care like a stair chair lift were unpurchased. I love the fact that she is now able to advocate for herself and she knows that everyone else in the family will back her up and get it done when my Dad refuses.

I cannot tell you how excited I am that she is looking better. She had that look in her eyes that really concerned me, one that you see with people who are on their way out. She's got a little of her spark back and I am over the moon about it. We hope to get her out of the hospital sometime next week and see how we make out at home again.

Thanks to everybody who is keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: