Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

Reservation seating warning

I was in the process of making a reservation for Boma when I noticed the warning that 'my party may be seated at more than 1 table'. I don't know if my other reservations had it as well and I didn't notice.

What is the likelihood that this would happen? We are a party of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids and since it's a buffet, we'd need to sit together so that one adult could get the food while the other adult sits at the table with the kids.

Anyone with experience on this?
thr33boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
catne
DIS Veteran

Not to worry...the chance of your party of 5 getting seated at more than one table is zip, zilch, zero.

That disclaimer appears on every single reservation at Disney Dining...it's an "automatic", even on reservations for a party of 1, lol.

The only time it would possibly apply is parties over 6...since some places have limited table space/table configurations. Sci Fi, for example: the car tables seat 4 or 6, and the seats are fixed like a booth seat/table would be so they cannot pull up an extra chair or slide two of them together to make a bigger table. They only have a couple of tables in Sci Fi that are not the cars...those allow for bigger parties so if they are already full and you need more than 6 seats then you'd either have to wait or have your party split.

With a party of 5, no big deal. They will seat you at a table for 6
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Not to worry...the chance of your party of 5 getting seated at more than one table is zip, zilch, zero.

That disclaimer appears on every single reservation at Disney Dining...it's an "automatic", even on reservations for a party of 1, lol.

The only time it would possibly apply is parties over 6...since some places have limited table space/table configurations. Sci Fi, for example: the car tables seat 4 or 6, and the seats are fixed like a booth seat/table would be so they cannot pull up an extra chair or slide two of them together to make a bigger table. They only have a couple of tables in Sci Fi that are not the cars...those allow for bigger parties so if they are already full and you need more than 6 seats then you'd either have to wait or have your party split.

With a party of 5, no big deal. They will seat you at a table for 6
Good to know! Thanks
thr33boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

"Please note that your party may be seated at more than one table":

1) This statement saves them from possible complaints.
2) Eateries have different tables sizes (seats of 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, etc)
3) In most cases, they do move tables together.
4) At other times, they cannot move tables.
. . . the tables are not close to each other
. . . moving a table would block or narrrow an aisle
5) Understand how WDW makes ADR reservations
. . . think of a grid sheet on computer screen
. . . vertical rows shows time (6:00pm, 6:10pm, 6:20pm, etc)
. . . horizonal columns shows table types & quantity available
. . . you make a ressie for eight people @ 6:00pm
. . . the computer assigns tables (eg, 2 tables @ four seats each)
. . . when you arrive, CM's try their best to arrange a single table
. . . if not available, they give you 2 different tables @ four each
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

As others have said this is an automatic warning on all reservations, even reported on reservations for 1. It is very unlikely that you will be separated.
That said, you have been warned, and they could do it. As Rusty said, it is definitly a possibility.
I wouldn't worry though, they do try their best.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

If by some chance it does come up with a different configuration, you could always request to wait for another table for your group.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
That disclaimer appears on every single reservation at Disney Dining...it's an "automatic",
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
As others have said this is an automatic warning on all reservations,
This is not true for all reservations. In all of the times I've made ADRs for my family of 4, I have gotten this message 2, maybe 3 times, if that many. Any time I have received that message, I would change my ADR time by 15-30 minutes either before or after and the message has always disappeared.

OP.....just be prepared in case your party is seated at two tables. You can always try a time right before or after your current ADR time and see if that makes a difference. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33boys View Post
I was in the process of making a reservation for Boma when I noticed the warning that 'my party may be seated at more than 1 table'. I don't know if my other reservations had it as well and I didn't notice.

What is the likelihood that this would happen? We are a party of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids and since it's a buffet, we'd need to sit together so that one adult could get the food while the other adult sits at the table with the kids.

Anyone with experience on this?
We've had various party sizes between 4 and 7 since 2005, with varying make ups of adults an kids (at least 2 kids...anywhere from 2 to 5 adults)...basically all over WDW, at TS offerings (NEVER at Sci FI, FYI).

We have never, ever, ever been seated at more than one table.

I'm sure it's possible (thus the disclaimer). But I'd guess the likelihood is pretty low.

Last edited by pilferk; 09-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

I got that warning for one of my ADRs, but I paid no attention to it. We are a party of 4, with two adults and 2 toddlers. Unless they want a BIG mess on their hands, they'd be well served to seat us adults with our kids.

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
AndreaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

we always get that warning when we go with the kiddos...and their kids...but it has never been an issue when we get to the restaurants...
I think it is to cover all bases in case the place is crowded in the area that they would of put us (8) or larger parties..
Hope you enjoy your planning

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Without repeating what the others have said, I'll add that Boma is probably one of the places *least likely* to split up a group, just because of the way the seating is set up there.

Unlikely in most places, even less likely at Boma. So just enjoy it - my favorite restaurant ANYWHERE.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I have received this same warning when I make a reservation for just myself. If they do split me up I hope the tables are adjoining, so I can keep myself together.

If the tables are far apart it may upset the other diners, because my blood and guts will be spilled all over the restaurant, making a very disgusting mess.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
I have received this same warning when I make a reservation for just myself. If they do split me up I hope the tables are adjoining, so I can keep myself together.

If the tables are far apart it may upset the other diners, because my blood and guts will be spilled all over the restaurant, making a very disgusting mess.
You just made my night! I get the warning for solo ressies too. This planet is not ready for 2 of me.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #14
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

I have gotten the same message myself when I go ahead of my husband.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: