Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #526
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Asked about the pacers and the guy told me yes they'll have them at Tink.

You soooo rock to remember that! Thank you! I'll be looking for them then.

Sorry about not finishing the half, but glad you went and had a good time regardless. Boo knee! BOO! I'm so tempted to do the 5K at Princess (not so much at Tink- lol) but fear the same issue. So I'll probably skip it.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #527
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Still no decision on Nike. I'm thinking about it.

Kim - Sorry you werent able to finish the half. Injuries suck!

I did 2.75 last night and it felt really good. I can tell its getting darker earlier now though. I have to keep moving up my run time or I get stuck out there with the sun down which makes me nervous.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #528
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Hi all. Had a great time this weekend at DL. DW and I ran the 5k and our daughter and her husband ran the half. Had lunch at White Water Snacks (in the GC) on Friday. Halfway through our meal, Jeff Galloway and his wife came in for lunch. Had a nice chat and took some photos after our meals. What a great way to start off the race weekend!

BTW, Cars Land is awesome. Got to ride Radiator Springs Racers twice on Friday!

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #529
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

P.S. For those wanting to get fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers first thing when DCA opens, please note:

1- There is a separate queue that forms just inside the park for RSR fast passes. You do not go all the way into Cars Land to get the fast passes.

2- The fast passes usually run out by mid morning.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #530
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I just booked my flight!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!

I'm really going to do this!

Dancing bananas to celebrate!

:b anana::ban ana:

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #531
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Still no decision on Nike. I'm thinking about it.

I can tell its getting darker earlier now though. I have to keep moving up my run time or I get stuck out there with the sun down which makes me nervous.
If you decide not to do Nike that weekend, there's a race for the Pumpkin Festival over at Half Moon Bay. They do a 5/10k and it starts before the festival so you don't have to deal w/ all that crazy traffic. And the great thing is if you reg before 10/10, it's only $25 and you get a tee-shirt and a pumpkin!! Just throwin it out there, I'm thinking about doing that 1. Did the 5k a couple of years ago and it was fun.

I noticed the darkness last night too! It was around 7-7:30 and I looked outside and it was darker already and not b/c of the clouds.

I saw this little guy and had to use him! I love it, if it was a brace and not crutches that would've been me this past weekend!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #532
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Sarah - congrats on booking your flight! Makes it feel so more real!

DH put in his request for Friday and Monday off work. Hopefully he'll get approved. But anyway that made it feel even more real for me.

Kim - thanks for the info! Actually that is an awesome idea for a fall race - I wish someone around here would do one like that.

I'm 99% sure I'm gonna do Nike! One of my friends said I could share a room with her so that will help with the costs. I just changed hotels for my 10K next weekend to save $100 to also help out with the cash flow. My longest run by the time I do Nike will have been 8 miles. So I figure no reason I can't add one mile onto that on race day. Then I'll just plan on walking up to 4 miles if I need to. And since I dont have any hill training under my belt I'll take it easy on the smaller ones and walk the steeper ones. I'm scared but excited at the same time! Plus I figure it will help me mentally with Tink, knowing I've done the distance already.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #533
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm 99% sure I'm gonna do Nike! One of my friends said I could share a room with her so that will help with the costs. I just changed hotels for my 10K next weekend to save $100 to also help out with the cash flow. My longest run by the time I do Nike will have been 8 miles. So I figure no reason I can't add one mile onto that on race day. Then I'll just plan on walking up to 4 miles if I need to. And since I dont have any hill training under my belt I'll take it easy on the smaller ones and walk the steeper ones. I'm scared but excited at the same time! Plus I figure it will help me mentally with Tink, knowing I've done the distance already.

Awesome!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #534
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

Quote:

YAY!! Tiffany's necklace and hot firemen in tuxedos! I'm inspired that you've decided to do this! I'd love to hear all about it after you've finished. Good luck to you!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #535
MVBowers111
Mouseketeer

I haven't read all of this thread so maybe this has been answered, but does anyone know why the Tink 1/2 starts at 5 am? We just got back from running the Disneyland 1/2 and it started at 5:45...I'm used to running races at 6 am but 5 just seems so early. Surely it's not hot in January and the parks don't even open til 9 or 10, so what's up with the early start?

It still won't keep me from running it, but I'm curious! Good luck to all who are running it in January. I'm looking forward to running it in 2014. It looks awesome!
MVBowers111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #536
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I dont know why 5am--- I assume it might have something to do with the city, or the holiday weekend. I know DL was also on a holiday, but I'd guess there's some conflict with the roads or maybe something else (convention wise) going on that necessitates the roads being cleared sooner.

Or it could be the desire to open DCA earlier than they did last year (10am open last year) With Carsland and all the hoopla, it just might have changed a bit of the planning from Disney. Rather than change the route, they are running us early in order to open a bit earlier perhaps.

Who knows?

Personally, I'm cool with earlier runs- less chance of getting too hot for those of us running 3 hr halves. I'll take cold over hot at the end myself.

GL Kristie! I think that's a great plan- run what you can and walk what you need to do.

Awesome on flight arrangements Sarah! WOOT!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #537
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay!! You'll have a lot of fun. And you'll have to post a pic of the necklace. As for hill training, if you have access to a treadmill, try to work some run/walks in, any little bit will help. Also, heads up about the "expo"... it's not really an expo but a tent at Union Square. So make sure you bring your own gus/chomps and anything you'll need for the race b/c they don't have anything there. Race shirts and things like that are in the Nike Store and bring a camera b/c the list all the names of the runners on the outside of the store on the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBowers111 View Post
I haven't read all of this thread so maybe this has been answered, but does anyone know why the Tink 1/2 starts at 5 am? We just got back from running the Disneyland 1/2 and it started at 5:45...I'm used to running races at 6 am but 5 just seems so early. Surely it's not hot in January and the parks don't even open til 9 or 10, so what's up with the early start?
I think like Patty said it could be b/c of the holiday weekend or they want to try out the 5am start and maybe change the other races. I wish the DL 1/2 would start that early. And around mile 11 1/2 to 12 1/2 we were in DCA so maybe they want enough time for everyone to finish and be able to clear the park before it opens.

Tink this year was the last weekend in Jan and while 2 weeks probably doesn't really make a big difference, it was actually a little warm this year. Not as warm as last weekend, but I was fine in capris and a short sleeve ~ no gloves, sleeves or long tights, even as I walked over to the start that morning. They were giving out the foil blankets, but there wasn't really a need for them.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #538
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Just updated the list in post #2 of everyone running. I think I have everyone, but if I forgot you, let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #539
LuvSulley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Just updated the list in post #2 of everyone running. I think I have everyone, but if I forgot you, let me know and I'll add you to the list.
Can you add the 1/2 to my name? I'm doing both!

I'm going to start the training program tomorrow.. got sick at DL last weekend so I couldn't start on Tuesday. The 5k was fun but made me realize how much work I need to do to get ready for Tinker! I was kind of disappointed that the 5K medal was plastic.. oh wells.. that just gives me more motivation to finish the half so I can get the heavy medal
LuvSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #540
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

What's the training look like for everyone?

I'm doing 45-55 min runs 2xs a week, and then one more progressively long run. this week the "long" will be 4 miles. Similar to Galloways plan, but not exactly. I'm doing 1:1 running right now, but thinking I may try 30:30 to see if that helps speed (some people claim it really did for them- who knows?)

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: