Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We had our 27th anniversary at the California Grill on the top floor of the CR tower.
Wonderful sushi & steaks.
Desserts are delicious.
Nice wine selections.

Plus you get to watch MK fireworks the evening you dine at Cali Grill from the roof top of the CR. They even pipe the MK music in when the fireworks are going on.

If you finish dinner before the fireworks start - you can go back up to the roof just before they begin.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

We've had every anniversary dinner (in WDW anyway) at the California Grill. I'll say Artist Point would be a great spot as well.

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Two of our favorites are Artist Point and Yachtsman Steakhouse . Both have great atmospheres, awesome filet, and the salmon at Artist Point is also amazing .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
ewalshslp
Mouseketeer

We'll also be celebrating our 10 year anniversary at WDW! Our kiddos will be going to the cubs den at the Wilderness Lodge, and DH and I will be eating at Artist Point.

Congrats on 10 years!!!!
2007, BWV, just the 3 of us
2009, BC, just the 4 of us
2012 Going ALL OUT!!!!!
2014, Back to the BWV

ewalshslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #20
Fid
Earning My Ears

Citricos was a great restaurant for our anniversary celebration. The food was exceptional (every dish was full of flavour), the service was more refined, and the atmosphere seemed more sophisticated. They didn't rush us through our meal, and brought out flutes of sparkling wine, and an amuse bouche on the house. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there.

We had dined a couple of nights earlier at California Grill, and, although the food was also really good, the service was strange in that the servers seemed rather 'gruff' and were rushing about all over. The atmosphere at CG was not very relaxing.
Fid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #21
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I wouldn't give up on V&A. As Pakey noted, it is an "all in" price that is only marginally more than an app, entree and dessert at most of the other places recommended here. And if that is still too much, then convert one other TS meal to a CS meal during your trip and move the savings over to a meal at V&A. It will be a lifelong memory.

But if you opt to go elsewhere, I would go to bluezoo as my first choice and Citricos as my second. While I think that Il Mulino is a bit better, the atmosphere at Citricos is more conducive for romance. It seems silly, but I prefer tablecloths when I am seeking an anniversary atmosphere. Shula's is too "manly" for me to ever consider taking my lady out for a celebration. Reading a menu off of a football does not scream: "Happy Anniversary Honey".
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #22
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Shula's is too "manly" for me to ever consider taking my lady out for a celebration. Reading a menu off of a football does not scream: "Happy Anniversary Honey".
Of course you know YOUR wife, but for me, I'll have to respectfully disagree w/ this as I'm NOT a football fan in the least, but I found the place extremely elegant and tasteful. Touches of sports of course, but the beautiful place settings, tablecloths and well appointed staff didn't make me think "manly" in the least. Upscale is what I'd call it, upscale but not frilly. I looked at the football but it's not your main menu. It's just a little "fun" thing they have and take away after you order. I chose it for our 20th anniversary, the wife! DH could care less about football too. It was about the food for him as well as me. This was to celebrate our 20th anniversary. As you can tell, I'm pretty passionate about this place. Since our actual ann. is this month, and our Jan. trip was a mom and dad only pre-celebration get away, we're making our trip next month the official celebration, and choosing Shula's again. We can't stay away now.

Of course, it's all opinions.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #23
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs505
Congratulations on 10 years.

I'll vote for Citricos in the Grand Floridian for a great anniversary dinner. The food is really outstanding and the setting is romantic. We are from Philadelphia, and this is the type of nice restaurant we would go to for our anniversary dinner if we were home. Also, our kids did the kids club at the Polynesian Resort and so we dropped them off before dinner, took the monorail to dinner and when we were done, took the monorail back and picked them up for more park fun for the whole family. That may not be what you're looking for, but it eased our guilt, and we still had a really great anniversary dinner.

Also, they will print your names on the menu and it will say something like "Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary" on the menu. It makes a great keepsake. Though I'll repeat, it is a great restaurant.
I too second Citricos. We love the grand, and love citricos when we don't have the budget for v+a, which is almost always hahaha. Enjoy!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #24
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm reconsidering adding V&A to the possibilities. On the good side I have plenty of time before the trip to make up my mind. The down side is I have plenty of time to change my mind. I think DW would like Shula's. She is a casual football fan.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #25
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Of course you know YOUR wife, but for me, I'll have to respectfully disagree w/ this as I'm NOT a football fan in the least, but I found the place extremely elegant and tasteful. Touches of sports of course, but the beautiful place settings, tablecloths and well appointed staff didn't make me think "manly" in the least. Upscale is what I'd call it, upscale but not frilly. I looked at the football but it's not your main menu. It's just a little "fun" thing they have and take away after you order. I chose it for our 20th anniversary, the wife! DH could care less about football too. It was about the food for him as well as me. This was to celebrate our 20th anniversary. As you can tell, I'm pretty passionate about this place. Since our actual ann. is this month, and our Jan. trip was a mom and dad only pre-celebration get away, we're making our trip next month the official celebration, and choosing Shula's again. We can't stay away now.

Of course, it's all opinions.
We always choose Shula's for a special celebration dinner. I love the warmth of the wood and the atmosphere in there. Plus, it is quiet. We'll be celebrating our 25th there!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #26
poly princess
Mouseketeer

California Grill with the view of the Magic Kingdom is great. Especially, when the fireworks go off. I also think Narcosees is nice too.

Congratulations on 10 years!
Have a wonderful anniversary and trip and lifetime of love and laughter.

Poly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: