Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #631
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Up next: Were we free from the squirrel? Emotionally, will I ever be free from the squirrel?!?!
Nevvvvveeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Quote:
Of course, by this time, we had drawn a crowd. There were several people standing by, watching. Thank you for the help, fellow Disney guests. Next time you are in danger of having a squirrel attach to your body, I will simply watch and do nothing!!!!
Oh I love the helpful 'stand by and do nothing' folk.
They really help the whole situation

But in all seriousness, that was a lovely/slightly disturbing squirrel story!

Wow! I have never seen a hippo out of water!!!

Baby giraffes are so delightfully awkward. So much limb...age! Love it!

Ahhh that lion totally knows he is boss. Totally.

Oh and on a side note- you should defs try and make it down to Busch Gardens!
I mean it's no Disney but the rides are super fun and the animals are great there!!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #632
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That baby giraffe is SO cute!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #633
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
My theory is that baby giraffes are so adorable because they're babies, but they're still taller than us. Most baby animals are tiny little balls of fluff, but giraffes are different and therefore more adorable.

That lion is AMAZING. His mane is flawless. I'd like to spend an afternoon trading hair tips with the guy. I mean, how does he keep it so perfect without product!?! I NEED TO KNOW.
You've hit the nail on the head. It's just too funny that they're babies but they are still huge. I saw a baby horse being born once and I was like O_O WHAT.

IKR? I hear it's insured for $10,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post

Nevvvvveeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Oh I love the helpful 'stand by and do nothing' folk.
They really help the whole situation

But in all seriousness, that was a lovely/slightly disturbing squirrel story!

Wow! I have never seen a hippo out of water!!!

Baby giraffes are so delightfully awkward. So much limb...age! Love it!

Ahhh that lion totally knows he is boss. Totally.

Oh and on a side note- you should defs try and make it down to Busch Gardens!
I mean it's no Disney but the rides are super fun and the animals are great there!!
Glad you enjoyed the squirrel story!

"Delightfully awkward" is the perfect way to describe them!

haha I agree. He is aware of his flawlessness.

I'm sure I'll get to Busch Gardens someday! I love rollercoasters and I hear there are some amazing ones there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That baby giraffe is SO cute!!!
I know, I just love them so much!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #634
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
OMG I love the ducks but I would never like reach out to one. The ducklings are so cute but I wouldn't touch even them, I mean you never know. That's a good point about the sugar... I didn't even think of that, but wow that squirrel was definitely in the middle of a sugar rush!
The hilarious part was, she wasn't even reaching out to the ducks. I was just acting paranoid and would like withdraw any limbs they got near and she was kicked back and relaxed and like "Why are you so freaked out by them? They aren't going to do anything!" And then she got bit twice.

Also, apparently my zoo was exciting the last time I went. (The time I lost my camera that was never found. ) Sidenote: I feel really lame telling you stories from my zoo because stuff from Disney reminds me of it. But seriously, I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS ONE. Because my mind was blown. So you saw a hippo get out of the water for the first time. Well I saw that too! BUT, why was he getting out of the water? THE TRAINER CALLED HIM. The guy literally called out to the hippo and they hippo got out of the water and went inside. It was mind-blowing because I had no idea you could get hippos to do things! I thought they just did whatever the heck they want.

Anywho, I love lions. They are so amazingly fabulous. Oh man. The mane. The roar. The MAJESTY.
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #635
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

WDW posted this photo album on Facebook. You’re welcome.

The lions are absolutely beautiful. I love them so much.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #636
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
The hilarious part was, she wasn't even reaching out to the ducks. I was just acting paranoid and would like withdraw any limbs they got near and she was kicked back and relaxed and like "Why are you so freaked out by them? They aren't going to do anything!" And then she got bit twice.

Also, apparently my zoo was exciting the last time I went. (The time I lost my camera that was never found. ) Sidenote: I feel really lame telling you stories from my zoo because stuff from Disney reminds me of it. But seriously, I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS ONE. Because my mind was blown. So you saw a hippo get out of the water for the first time. Well I saw that too! BUT, why was he getting out of the water? THE TRAINER CALLED HIM. The guy literally called out to the hippo and they hippo got out of the water and went inside. It was mind-blowing because I had no idea you could get hippos to do things! I thought they just did whatever the heck they want.

Anywho, I love lions. They are so amazingly fabulous. Oh man. The mane. The roar. The MAJESTY.
Wow that's crazy! And scary!

LOL OMG. That is amazing. I would be shocked too... now that I think of it, I never knew hippos could be obedient. Don't feel lame telling me zoo stories! I enjoy them!

"THE MAJESTY" is right! Kings of the jungle baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
WDW posted this photo album on Facebook. You’re welcome.

The lions are absolutely beautiful. I love them so much.
AAAAAGHHHHHH THANK YOU. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH TOO. I wish I could hug one just once! I suppose I could if I didn't mind immediately dying. But I would mind that... so... le sigh.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #637
DreamEagle
Earning My Ears

Lia, guess who is about to be LIviN It uP at WDW?

<--- THIS GUY!

I'll say "Hi" to 600 loops of Stacey for ya

Recent Memory...

WDW: 07/08 | 02/09 | 09/12 | 01/13 | 02/13 | 04/13| 9/13 | 12/13 DL: So Lucky, Daily! |DCL: 10/11 (LA to Mexico!)

Last edited by DreamEagle; 09-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #638
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

great lion pics
Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #639
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEagle View Post
Lia, guess who is about to be LIviN It uP at WDW?

<--- THIS GUY!

I'll say "Hi" to 600 loops of Stacey for ya
OMG! THAT IS AMAZING!!! Have the most magical trip ever and be sure to double up on the Livin It Up for me! 43 more days and I will be there! Ahh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
great lion pics
Thank you!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #640
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OMG that squirrel story. I admit it. I can't help but feed animals, even though I know it's idiotic. They're just so CUTE!!! Last month when I was at the beach for the day I kept giving goldfish to this one seagull. He was so cute. AWW ANIMALS.

Anyways...

MORE ANIMALS! Ack that baby giraffe is too adorable. I want it for my own.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #641
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OMG that squirrel story. I admit it. I can't help but feed animals, even though I know it's idiotic. They're just so CUTE!!! Last month when I was at the beach for the day I kept giving goldfish to this one seagull. He was so cute. AWW ANIMALS.

Anyways...

MORE ANIMALS! Ack that baby giraffe is too adorable. I want it for my own.
I knooooow! They just look up at you with their big eyes all sad and hungry looking...it's hard to resist!

I want a pet giraffe too! Or maybe two or three so they could hang out together and stuff. Yes, that is a great idea.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #642
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 7, Part 5 In Which More Weird Sea Life Is Discovered

After a wonderful Safari, we went to catch the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch, which both of us had never been to before. I was very excited, since it's rare that there's something at Disney I haven't seen.

The train was so cool! The seats do not face forward, they face out.

Like this:

I didn't take this... Credit goes to wdwinfo.com!

I thought that was so cool! While on the train, you get to see some backstage areas of AK, which was awesome. I'm happy they didn't jazz this little trip up with overly Disneyish things. It was really natural, just the back of Animal Kingdom, with the exception of some go ol' Disney advertising: billboards for the movie African Cats. No one was mad though, I mean, that film was amazing.

What was not so amazing was that it started raining while we were on our way to Rafiki's, so by the time we got there, we weren't so into exploring the outside areas of the attraction. I do remember seeing a bunch of adorable monkey exhibits though, so hopefully next time we can get a longer look at them.

Mom and I headed right inside, and it was very cool to see the famous animal mural in person! Sorry, I don't have many pictures, I was running out of space on my memory card cause I could not figure out how to get the pixel size smaller on my new camera. But don't worry, I bought a new memory card the next day (and have since figured out how to make the pixel size smaller).

We spent a lot of time looking at everything inside. It was a really nice break from touring the rest of Animal Kingdom. I love how you can see into the people who work here's offices and what they are working on. One of them had a real life Hidden Pictures game going on, it was so awesome! They had hidden various objects in their office (which you could see behind glass) and displayed a list of them for guests find. So cool!

There are all types of little creatures in cages here... bugs, reptiles, sea life, etc. It was so interesting to see everything, especially since most of it was stuff you don't see everyday. I recognized a lot of them, some I didn't. Which I LOVED. I absolutely love finding out about creatures I never knew existed.

Many of them were very cool, but none captured my attention and imagination so much as my new obsession.

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you.... the AXOLOTLS!!!!!!!

UM... would you look at that face?

They first caught my eye because they reminded me of Flotsam and Jetsam from The Little Mermaid! Isn't that so funny? They look just like them!

Unfortunately, these guys are endangered. They're from Mexico and the pollution in the water has killed a lot of them off. Luckily, Disney is keeping them safe. YAY DISNEY!! Another +82394823094820 cool points for you guys.

So when I got home, I googled them, and OMG they are even cooler than I could tell while at AK.

In the pictures I took, you can't see them that well, but they have these fin...things...?!?! That are often flared up:

OK so, are you really ready to be wowed?

THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE AS BABIES:

AHHH!!! I WANT!!!

I know, I know, it's crazy. HOW DID I NOT KNOW THESE EXIST!?!?!

Oh Disney, you are so perfect, helping me discover even more fascinating creatures! I mean, Our Frogfish Friend (aka Paul) will always be my first love, but the Axolotls (aka Flotsam and Jetsam Jrs) are SO FREAKING AMAZING too! I can't wait to go visit them again. I hope that one day they will have some babies I could see. I would seriously cry. Ahh! I love weird creatures. I myself am a very weird creature, so I just feel a bond with them!

The Axolotls kinda took the cake for me, but I was really excited when I saw something that reminded me of Harry Potter...

I posted on Twitter:
Saw a burmese python!!! Spoke to it obviously, since I'm a parceltongue and all. No prob.

It was awesome! I've never been scared of snakes, so I spent a lot of time looking at them. I am, however, horrified by spiders. Therefore, I stayed FAR away from the tarantula. I was so not there for that. Oh my God, even seeing it behind glass made me nervous. I can't take them.

Do you know that tarantulas, on top of having giant fangs that venom leaks from, their hair is PROJECTILE? So if you're not close enough to one to get bitten, it just may send some poisonous barbs your way.

I.

Hate.

Spiders.

I'm a big fan of conquering fears... but I don't think I will ever hold a tarantula. I am positive all spiders have a pact to kill me.

Anywho.

That's all for today folks. Tune in next time where we get trapped in Animal Kingdom. Cause it's just not Disney if we're not stuck. UH... somewhere.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #643
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love the fact that you ride sideways on the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch! I'm easily amused though....

They totally DO look like Flotsam and Jetsam!

Oh my God they are so cute as babies!!!!!!! I didn't think that was real at first, I thought you were messing with me.

Wow, look at you parseltongue.

I cannot handle spiders either. Like no way, no size. I don't care if it's teeny tiny, not doing it.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #644
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

what are AXOLOTLS I have never heard of these... so strange looking but kinda cool as well.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #645
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Those creatures are so cool! I like how the ones in your photos from the Animal Kingdom look like they are smiling, but the ones from your Internet search do not look as happy. It's the Disney magic that's making them so happy! They clearly love their lives.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: