Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1666
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
MM - have you done the photo books in the past? If so, have you been happy with the quality? Do they have Disney "decorations" and such for the pages or is it just plain with your pictures?

I have always done the photopass but haven't done a book before.
I do the photobook every trip!!! I love it!!! There are different "themes" you can pick for your book, and yes, very "Disneyfied". They are wonderful keepsakes, and you can add text to the pictures and everything.

I was psyched because right now, there is a deal for $10 off and FREE Shipping!!! Saved myself about $17!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #1667
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Missoutandabout,
Congrats!! I am so glad the interview was brief, and now you can celebrate!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #1668
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Happy Friday, folks!

and, Wishing a Fantabulously Bodacious 10th Anniversary to Jen and Her Hubs!

Pas: Lots of these your way...

I like the sound of your evenings! Going to go pick out a bottle for tonight's veg-out.

Thank yoooooou for the compliment. And double-thanks for the bolded bit: You don't know how nice this is to hear! There IS hope I might, one day, sleep until 8am.

Your plans are making MY head spin, how are YOU managing to keep track of all this changing and potential changing?

Thanks, you all. We got up in the wee hours to make an early train to be there on time. (I'm always amazed at how my daughter - regardless of the time of morning - opens her eyes and is non-stop until she goes to bed in the evening. Energizer Bunny, Motor-Mouth! Where does that energy come from?) Sorry, got side-tracked... Got there with all of our life's paperwork in tow. With pictures to prove we're not a fake couple (and the actual child to prove that we didn't make her up, too. ) She asked us roughly 5 questions and said, "Your green card application has been approved." We sat there with mouths agape! No more renewing visas every 3 years or so.

Hahaha, I bet they'll ace it. Sounds so fun.

If any of us are planning to move, we need to fly our resident expert GG in to help! You won't mind, will you GG?

Every day, I'm learning this more and more.

She seem better than the first day, I hope? How's DS doing?

Wahooooooooooooooo, YAY for tickets!

21 Day Dance! Hubs is off in Ol' Blighty now, right? He enjoying himself?!

Poor Candace. You've got a trip booked though! (Trying to find the silver lining for ya ... )

You nurses are made of sturdier, braver, crazier stuff than us normal people. (I'll wait in the bushes very non-stalker-like and spray you down with disinfectant when you hop out of the Human Bacteria Frappe. )
Yay for the Green Card!!!! Sounds like your life will be alot more hassle free! Where is the hubster originally from anyways?

And thanks for finding the silver lining!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #1669
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
CONGRATS ON THE GREEN CARD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Missoutandabout,
Congrats!! I am so glad the interview was brief, and now you can celebrate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yay for the Green Card!!!! Sounds like your life will be alot more hassle free!
Thanks so much ladies. It'll be so nice not having to deal with the visa renewals (which require him to be out of the country to renew). His work paid for it all so doubly good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Missoutandabout OMGosh you make you make laugh. Please don't spray me down. Those chemicals are worse than the germs. Honestly I never get sick. My kids have never taken any medication. No antibiotics no tylenol nothing. It's got to be all those germs I bring home that's made them tough. I even let them run around barefoot and play in the dirt. We like to live dangerously.
Okay, okay. I won't wait for you with the disinfectant. I quite like your theory about playing in dirt... as horrible as the state of my house is, we can be test subjects! Need to build up the ol' immune system. (Although I've failed already with my bunged-up nose and scratchy throat. )

Quote:
Where is the hubster originally from anyways?
He's from across the pond. The other day, when I mentioned what my mother-in-law said about the hot tub? If I were telling you that story in-person, it would have been complete with a mock hoity-toity Queen of England accent. (I can't not do it when my MIL gets mentioned. I'm so bad. )

MM, Re: the PhotoPass: How many did you guys wind up getting taken by the PP photogs, lots? I'm wondering whether to opt for the CD again or do a few individual photos like last year since we're going for such a short time.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #1670
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much ladies. It'll be so nice not having to deal with the visa renewals (which require him to be out of the country to renew). His work paid for it all so doubly good!

Okay, okay. I won't wait for you with the disinfectant. I quite like your theory about playing in dirt... as horrible as the state of my house is, we can be test subjects! Need to build up the ol' immune system. (Although I've failed already with my bunged-up nose and scratchy throat. )

He's from across the pond. The other day, when I mentioned what my mother-in-law said about the hot tub? If I were telling you that story in-person, it would have been complete with a mock hoity-toity Queen of England accent. (I can't not do it when my MIL gets mentioned. I'm so bad. )

MM, Re: the PhotoPass: How many did you guys wind up getting taken by the PP photogs, lots? I'm wondering whether to opt for the CD again or do a few individual photos like last year since we're going for such a short time.
OMG!!! My DD8 would probably LOVE your DH then! She is obsessed with British accents and will randomly just start using one whenever, and wherever she chooses...we are used to it now, but it throws people off sometimes...she's really good!!!

On the Photopass....We actually hadn't done the CD prior to our recent trip in July. We only did it because of the Photopass +, which is what we got and we knew that we were doing alot of the character meals included, plus Pirates League, and alot of the rides that were on it would be DD5 first times on those so the pictures would be great. I am glad we got it, and think it was worth it for that trip, but not sure I would do it again. We usually just get the free photopass card and have the photopass CM's take pictures with their camera and ours and then I pick and chose amongst the ones we took and usually order them via the photobook. We ended up with about 97 photos on the CD, which is cool...but we also felt very obligated to seek out photopass CM's in order to get those pictures done...ya know???

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #1671
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, you all. We got up in the wee hours to make an early train to be there on time. (I'm always amazed at how my daughter - regardless of the time of morning - opens her eyes and is non-stop until she goes to bed in the evening. Energizer Bunny, Motor-Mouth! Where does that energy come from?) Sorry, got side-tracked... Got there with all of our life's paperwork in tow. With pictures to prove we're not a fake couple (and the actual child to prove that we didn't make her up, too. ) She asked us roughly 5 questions and said, "Your green card application has been approved." We sat there with mouths agape! No more renewing visas every 3 years or so.
AWESOME!!!

Hey, no need for those extra packing cubes for those INS folks now, is there Miss??

Quote:

Hahaha, I bet they'll ace it. Sounds so fun.
I'll report back here ... first game next friday night!

Quote:

She seem better than the first day, I hope? How's DS doing?
She's better, thanks! Now DS, that's another story, slowly goes it!

Quote:
I do the photobook every trip!!! I love it!!! There are different "themes" you can pick for your book, and yes, very "Disneyfied". They are wonderful keepsakes, and you can add text to the pictures and everything.

I was psyched because right now, there is a deal for $10 off and FREE Shipping!!! Saved myself about $17!!!
Nice! I have yet to make a photo book, whether it's Disney or not. Shutterfly will periodically send me offers for $10 off and I get motivated but than usually don't get to it until it expires ....

500+ pix ... that's a lot of pix to go thru to select for a book .... well, it should help pass the time until April ....

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #1672
padawans
DIS Veteran

Missoutandabout OH My maybe its my dusty house that does it. Good excuse not to clean today.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #1673
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout

Yay for the green card! That's awesome! And I love your new avatar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

OMG!!! My DD8 would probably LOVE your DH then! She is obsessed with British accents and will randomly just start using one whenever, and wherever she chooses...we are used to it now, but it throws people off sometimes...she's really good!!!

On the Photopass....We actually hadn't done the CD prior to our recent trip in July. We only did it because of the Photopass +, which is what we got and we knew that we were doing alot of the character meals included, plus Pirates League, and alot of the rides that were on it would be DD5 first times on those so the pictures would be great. I am glad we got it, and think it was worth it for that trip, but not sure I would do it again. We usually just get the free photopass card and have the photopass CM's take pictures with their camera and ours and then I pick and chose amongst the ones we took and usually order them via the photobook. We ended up with about 97 photos on the CD, which is cool...but we also felt very obligated to seek out photopass CM's in order to get those pictures done...ya know???
so you don't have to buy the cd to use the photo pass pics in the books? I still do paperscrapping so I would have to think long and hard. I love adding the borders and such to my pictures. But like you, I always have them take pics with my camera too. Theirs are usually better but maybe not THAT much better.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #1674
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Yay for the green card! That's awesome! And I love your new avatar!

so you don't have to buy the cd to use the photo pass pics in the books? I still do paperscrapping so I would have to think long and hard. I love adding the borders and such to my pictures. But like you, I always have them take pics with my camera too. Theirs are usually better but maybe not THAT much better.
No, you don't have to have the CD, but you will be limited to the 30 day (I think) timeframe in order to use the pics. The only real benefit of the CD is that you get to keep them all and use them whenever, thus my waiting 2 months to actually making the book this time. You can also upload your own pics to the website and use them, which I do...and did, which is why we had about 500+ pics...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #1675
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday ladies!

DH and I are just sitting with a bottle of wine and relaxing, not too exciting but we had our weekend last week.. Still can't process we are leaving soon...very soon! Haven't packed a thing! It will be very last minute...probably the morning we are leaving to go to Buffalo for the airport! I am going to try to post a pic of our very basic, first time t-shirts that DH worked so hard on!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #1676
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

These will play an important role in our surprise on Tuesday!!

thanks to MarneB for the Disigns!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #1677
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

SO CUTE!!! I love it .... you are very talented!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #1678
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Love the shirts Jenny! I thought I posted this yesterday, but I think my post gotten eaten so..... Happy belated birthday!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #1679
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Very cute!!! Only 5 days!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #1680
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Grumpy Grandma and Iheart: I can't take the credit but thank you!! Yes, another year older....feel the same of course!! My DD's had too much chocolate cake (which I picked out..it was sooo yummy with chocolate mousse inside) and a few meltdowns ensued. Oh well...still a wonderful birthday!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: