DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #16
barrysprot36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPickles View Post
You know what really pisses me off is when people are just plain rude when it comes to the Laundry Room.

Twice this trip, my DW went to go do laundry in BLT, put her stuff in and set it all up, stepped out for less than 2 minutes to take my DD2.5 to the bathroom to come back and find our laundry pulled out of the washers and thrown in the corner.

I know she should not technically leave the stuff unattended and before someone says rent a 1BR, yeah I would if we could.

But come on! Two minutes? And this was in the middle of the cycle, not stopped or finished and we were not even using all of the machines. The others were in use by other people. It was almost like they were waiting for you to leave to do it...and then they do not even have the B***S to stick around themselves.

I would never touch someone's stuff even if it was sitting there finished and in the machine without them there to remove it. But what these people did was just uncalled for. It was not even like we could complain, we didn't know who it was who did it - hence this rant.

Anyone have thoughts either way? Would love to hear some input.

Thanks.
If I had done that last month at BCV I would have been waiting over an hour for the person to come back and remove her washing. As it was I waited 10 minutes after the washing had finished then removed it myself (I did not like doing this) and placed it on the table. My washing was in the dryer by the time the person came back, she complained because someone had 'dumped' her washing and not folded it There was only washer working so it was very selfish of her I thought.

Should I have folded her washing though? I don't like to touch other peoples things.

Caron

Aug '97 ~ DLP Sequia Lodge
Aug '02 ~ WDW Indian Ridge Villa
Aug '03 ~ DLP Newport Bay
July '04 ~ CBR
July '06 ~ CR, RPR, AKL
Aug '07 ~ CBR, Poly, free DDP
Aug '08 ~ POFQ, BCV, GF,
May '09 ~ WL CL Aug '09 ~ OKW, VB, SSR, BLT Dec '09 ~ Pop, OKW, BLT, CR Atrium & BCV
May '10 ~ Pop, POR & OKW Aug '10 ~ CSR, RPR & BLT Oct '10 ~ BWV, AKV & BLT
May '11 ~ Sunset Lakes Villa & Vero Beach
July'12 ~ BCV, BLT & Sunset Lakes Villa
Nov'12 ~ DLP Newport Bay
April'13 ~ Pop, RPR & BLT August'13 ~ BLT & OKW
May'14 ~ VGF & Kidani September'14 ~ WBTA, RPR & BLT
barrysprot36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

10 min courtesy after the cycle is complete then I'm pulling it out if I need it. DH watches the kids and I stay in the laundry room. I did this in college too. At HHI I folded someones towels and when I left so were the towels.
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

OP - WOW, and I thought my miserable BCV laundry experience this summer was bad! I can't fathom taking someone's stuff out mid-cycle. Only one of the two washers was operational at BCV and people were lined-up, staking it out all day, every day. I went back multiple times a day to see if I could get a load in to no avail - finally complained at the front desk and got a roll of quarters to use the BC pay machines... half of which were broken, too. Loved our BCV stay; hated the laundry experience.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We used w/d at BLT for 3 loads last week, and all was fine. They got lots of use, sometimes we had to wait, but never were clothes left at the end of a cycle.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #20
RobPickles
Lurking Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysprot36 View Post
If I had done that last month at BCV I would have been waiting over an hour for the person to come back and remove her washing. As it was I waited 10 minutes after the washing had finished then removed it myself ...

...Should I have folded her washing though? I don't like to touch other peoples things.
From what I have gathered, the 10 min thing is the norm and I would have understood if that had happened, but in this case the load wasn't even done and the person took the clothes out still full of soap.

Apparently he/she was in a rush and my DW was just the unlucky recipient of his/her impatience.

And no...you should not have had to fold anything that wasn't yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
OP - WOW, and I thought my miserable BCV laundry experience this summer was bad! I can't fathom taking someone's stuff out mid-cycle....
Yeah it was weird, but we are past it now. Hopefully it won't ever happen again that way.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #21
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

so sorry this happened to you - seriously if it ever happens again - talk to security - this person needs a lesson in manners.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #22
jwtwbw2011
Earning My Ears

BLT laundry room

Can someone tell me what the laundry room is like? How much are the machines and how many are there? Is it open 24hrs? Going soon and would like to know in advance. Thanks!
jwtwbw2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
barrysprot36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtwbw2011 View Post
Can someone tell me what the laundry room is like? How much are the machines and how many are there? Is it open 24hrs? Going soon and would like to know in advance. Thanks!
There are 3 washing machines and 6 dryers. It is open 24 hrs but you always need your room key to gain access to the room.

Caron

Aug '97 ~ DLP Sequia Lodge
Aug '02 ~ WDW Indian Ridge Villa
Aug '03 ~ DLP Newport Bay
July '04 ~ CBR
July '06 ~ CR, RPR, AKL
Aug '07 ~ CBR, Poly, free DDP
Aug '08 ~ POFQ, BCV, GF,
May '09 ~ WL CL Aug '09 ~ OKW, VB, SSR, BLT Dec '09 ~ Pop, OKW, BLT, CR Atrium & BCV
May '10 ~ Pop, POR & OKW Aug '10 ~ CSR, RPR & BLT Oct '10 ~ BWV, AKV & BLT
May '11 ~ Sunset Lakes Villa & Vero Beach
July'12 ~ BCV, BLT & Sunset Lakes Villa
Nov'12 ~ DLP Newport Bay
April'13 ~ Pop, RPR & BLT August'13 ~ BLT & OKW
May'14 ~ VGF & Kidani September'14 ~ WBTA, RPR & BLT
barrysprot36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #24
jwtwbw2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysprot36 View Post
There are 3 washing machines and 6 dryers. It is open 24 hrs but you always need your room key to gain access to the room.

Caron
Thanks Caron!
jwtwbw2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #25
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

I was in there at least 4 times last week and never once needed my key. I wish I had, I don't like it left open, but it was. Never had a problem getting a washer or dryer but it must be crazy at busier times.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Dude op, that's totally not excellent.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #27
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

I looked into the laundry room last week, and the dryer that wasn't working in March (!) was out of order again!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #28
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Aren't the machines front loaders? We're always in a 1-2 b/r but I've stuck my head into some of the laundry rooms including BWV last week and saw front loaders. If so, wait til the cycle is to the point of locking the machine and there shouldn't be a problem. (???)
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: