Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
dadschum
Mouseketeer

Renting multiple units at WBC and having them be in the same building or same floor

If I were to rent multiple units at WBC and would like them to be in the same building, or better yet, the same floor, what must I do to increase my chances of this happening?

I'd be renting from one of the companies often recommended on this board. Not sure which one yet.

The units will likely be of varying bedroom #'s. Would be looking for 2 or 3 units not sure which would be 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom, could be some combo of such.

Would I increase my chances if they were all deluxe or all presidential, or could I do a combo of types.

I realize asking for same building or floor is a request but are there strategies to employ to increase my chances?

Thank you!
dadschum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

The best things to increase your chances.... Have at least 1 of the units be a 2bdrm Deluxe. Since the majority of units in the resort are 2bdrm Deluxe's, It would be MUCH easier for them to find a 2bdrm on the same floor or building as the 2nd room than it would be a 1bdrm or 3bdrm. (where there might be only 1 or 2 on each floor because of the layout)

Beyond that... It's just playing the request game with the resort. I'd call about 2weeks prior to make the request so that they have more room to try and cooridinate the request.

If you just want the same tower, All 1,2 and 3bdrm Presidentials are going to be located in Tower 6, So you are guaranteed to be in the same tower if you got 2 of those presidential units.

Depending on your party size and the reasons for your request, You might also want to consider seeing if a 4bdrm presidential unit is available. It might be large enough for your entire group within the 1 room, and it costs, point wise, about the same as 2 2bdrm units.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
dadschum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
The best things to increase your chances.... Have at least 1 of the units be a 2bdrm Deluxe. Since the majority of units in the resort are 2bdrm Deluxe's, It would be MUCH easier for them to find a 2bdrm on the same floor or building as the 2nd room than it would be a 1bdrm or 3bdrm. (where there might be only 1 or 2 on each floor because of the layout)

Beyond that... It's just playing the request game with the resort. I'd call about 2weeks prior to make the request so that they have more room to try and cooridinate the request.

If you just want the same tower, All 1,2 and 3bdrm Presidentials are going to be located in Tower 6, So you are guaranteed to be in the same tower if you got 2 of those presidential units.

Depending on your party size and the reasons for your request, You might also want to consider seeing if a 4bdrm presidential unit is available. It might be large enough for your entire group within the 1 room, and it costs, point wise, about the same as 2 2bdrm units.
Thanks DCTooTall!

We would probably be a party of 1 couple, another couple with a 12 year old girl and then me, a single gal. We did Disney together in Dec 2010 and shared a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo. It was a bit too much togetherness, so I think I would not want the 4 bedroom.

Thinking 2 1 bedrooms and 1 2 bedroom or 1 1 bedroom and 1 3 bedroom. Probably doing all either Deluxe or all Presidential.

So ALL the 1, 2 and 3 bedroom Presidentials are in Tower 6 then? I believe those are on higher floors right? So then are the 1,2 and 3 bedroom deluxes all over the place, including lower floors of Tower 6? And I believe I read somewhere that the 4 bedrooms are on the top floors of the various towers. Would that be 4 bedroom deluxe or 4 bedroom Presidentials? It is all confusing.

So if I did all Presidentials we would all at least be in Tower 6. Maybe on the same floor? Maybe not? That could work.

Thanks for your help DC. And thanks for sharing your WBC knowledge with all of us here. It really helps.
dadschum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Yes, the Presidential units are on the upper floors of Tower 6. (I think 10 and above). The lower floors have Deluxe units.

4 Bedroom Presidentials are on the top floor of each building. I THINK (Don't quote me on this) that there may also be 4bdrms on other floors within Tower 6 beyond just the top floor.

There are no 4 Bdrm Deluxe units.

Other than the 4 bdrm presidentials on the top of Towers 1-5, The rest of those buildings are made up of a mixture of deluxe units. I think generally the 1bdrm units tend to be located in the center of the floor, while the 3bdrm units are at the end of the hallways. There are subtle differences to the layouts of each tower, and since I haven't seen a floor plan for each tower I can't be certain on this however.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote