Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
I had to chuckle when I read this because it made me realize how subjective food is. We had the good fortune of sailing the Summit and the Magic this summer. Just got off the Magic today. We left the Summit feeling surprised by what we considered to be poor food quality. Just not to our liking and steak that was like rawhide. Even ordered rare, it came out well done. We kept looking at each other on the Magic this week and commenting positively on the food. Palo was fantastic and the rest was very good. Not a bad meal at all.

I don't dispute your view at all, we maybe had a bad week on the Summit or ordered the wrong food, but thankfully, we picked all the right things on the magic!
We also got off the Magic today and all three of us commented on how bad the food was. Most nights all of the vegetables were cold when served and the choices on the menus were nothing to write home about. The lobster mac and cheese was the worst mac and cheese we have ever had. Imagine melted cheese with a very small amount of lobster stirred into pasta that was not even cooked ala dente. The pasta cracked when you chewed it. Most nights we ordered the tryed and true sirloin or chicken dishes and were pleased. Even our servers were recommending these over the other options on the menu.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: