Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Pipkin
Mouseketeer

Delta Airlines; Would you keep this flight?

Our flight time was changed. We are flying into Cincinnati on to Orlando with a 50 minute layover. The legal connection is 35 minutes. Cincinnati is a quiet airport. We can switch to a flight that leaves 10 minutes earlier, connects in Atlanta with a 70 minute layover. Much bigger airport but if we miss the connection, there is a flight out an hour later and two more after that. Of course there is no predicting if those flights will be full or not. In Cincinnati the next flight out is at 4 pm. We are going in October, typically decent weather. We can change for no charge. WWYD?
Pipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

I would avoid Atlanta like the plaque! Huge airport, lots of people, lots of delays, much more confusion, more chance for missed connection, misdirected baggage. I would go with the smaller airport. JMO
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

I used to live outside of Atlanta and still connect through when necessary. Maybe I am just lucky, but never had any major problems. 70 minute connection is more than enough time. Even though it is a large airport it is easy to get from one terminal to another.

Anytime you fly you have the chance of missing connections, missed directed luggage etc.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran

I would stick with Cincy. It is a very small airport compared to Atlanta. I see no reason you would miss your connection.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

How does the arrival time change? That would affect my decision. While Atlanta is larger, it's also easier to make other arrangements if you miss a connection. On the other hand, Cinci is a boring airport if you have a long lay over.

To me, it comes down to the times. All things being equal (they usually aren't), I'd go through Atlanta. But at this point, I'd also be comparing planes. Does one plane offer an entertainment system (either overhead or in seat)? Delta's website will tell you (icons next to the flight numbers). The entertainment options over rule CVG vs. ATL (IMO).
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'd stick with CVG. Very nice airport and easy to connect in with only the one terminal. Having said that, I wouldn't worry about making a 70 minute connection time in ATL either. As big as that airport is it is still easy to make a 70 minute connection.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Where are you coming from? How does it affect your overall flight time and arrival time?

I like the Cincinnati airport and I believe Delta is down to one concourse now. I also don't mind Atlanta.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

I don't understand why you are even considering changing. Your original flight sounds good to me. I would avoid Atlanta if I could.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: