Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckleball View Post
We've been to WDW at least once a year for the past decade, often going with relatives who have children just a bit younger than our son. But our son (now in college) and his cousins (now in their late teens) all have developed a "been there, done that" attitude about WDW. So, when we excitedly bring up a potential trip to WDW, the "kids" roll their eyes and tell us they'd rather go somewhere else. On the other hand, my wife and I enjoy going as much as ever! Admittedly, however, even our focus has shifted somewhat from the parks and just being at an on-site resort is now as much a part of the vacation experience as anything else..there just is just something about being at WDW, walking around the resort grounds, etc. We still like going to the parks but I think we could just spend a week at a resort and that would be fine with us...but the "kids" aren't interested!

So, are we the only parents in the world who want to keep going to WDW even after the "kids" get older and lose interest? Maybe there is a support group we could join?!! (LOL)
DW and I go frequently just the two of us. We also recently tried Disney cruising and loved it so now we are taking a Disney cruise just her and I and a seperate WDW vacation with grandkids. Have you thought about trying a cruise?

[Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."
-St. Augustine]
DizneyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: