Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #1651
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Welcome back KOOK

Jenny: Wanted to wish you and DH a very HAPPY ANNI! and many more wished for you

PAS: we miss you!!! and can't wait for you to be back

Melissa: glad to hear that parasailing shouldn't be too much of a challenge for me if I can just swallow that fear of heights, I should be fine

21 days today and I will be on my way to our happy place!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #1652
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u
Welcome back KOOK

Jenny: Wanted to wish you and DH a very HAPPY ANNI! and many more wished for you

Melissa: glad to hear that parasailing shouldn't be too much of a challenge for me if I can just swallow that fear of heights, I should be fine

I think you will like parasailing. It's kind of relaxing from what I remember. It's been years though! They strap you in really well. I did let my two oldest do it at the beach this summer and they loved it!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #1653
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Decided to start working on our photo book through the Photopass website. It is taking forever to upload the pictures. But then again, I have close to 550!!!

I am loving going through all of our pictures, but it's making me sooooo sad that we aren't there right now.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #1654
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I got my airline tix!!!!!

I am definitely doing the happy dance! I got them for $236 each which is about $100 less per ticket than I was contemplating! I am so excited. Now, I have to call and add a day to my ressies - oops! Lol
Hurray for tickets!
It is always so nice to have that part of planning completed!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #1655
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne

Hurray for tickets!
It is always so nice to have that part of planning completed!
Yeah, especially when your trip is less than 1 month away! Now I can really be excited!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1656
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
sssshhh it's my birthday!! (shameless plug for myself!)

Sarah: the plans sound great!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas’s ankle is recovering well …. She’s been dealing with the usual stress of back to school, doctor appts, working, being a mom ….

She wanted me to pass along that she misses everyone and hopes to be back on line real soon.

Jeanette ... we love you and can't wait to have you back!!!
Thanks for keeping us updated. Jeanette feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Decided to start working on our photo book through the Photopass website. It is taking forever to upload the pictures. But then again, I have close to 550!!!

I am loving going through all of our pictures, but it's making me sooooo sad that we aren't there right now.
Sad but also happy since you have another trip booked!!!

Update on my DD's apartment: today the manager was in the apartment to get a couple of things fixed and she just kept looking around. She finally told my DD how much she loved what she had done with the place. DD told her it was all my mom and that I was the decorator. Manager kept saying how nice it was. Fast forward an hour and DD receives a text from the manager saying that she didn't have much money but she'd be willing to pay me to do her place!! Now I'd never take her money since she's a single working girl and a student but that was so nice to hear .... made me feel real good!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #1657
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Sad but also happy since you have another trip booked!!!

Update on my DD's apartment: today the manager was in the apartment to get a couple of things fixed and she just kept looking around. She finally told my DD how much she loved what she had done with the place. DD told her it was all my mom and that I was the decorator. Manager kept saying how nice it was. Fast forward an hour and DD receives a text from the manager saying that she didn't have much money but she'd be willing to pay me to do her place!! Now I'd never take her money since she's a single working girl and a student but that was so nice to hear .... made me feel real good!!!
Wow! Sounds like you have some serious decoration skills!!!
I'm so glad your DD is all settled into a new place now, thank God she has a wonderful mommy looking out for her.

I am super excited for our April trip!!! It just seems soooo far away!!! I have to be patient though, it's only 9 months between trips this time and I'm already down to 7...

Last time I had to wait 17 MONTHS between trips....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #1658
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Been a busy day, will blab about it tomorrow when I can catch up. Just wanted to say:

Hope you've had a most brilliant and glorious birthday, Jen!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #1659
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Welcome back KOOK

I'm excited for you. Your going to love the Poly. I have managed to squeeze one night in at your favorite Akl Cl before heading over to the BC. Parasailing? Are there Alligators in that lake.Just kidding.

For all you GERMAPHOBES out there I do plan on spending hours upon hours in that wonderful hot tub at the WL. I also plan on spending many hours in the pools....you know the ones that all the kids pee in. I have been peed on, pooped on, barfed on, coughed on, spit on, and bled on. I have come in contact with every germ and virus out there. I'm ready to battle the bacteria infested hot tubs.

JEN HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #1660
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GG-What a lovely compliment! So glad, too that your dd is settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
For all you GERMAPHOBES out there I do plan on spending hours upon hours in that wonderful hot tub at the WL. I also plan on spending many hours in the pools....you know the ones that all the kids pee in. I have been peed on, pooped on, barfed on, coughed on, spit on, and bled on. I have come in contact with every germ and virus out there. I'm ready to battle the bacteria infested hot tubs.
Padawans, Nurses are truly some of the most amazing people on earth. Your job is not easy. Thanks for all you do! (And you so deserve to have fun on your vacation doing whatever you'd like. Enjoy!:)
Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #1661
Janet B
DIS Veteran

TGIF Peeps!!

and following up on those birthday wishes to Jen, we have our anniversary wishes!!

Happy Anniversary Jen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Thanks for keeping us in the loop! I know we were all worrying! Let her know we are sending her lots of HUGS
Quote:

Will do! She knows and appreciate the good wishes from everyone!

Quote:
Well our Oct trip that was in question and then finally "set in stone" may be up for grabs again When we started our Dinsey planning a couple months ago, we had originally booked for 4 nts the first weekend in November, but then realized that it was DH's partner's wife's 40th bday and we needed to move that trip around which lead to more shorter trips. Well I got a call this morning from DH's partner that they may have to do the party (which will be a surprise and HUGE event) on the last weekend of Oct, of course the weekend I moved my Oct trip to. I know the YC is already booked that first weekend of Nov, so looks like if I have to move my dates, I have to move my resort as well. UGH! I give up
That's too bad Melissa ... what other dates are you thinking of for Oct?

Quote:

I am definitely doing the happy dance! I got them for $236 each which is about $100 less per ticket than I was contemplating! I am so excited. Now, I have to call and add a day to my ressies - oops! Lol
YEAH!!! Persistence pays off with lower fare and an extra Disney Day!! It can't get better than that!!

Quote:
Marie you will be great on that parasailing ... does Disney provide a photopass for that???

Quote:

What a great compliment!! Wonder Woman and Martha Stewart combined!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Been a busy day, will blab about it tomorrow when I can catch up. Just wanted to say:
Details, please.

Quote:
I'm excited for you. For all you GERMAPHOBES out there I do plan on spending hours upon hours in that wonderful hot tub at the WL. I also plan on spending many hours in the pools....you know the ones that all the kids pee in. I have been peed on, pooped on, barfed on, coughed on, spit on, and bled on. I have come in contact with every germ and virus out there. I'm ready to battle the bacteria infested hot tubs.
We are not too often at a resort that offers a hot tub .. but I certainly have taken advantage of them as well... one day last year I had the AK one all to myself!! Heaven!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Padawans, Nurses are truly some of the most amazing people on earth. Your job is not easy. Thanks for all you do! (And you so deserve to have fun on your vacation doing whatever you'd like. Enjoy!:)
I second this!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #1662
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

MM - have you done the photo books in the past? If so, have you been happy with the quality? Do they have Disney "decorations" and such for the pages or is it just plain with your pictures?

I have always done the photopass but haven't done a book before.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #1663
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday, folks!

and, Wishing a Fantabulously Bodacious 10th Anniversary to Jen and Her Hubs!

Pas: Lots of these your way...

Quote:
Good evening ladies…got a bottle of wine and my laptop and ready to catch up. I don’t know why my days slip away from me so fast but it seems like between errands, carline, and homework, my day is over in the blink of an eye.
I like the sound of your evenings! Going to go pick out a bottle for tonight's veg-out.

Quote:
Miss You are amazing with all that you have done! I wish I had a creative streak. I cant wait to hear how it all works out. Oh and you asked about kids going from early risers to sleepers….MINE Last winter vacation they shocked me by sleeping in. I knew at that moment my life changed from ever. The little ones used to be up by 7am on a good morning, but usually by 6 or so. Now DD can sleep til 9-10am and DS is usually up by about 8:30am (unless it is a school morning of course). And my big DS forget it, he can sleep til 2pm.
Thank yoooooou for the compliment. And double-thanks for the bolded bit: You don't know how nice this is to hear! There IS hope I might, one day, sleep until 8am.

Your plans are making MY head spin, how are YOU managing to keep track of all this changing and potential changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: Good luck...isn't your DH's interview tomorrow?? If so, here is some pixie dust that all goes well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
missoutandabout, I think today's is your husbands interview. Thinking good thoughts, hope it goes well, then your thoughts can turn to WDW!
Quote:
Details, please.
Thanks, you all. We got up in the wee hours to make an early train to be there on time. (I'm always amazed at how my daughter - regardless of the time of morning - opens her eyes and is non-stop until she goes to bed in the evening. Energizer Bunny, Motor-Mouth! Where does that energy come from?) Sorry, got side-tracked... Got there with all of our life's paperwork in tow. With pictures to prove we're not a fake couple (and the actual child to prove that we didn't make her up, too. ) She asked us roughly 5 questions and said, "Your green card application has been approved." We sat there with mouths agape! No more renewing visas every 3 years or so.

Quote:
Yes, first year in Marching band, it starts in 9th grade ....can't wait to see the first game in less than 2 weeks!! Somehow, i am thinking will it look like the march of the wooden soldiers???
Hahaha, I bet they'll ace it. Sounds so fun.

Quote:
That's our amazing GG!! Wonder Woman!!
If any of us are planning to move, we need to fly our resident expert GG in to help! You won't mind, will you GG?

Quote:
Girls are born drama queens aren't they?? Thanks, she seems to be holding up okay!
Every day, I'm learning this more and more.

She seem better than the first day, I hope? How's DS doing?

Quote:

Wahooooooooooooooo, YAY for tickets!

Quote:
21 Day Dance! Hubs is off in Ol' Blighty now, right? He enjoying himself?!

Quote:
Poor Candace. You've got a trip booked though! (Trying to find the silver lining for ya ... )

Quote:
You nurses are made of sturdier, braver, crazier stuff than us normal people. (I'll wait in the bushes very non-stalker-like and spray you down with disinfectant when you hop out of the Human Bacteria Frappe. )
Old 09-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #1664
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Thanks, you all. We got up in the wee hours to make an early train to be there on time. (I'm always amazed at how my daughter - regardless of the time of morning - opens her eyes and is non-stop until she goes to bed in the evening. Energizer Bunny, Motor-Mouth! Where does that energy come from?) Sorry, got side-tracked... Got there with all of our life's paperwork in tow. With pictures to prove we're not a fake couple (and the actual child to prove that we didn't make her up, too. ) She asked us roughly 5 questions and said, "Your green card application has been approved." We sat there with mouths agape! No more renewing visas every 3 years or so.
CONGRATS ON THE GREEN CARD!!!

And thank you for the anniversary wishes!!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #1665
padawans
DIS Veteran

Missoutandabout OMGosh you make you make laugh. Please don't spray me down. Those chemicals are worse than the germs. Honestly I never get sick. My kids have never taken any medication. No antibiotics no tylenol nothing. It's got to be all those germs I bring home that's made them tough. I even let them run around barefoot and play in the dirt. We like to live dangerously.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: