Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #46
RodNicPena
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I called Enterprise and reserved a 2-day, one-way rental from Houston Hobby to Galveston for May. There is no drop fee, and the total charge for 2 days will be $120.99 for an economy car.
Maybe because I'm coming from DFW or did talk to the right person? Anyhoo he told me even though I could very possibly being driving the exact car back they would charge me a 1way drop fee BOTH WAYS! Starting at $500 on a rental made my V8 not looks so bad after all.
RodNicPena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #47
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee Chick
Someone posted on our cruise meet thread this week that Galveston Park N' Cruise cancelled their reservation that was booked months before. They were told that they were not taking reservations for certain Disney cruises. I don't understand why they would do this if they already have a paying customer.
Maybe they got paid out by another cruise line?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #48
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

I would guess that's because of all the sudden itinerary changes.
It was for the 2012 Thanksgiving cruise which did not have an itinerary change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas

I just tried booking Galveston Park N' Cruise for our March 23rd cruise on the Disney Magic and it says they are sold out but when I changed to the RCCL Mariner sailing on March 24th it was available
I went back to the website and checked CCL and RCCL ships and it shows those are indeed available during the Thanksgiving week.

Maybe it has something to do with how the departure days line up and they can maximize their profits. The other lines depart on the Sunday while DCL departs on Saturday.
Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #49
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodNicPena View Post
Maybe because I'm coming from DFW or did talk to the right person? Anyhoo he told me even though I could very possibly being driving the exact car back they would charge me a 1way drop fee BOTH WAYS! Starting at $500 on a rental made my V8 not looks so bad after all.
Dallas to Galveston is considerably farther than Houston to Galveston, so that is probably the reason for the one-way fee.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #50
mikehn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you sure about this? I could have sworn I called Hilton and they declined offering shuttle service even though their site offers it.
I stayed there in April - free parking, free shuttle. Maybe that has changed now.
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #51
mikehn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I called Enterprise and reserved a 2-day, one-way rental from Houston Hobby to Galveston for May. There is no drop fee, and the total charge for 2 days will be $120.99 for an economy car.
Be real careful with Enterprise. The Enterprise drop off in Galveston is only open until noon on Saturday and it is closed on Sunday.
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #52
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how hard it is to get to the cruise terminal then to the enterprise office? Then DH has to take a taxi back to the terminal! I know it's bike weekend when we are there so we have to add extra time, but I was wondering how much. Thank you!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #53
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehn View Post
Be real careful with Enterprise. The Enterprise drop off in Galveston is only open until noon on Saturday and it is closed on Sunday.
Thanks. Our cruise departs on a Saturday, and I'm sure we will want to be at the cruise terminal before noon that day.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #54
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
This is just my opinion on Moody Gardens, but if you have a nice zoo and aquarium in your city, skip Moody Gardens. The Discovery Pyramid is a total waste of space IMO. The aquarium is the best part but like I said, if you have one where you live no need to go to one here.

We visited the new Pleasure Pier over Fourth of July and it is fun. Small but fun. We don't have kids and spent less than 2 hours there. With kids it is probably a half day thing. There is a Bubba Gumps seafood restaurant there. We ate there only because family wanted to. Skip it and find a local seafood place instead.
We don't have either an aquarium or a zoo anywhere near so this will be a treat. We are planning to have dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

Quote:
Holiday Inn Resort...free parking and shuttle. A friend of mine stayed last month and said it was great. We are staying 20-22.
This is where we are booked at the moment, but the reviews about it being noisy scare me. Did your friend have any issues with noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Oh, and I just have to comment on the Moody Gardens thing... DS & I have passes to both and to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens (going tomorrow, in fact!) and we never, ever get tired of either place. Between the monkeys frolicking all around you in the incredible (and now 2-story) Rainforest pyramid, watching the penguins have fun in the Aquarium pyramid, all the science-y stuff in the Discovery pyramid that we love, the 3D IMAX theater, the 4D motion theater, riding the Colonel paddlewheel boat, or just walking the grounds outside and gawking at the azalea gardens and the view over the water, we just can't get enough. We never run out of things to do.
Thanks. I have to say the aquarium, the Rainforest Pyramid and the Paddlewheel Boat are all major draws for us.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #55
RodNicPena
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We don't have either an aquarium or a zoo anywhere near so this will be a treat. We are planning to have dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

This is where we are booked at the moment, but the reviews about it being noisy scare me. Did your friend have any issues with noise?

Thanks. I have to say the aquarium, the Rainforest Pyramid and the Paddlewheel Boat are all major draws for us.

Corinna

No complaints what so ever. They said it was a great stay and all rooms have a view
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #56
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
No complaints what so ever. They said it was a great stay and all rooms have a view
Thanks. This is putting my mind at rest a little.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #57
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47

Corinna
We love Bubbas. We plan vacations on Bubba locations (joke)

You'll enjoy it. Love that it's right on the water. Try the I'm Stuffed Shrimp.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #58
RodNicPena
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Thanks. This is putting my mind at rest a little.

Corinna
I can always let you know how my trip goes too
Old 09-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #59
eggroll
eggroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinfly2
Does anyone know how hard it is to get to the cruise terminal then to the enterprise office? Then DH has to take a taxi back to the terminal! I know it's bike weekend when we are there so we have to add extra time, but I was wondering how much. Thank you!
1-1.5 hour before your boarding time
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #60
Atomic
Earning My Ears

Arrow Bike Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinfly2 View Post

Enterprise is right at 61st & I45/Broaday. Not far from the terminal, but...

Bike week is a traffic nightmare. I would budget more than an hour to get the 30 blocks. Try & arrange the cab to be at the Enterprise at a certain time?

What day/time is the departure?

Are you driving in that day?

PS- bike week or The Lone Star Rally, is lots of fun & brings a diverse crowd to the island, but we take our bicycles everywhere for the really busy days & stock up on all groceries, drinks & whatever else well before hand.

PPS-Last year it had 500,000 attendees. It used to take over the whole island, but the last few years has been concentrated downtown.

PPPS-The cruise terminal is downtown.

http://www.lonestarrally.com/

Last edited by Atomic; 09-07-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: