Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
ice cube
Mouseketeer

BCV 2 bedroom question...

I'm just wondering if anyone else on here came across this situation at the Beach Club Villas. We went down to WDW at the end of August. We checked in and went to our room. Our reservation was for a "dedicated" 2 bedroom unit. Now as I understand it a "dedicated" means that you will have 2 queen size beds in the second bedroom. We have done a "dedicated" 2 bedroom unit at the BCV's before and also at the BWV,VWL and AKV so we are no strangers to the "dedicated 2 bedroom unit or for the sake of the discussion a "lockoff" 2 bedroom unit. Well when we walked in our room #541 it had 1 queen size bed and a sofabed. I thought they made a mistake and gave me a "lockoff" so I went down to the front desk. I told the cm at the front desk I think they made a mistake as there is only one queen size bed. Long story short the cm got on the phone with someone from the infamous backroom and the answer was there are a couple of "dedicated" 2 bedrooms in the BCV's that are set up like that. Of course I had to get one of them and there was no other "dedicated" 2 bedroom available at the time of check in or for the rest of the day so that has to be the room we had to take. Now if I didn't want a "dedicated" 2 bedroom I would have asked for a lockoff when making the reservation thru DVC but we wanted the 2 queen size beds and didn't get them....so I ask the question has anyone else experienced this at the BCV's and if so what was your outcome?...
ice cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

There are a number of dedicated 2 BRs at BCV with the set up you describe.
You can see a resort map showing the rooms that have 2 Qs in them here:
(the Floor Plans link shows the notation 2Q in the room)
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

There is no "outcome" to be had - they are a request, not guaranteed AFAIK (or at least the 2 queens has to be requested when booking with DVC to get it - it might be a DVC booking category that is guaranteed for DVC members on points when requested). Normally, only members booking on points get those rooms - not sure if that pertains to you or not. In any case, booking a dedicated 2BR at BCV does not guarantee 2 queens like other resorts.

It was a design flaw of some kind when they designed the building and those rooms do not have sufficient floor space for 2 Qs (or so they say). I've been in a dedicated 2BR with the 1Q/sofabed before.

PS - you can tell very easily if you have a lock off or not - the 2nd BR in a dedicated 2 BR does not have the kitchen set up like a studio does, a lockoff has the kitchenette in the 2nd BR).
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV

Last edited by vicki_c; 09-06-2012 at 08:12 PM.
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice cube View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone else on here came across this situation at the Beach Club Villas. We went down to WDW at the end of August. We checked in and went to our room. Our reservation was for a "dedicated" 2 bedroom unit. Now as I understand it a "dedicated" means that you will have 2 queen size beds in the second bedroom. We have done a "dedicated" 2 bedroom unit at the BCV's before and also at the BWV,VWL and AKV so we are no strangers to the "dedicated 2 bedroom unit or for the sake of the discussion a "lockoff" 2 bedroom unit. Well when we walked in our room #541 it had 1 queen size bed and a sofabed. I thought they made a mistake and gave me a "lockoff" so I went down to the front desk. I told the cm at the front desk I think they made a mistake as there is only one queen size bed. Long story short the cm got on the phone with someone from the infamous backroom and the answer was there are a couple of "dedicated" 2 bedrooms in the BCV's that are set up like that. Of course I had to get one of them and there was no other "dedicated" 2 bedroom available at the time of check in or for the rest of the day so that has to be the room we had to take. Now if I didn't want a "dedicated" 2 bedroom I would have asked for a lockoff when making the reservation thru DVC but we wanted the 2 queen size beds and didn't get them....so I ask the question has anyone else experienced this at the BCV's and if so what was your outcome?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
There are a number of dedicated 2 BRs at BCV with the set up you describe.
You can see a resort map showing the rooms that have 2 Qs in them here:
(the Floor Plans link shows the notation 2Q in the room)
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

There is no "outcome" to be had - they are a request, not guaranteed AFAIK (or at least the 2 queens has to be requested when booking with DVC to get it - it might be a DVC booking category that is guaranteed for DVC members on points when requested). Normally, only members booking on points get those rooms - not sure if that pertains to you or not.

It was a design flaw of some kind when they designed the building and those rooms do not have sufficient floor space for 2 Qs (or so they say). I've been in a dedicated 2BR with the 1Q/sofabed before.

PS - you can tell very easily if you have a lock off or not - the 2nd BR in a dedicated 2 BR does not have the kitchen set up like a studio does, a lockoff has the kitchenette in the 2nd BR).

It's not a request, it's a booked category. BCV has 3 types of 2 bedrooms:

Lockoff (studio w/queen & sofabed)
Dedicated (2nd bedroom w/queen & sofabed)
Dedicated w/2 queens in 2nd bedroom

AFAIK, the dedicated w/2 queens is only available for points reservations. I believe there are only 25 of them out of 78 dedicated 2 bedrooms.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
It's not a request, it's a booked category. BCV has 3 types of 2 bedrooms:

Lockoff (studio w/queen & sofabed)
Dedicated (2nd bedroom w/queen & sofabed)
Dedicated w/2 queens in 2nd bedroom

AFAIK, the dedicated w/2 queens is only available for points reservations.
Thanks Debbie - that was the one piece I couldn't remember.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
ice cube
Mouseketeer

Thanks Vicki and Debbie for the information as I just didn't understand why it would have been different from the last time we had a 2 bedroom.
ice cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Should have read all the replies, Debbie covered it.

Last edited by Sammie; 09-06-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

There are only 25 dedicated two bedroom villas with two queen beds in the second bedroom. The rest have the set up like you had in your villa. These go quickly at 11 months out.

They are not available for cash.

Your reservation would have noted dedicated two bedroom villa with two queen beds. If it just said dedicated two bedroom villa, you got what you reserved.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice cube View Post
Just as an FYI for anyone else reading this thread. There are no dedicated 2-bedroom villas at BWV, they are all lockoffs.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post

An even quicker way to tell the difference...dedicated 2 BRs no matter the bed configuration have a single door from the hallway into the villa.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: