Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #16
couturelover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink Fans View Post
hey thanks - great trip report. We are leaving next Friday ~ staying at HRH also and eating at many of the same restaurants so glad to hear you had delicious meals! Hopefully, I will do a quick trip report upon my return!!!!! We have not been back since 1999 and I just saw un updated park list that Universal is open until 8:30...guessing for that new show at night???? Hours I have printed lists 6 pm closing i think.

good tip on signing tickets -- have them tucked away safe and sound so I'll get on that.

My only questions regarding the rides and I was just going to post on boards but maybe someone can answer it here. I'm used to carrying small bag around in Disney but have been reading about no bags on certain rides and know about the lockers (which some have said are inconvenient). Are there other lockers for longer time period where you can stash cameras, water bottles, extra junk i carry around. I am so used to having "stuff" with me but we will all be riding and I just can't picture having nothing. Makes sense??? I guess my daughter can also takes pics with iphone too.

I am not too sure how long the Universal Spectacular show runs. I'd recommend calling either the HRH or USO. We had not been since 2006, so many things were new for us as well! My sister and I both used small crossbody bags and honestly, the use of lockers was NO HASSLE! I can't stress it enough. You can rent the lockers for a longer period of time, but the price is dependent on the time you plan on using it. I'd recommend going with the free ones. Since you are on-site and will be using Express, you won't have to wait long at all and will be able to go in and out to access them. IIRC, the only ride that had the lockers "in" the line was Forbidden Journey. The others were at outside areas. I am relatively certain that you can rent lockers from any bay (outside of any ride) as you wish. One neat fact about Forbidden Journey is that the seat, before you sit in it, has a little drawer that pops out! You could stash an iPhone in there I was able to get some neat pictures of the inside , however I did stick mine in my pocket and had no trouble.

Hope that helps! I personally think the crowds will be even less when you attend, they were VERY low when we visited!
"May the odds be EVER in your favor"
Keeping the Phillies PHAITH.. Here's to 2013!
couturelover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: