Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #121
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
That may not have been from checking in online. Last fall we did not check in online, but were snagged by a CM when getting off the ME bus and were told we had to check in in the GCH because there were too busy over in Hawaii. Disappointing for our first CL stay!
We never do online check in and when we stayed GF RPC in May 2011, a CM checked us in in the lobby.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #122
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob
Ok guys, help me out here a bit. Tomorrow is my online check-in, is it worth doing when you're staying Club Level?
I did online check in and for CL it was basically to have our CC# on file. Nothing much changed from there. We still went to Hawaii and all I has to do was show ID and we went from there.

For CL it does not hurt to online check in and no you do not have to check in at the GCH (unless you have a situation like Maiapapaya)

When doing online check in for CL the options they have to heck off is Hawaii and then patio or balcony so I would just chose one of those because obviously Hawaii is a given, unless you are lucky enough for an upgrade to Tonga
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #123
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

We did online check-in and we had to check-in in the GCH, but it was because Hawaii was swamped when we arrived. We kind of half checked-in in the GCH and half in Hawaii. It was weird.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #124
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Subscribing to the new thread of tropical awesomeness!
We'll be at the Polynesian in January for the Marathon Weekend.

The Polynesian is our favorite resort~ we were in WDW this summer and camped at FW. We went to dinner at Narcoossee's and while we were on the monorail, my DD10 locked her arms around me at the Poly stop. I asked her why she did that, and she said "Because I know you'll try to get off here..."

I hope everyone with upcoming trips has an amazing time!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #125
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I did online check in and for CL it was basically to have our CC# on file. Nothing much changed from there. We still went to Hawaii and all I has to do was show ID and we went from there.

For CL it does not hurt to online check in and no you do not have to check in at the GCH (unless you have a situation like Maiapapaya)

When doing online check in for CL the options they have to heck off is Hawaii and then patio or balcony so I would just chose one of those because obviously Hawaii is a given, unless you are lucky enough for an upgrade to Tonga
Oddly enough, I don't think I'd want an upgrade to Tonga. In my ever so humble opinion, I think that Tonga is seriously lacking in the view department. I think the theme park and lagoon views from Hawaii may just be the best views on Disney property, and are a good part of the reason that I pay for CL.

I'm still wishy-washy over the whole online check in thing... I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't know why. I just like doing what I know I guess. That, and I'm not hearing any overly convincing arguments for it either.

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!! 2014 - Christmas at the Polynesian!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #126
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

10 DAYS! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Yeah...that's all I have to contribute at the moment.

October 1998 - First Visit
September 2008 - Honeymoon, Polynesian
September 2009, 2010, 2012 - Anniversary, Polynesian
December 2012 & 2014 - at the Polynesian
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #127
dtripli
DIS Veteran

Suggestions Please

Hi Everyone

We are booked at the Poly in October. It will be our third time staying here. The first two times I requested and received Raratonga. I loved its proximity to the main house and quiet pool.

This trip Im wanting to try something different. I would still like to be close to main house, but I've seen some pictures of main floor room patios that look really cool. They seem to have there own almost "backyard space"....you know open space where our 4 year old son can run and play while we sip coffee! hee hee

Can anyone suggest a building, specific room or location that would suit us. Im looking forward to your responses as Im doing my countdown and would like to put our request in.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #128
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Actually, I DO have something to say. A question, really, based on a discussion Guitarob and I had earlier today.

Do you take time to just relax when on vacation at WDW? Hanging out at the pool is one thing (and we do it every day) - but if I'm super tired, I feel like taking time to do nothing but relax and not spend time at a park is wasting time AND money, frankly.

Rob on the other hand feels that we're paying mostly for the resort anyway, and the level of comfort and service we receive there, so even if we were to spend an entire day just relaxing there it would be time well spent.

What say you, fellow Poly lovers?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #129
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
10 DAYS! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Yeah...that's all I have to contribute at the moment.
I Second that Emotion!

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!! 2014 - Christmas at the Polynesian!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #130
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtripli View Post
Hi Everyone

We are booked at the Poly in October. It will be our third time staying here. The first two times I requested and received Raratonga. I loved its proximity to the main house and quiet pool.

This trip Im wanting to try something different. I would still like to be close to main house, but I've seen some pictures of main floor room patios that look really cool. They seem to have there own almost "backyard space"....you know open space where our 4 year old son can run and play while we sip coffee! hee hee

Can anyone suggest a building, specific room or location that would suit us. Im looking forward to your responses as Im doing my countdown and would like to put our request in.
Samoa has a great little area around the ground floor patios on the pool side. It is separated from the pool area by a path and some garden space as well. Samoa is also convenient to everything. I have a picture of that side of the building here somewhere; I'll edit it in when I find it, gimme a few...

...ahh, here we go:

The volcano pool is to the left in that shot.

Last edited by guitarob; 09-07-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #131
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I DO have something to say. A question, really, based on a discussion Guitarob and I had earlier today.

Do you take time to just relax when on vacation at WDW? Hanging out at the pool is one thing (and we do it every day) - but if I'm super tired, I feel like taking time to do nothing but relax and not spend time at a park is wasting time AND money, frankly.

Rob on the other hand feels that we're paying mostly for the resort anyway, and the level of comfort and service we receive there, so even if we were to spend an entire day just relaxing there it would be time well spent.

I completely understand your dilemma. For people that this is a once in a lifetime trip I would say get everything in that you can. For people who go back yearly or more often I say take time to relax. We have come to the point where we actually enjoy our park time more after we have relaxed either for an afternoon or a day. My husband says that our trips to WDW actually feel like a vacation now. Early on he always felt like he needed a vacation after our vacation.

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #132
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
I completely understand your dilemma. For people that this is a once in a lifetime trip I would say get everything in that you can. For people who go back yearly or more often I say take time to relax. We have come to the point where we actually enjoy our park time more after we have relaxed either for an afternoon or a day. My husband says that our trips to WDW actually feel like a vacation now. Early on he always felt like he needed a vacation after our vacation.
I could totally go both ways. But, I do tend to lean toward the hyper side of things .

We usually tour in the AM. I start around 5 (see above) and MrsB joins for breakfast time. We head back from the park to the Poly after lunchtime, have a drink at the pool and swim for a bit, shower, head to dinner, then tour the parks a little more before/after the PM show of choice for the evening.

It's not hyper touring, but it's pretty fast paced. We've slowed our roll considerably on the last couple of trips.

We don't go yearly, but it's not once in a lifetime either. We've definitely seen most things. We may not be back for a few years after this (or, we might, who knows? ). This was a quick "budget" (yeah, say that with a straight face... ) trip to say good-bye to the current Polynesian before they start digging around and changing things (as rumored).

Old 09-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #133
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have to agree with Rob and haleofafamily. Ever since we've started slowing our trips down a bit we really enjoy them more. Definitely feels more like a vacation. If was going to be in the parks from open to close then I would stay at a value. I definitely don't feel like time not spent in the parks is wasted. Some of our most cherished memories have been at the resorts. Our best vacation ever was our Poly trip and the time spent there!!

Now don't get me wrong, we love the parks too! We just don't need to be in them all day everyday.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #134
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
I could totally go both ways. But, I do tend to lean toward the hyper side of things .

We usually tour in the AM. I start around 5 (see above) and MrsB joins for breakfast time. We head back from the park to the Poly after lunchtime, have a drink at the pool and swim for a bit, shower, head to dinner, then tour the parks a little more before/after the PM show of choice for the evening.

It's not hyper touring, but it's pretty fast paced. We've slowed our roll considerably on the last couple of trips.

We don't go yearly, but it's not once in a lifetime either. We've definitely seen most things. We may not be back for a few years after this (or, we might, who knows? ). This was a quick "budget" (yeah, say that with a straight face... ) trip to say good-bye to the current Polynesian before they start digging around and changing things (as rumored).
And yet you managed to say "a drink" with a straight face...?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #135
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We've been staying at the Poly for 20 years. When the kids were young we did the non-stop park hopping, but now that they are adults and we visit without them, we love just relaxing at the Poly. A quick trip to a park for lunch or dinner (no rides) is fine and lets us enjoy the parks more the next day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: