Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
gamberlane
Earning My Ears

Grand Floridian Resort Construction

I recently found out that the Grand Floridian is under construction as they are building another vacation club building between the resort and the wedding pavilion.

Has anyone had a wedding in the WP in the last few months been affected by this? Since my wedding in mid-afternoon on a weekday I am concerned there will be construction noise disrupting our ceremony.

I suppose either way there's not much I can do about it! Looks like the construction won't be done until the end of 2013.
gamberlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
tric8783
DIS Veteran

I wasn't married at the WP and haven't been to it since the construction really started, but just from reading in our FB group, I'm pretty sure all of the brides say no. They don't hear a thing and don't notice the construction that day. None of their guests mention it either. I don't think you have anything to worry about!
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I've seen it. I've gone by it both in the middle of the day and in the evening. The green wall they have erected isn't exactly the height of fashion, but it could be a lot worse. I never noticed any noise.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

I am getting married in November. Before I even signed the contract, Disney alerted me about the construction and answered all my questions beautifully. They will still take our pictures outside with the castle in the background, the photographer knows how to get the right angles so that you don't see any of that stuff. And if a tiny piece of crane gets in a picture, they will photoshop it right out.

In terms of the noise during your ceremony... first of all, the pavilion is actually surprisingly soundproof and very quiet. You walk around in there and you barely hear anything going on outside. Second of all, I was informed that the Disney wedding planners send out their schedule to the construction company every two weeks so that they can work around us... kind of like, "Ok, on Friday we have 5 weddings, so please no jackhammering that day, but on Thursday we only have one wedding, and it's at 5:00, so feel free to do louder stuff during the day on Thursday." And the construction company has been working with them to do that.

I have no worries about the construction during my wedding. I'm actually very impressed with how they've handled it. :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: