Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

What other costs are there?

I'm trying to work out a budget, but I'm unsure of all the extra things there are. I don't mean stuff listed on DCL site like tips, Palo, alchohol, etc.

Stuff like Bingo or the arcade. How much does that stuff run and what else is there?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The stuff you are mentioning is all optional. Frankly, the arcade and bingo are very pricey compared to similar activities on land. If your child goes to the arcade during a time when the tweens (or teens) have "Invade the Arcade," all machines are set to free play for that hour. They are free even for kids who aren't in that age group. OK, I don't go on a cruise to play arcade games and have never spent a penny on those machines. How it works--you purchase a $10 arcade card, charged to your KTTW card. ANYONE can play that arcade card. When the $10 is gone, it can be reloaded in $5 increments. The nice thing is that mom can buy/load the card from her KTTW and give the arcade card to a child who doesn't have charging on his KTTW. In that way, you prevent the child from over-spending.

Bingo really adds up fast too--but this is again, not anything you HAVE to do Bingo, some would rather hang out in the spa, You can go to "tastings" for about $15 each, fitness classes ($12 each), body sculpt training (over $100), get your hair done, etc. You could easily spend thousands on the ship, or you can spend virtually nothing other than the cruise ticket + tips. I've done it a bit of both ways, and there really isn't a lot of difference! It is just a matter of choices.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I'm trying to work out a budget, but I'm unsure of all the extra things there are. I don't mean stuff listed on DCL site like tips, Palo, alchohol, etc.

Stuff like Bingo or the arcade. How much does that stuff run and what else is there?
Bingo starts at $55 a session. The arcade is like any other, it cost as much as you are willing to spend.
Other than what you mention, the cafe has specialty coffees for a charge, there are packaged snacks like popcorn and candy, alcohol tastings, photos. Not sure what else.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
GromMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Bingo starts at $55 a session. The arcade is like any other, it cost as much as you are willing to spend.
Other than what you mention, the cafe has specialty coffees for a charge, there are packaged snacks like popcorn and candy, alcohol tastings, photos. Not sure what else.
Wow that is some seriously expensive bingo! I haven't played in forever, but I was thinking it would be $5-$10 per card...what does $55 get you? More than one card? Multiple games?
Thanks!
GromMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Bingo is $55??? That's a lot. Guess we won't be playing
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
tajz90
Mama D

They charge a lot but the pots are large. So it's not like you're paying $55 to win a $50 pot unless several people bingo with you. It's cheaper to play the cards than the machine, but the combo of both is the biggest not sure of the price even though I have played.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #7
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

On the Fantasy they had "family packs" for Bingo where you got 3 actual cards and 2 of the machines which were pre-loaded with a LOT of cards. My daughter won $300 in one game. They usually have specials if you play more than once or if you play in the morning, you can pre-buy the next session at a lower price. It was really fun! My kids always sing B eleven BB eleven....LOL

We looked in the arcade but my kids never asked to play in the arcade - I think it's your basic prices but it's small so I can't imagine anyone spending too much time in there!

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: