Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #931
aikidoky2
Earning My Ears

email sent to Jordicia. Will await contact with Annie78.
aikidoky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #932
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

lily & Ginnysmom and offtoseemickey

PLEASE check your PM's ASAP. Jess B320 leaves on 9/11 and needs to share contact information.

Chelley00 you may be on deck for the bin next if we don't get communication from offtoseemickey.

Thanks everyone!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #933
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I picked up Bin 1 yesterday (a few days later than planned.) I have the contact info for the person after me.

One tip...if you are so kind as to put dryer sheets in the bin, please have them wrapped in a few plastic bag. This bin had the open dryer sheets box loose in the bin and now the entire contents smell strongly of dryer sheets. The one thing we really needed...coffee filters...needed to be thrown out because they had absorbed so much scent.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #934
Peggy5555
Earning My Ears

My family of 8 will be arriving on Oct 6th, checking out Oct 13th. Is there a bin available?
Peggy5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #935
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Just wondering if twoMisfits got Bin #2 since there was a time it was left in storage between guests. Maybe she will check on here and post that she got it Fingers crossed
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #936
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post
I picked up Bin 1 yesterday (a few days later than planned.) I have the contact info for the person after me.

One tip...if you are so kind as to put dryer sheets in the bin, please have them wrapped in a few plastic bag. This bin had the open dryer sheets box loose in the bin and now the entire contents smell strongly of dryer sheets. The one thing we really needed...coffee filters...needed to be thrown out because they had absorbed so much scent.
Hi,

I agree with scented items contaminating the bins. I'm curious about something. Disneyforus and I tried something in April. When I was there, I had two laminated instruction sheets taped to the lids inside of each box. One of things we asked was to be careful of scented items and not to leave any open food in bins. Was there a sign in your box? thanks.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #937
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Hi,

I agree with scented items contaminating the bins. I'm curious about something. Disneyforus and I tried something in April. When I was there, I had two laminated instruction sheets taped to the lids inside of each box. One of things we asked was to be careful of scented items and not to leave any open food in bins. Was there a sign in your box? thanks.
There wasn't a sign in Bin #2.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #938
katallo
DIS Veteran

Thanks for letting me know. Wow, I used packing tape and put them on both lids (inside). We thought it would help with what not to leave or how to return the bins. Guess that idea didn't work.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #939
encinc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. Wow, I used packing tape and put them on both lids (inside). We thought it would help with what not to leave or how to return the bins. Guess that idea didn't work.
I think it's a great idea. I can't wait to get bin 2 in December! Only 3 months to go!
encinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #940
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

Quote:
Is bin #2 new since you left the instructions? If you remember the instructions and send them to me, I would be happy to replace them for #2. I am not there until November though. I am new to the bin thing, so not sure what instructions are helpful.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #941
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I re-started Bin #1 I failed to put in any instructions. My bad!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #942
sherabby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Goofy's View Post
Is bin #2 new since you left the instructions? If you remember the instructions and send them to me, I would be happy to replace them for #2. I am not there until November though. I am new to the bin thing, so not sure what instructions are helpful.
There were no instructions in bin 2 when we took it Aug 12th. There were dryer sheets and laundry soap though in a separate bag when we dropped it off at the bell desk.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #943
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

Whew...a whirlwind week so far - just on computer for a moment, but I did get Bin 2...the AAA parking pass has been awesome! Some things didn't make the storage time well (the nightlight burnt out after 30 minutes, so it probably got jostled alot in storage, as did a few other things), but just having the bin has been great! The kids called it like Christmas when they opened it!

Kristy
TwoMisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #944
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

No instruction sign in Bin 2 - but I'll use ziplocs (or toss) anything I think might contaminate other things when I put it back - thanks for the reminder!
TwoMisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #945
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMisfits View Post
Whew...a whirlwind week so far - just on computer for a moment, but I did get Bin 2...the AAA parking pass has been awesome! Some things didn't make the storage time well (the nightlight burnt out after 30 minutes, so it probably got jostled alot in storage, as did a few other things), but just having the bin has been great! The kids called it like Christmas when they opened it!

Kristy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMisfits View Post
No instruction sign in Bin 2 - but I'll use ziplocs (or toss) anything I think might contaminate other things when I put it back - thanks for the reminder!
So glad to hear you got the bin with no problems!!!
Thanks for posting
Glad to hear that parking pass has been great. I am looking forward to using that since my knee and foot have been giving me a fit lately. That shorter walk to the car will be great
How do you like your BC room? What tower are you in?
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote