Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #241
cassi8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
I'm trapped in reading the wheelchair on bus debate...its like a train wreak..horrible to see but i cant stop watching
only one thing for it...
cassi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #242
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassi8 View Post
only one thing for it...
yep.......just preparing myself for the mentality of people on buses at WDW...thats why we hire a car..dont then have to deal with all the BS about peoples rights.....but still fun to watch
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #243
cassi8
Earning My Ears

Thats an issue no matter where you travel though!
cassi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #244
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDisneyOE View Post
Why go there? You know you are just on a hiding to nowhere!

A scheduled Air NZ plane just wobbled (and I do mean wobbled) over the house.

Back-up plan... DH reckons they'll bus us down to Wellington to fly via jet up to Auckland, this is unconfirmed. DH also discovered he has no travel insurance and we know he's a walking liability. I rang him this morning at 7AM (fair as I'd been up since 3AM with the wind hitting the house) and could tell he was hungover, he kept claiming he'd been hypnotised by the Hypnotist they'd hired at work. I give up.

My back-up back-up is that the dog looked like she was rapt to go to her boarding kennel, may just join her as we seem to have been dusted by the Bad JuJu Fairy at the moment.

I hope you have a fantastic trip BigDisneyOE. Can't wait to hear all about it
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #245
meandmygirl
Mouseketeer

Hope you are well on your way BigDisneyOE.

DD has hurt her arm at school today, currently lying on the couch dosed with Panadol and an ice pack. Claims it hurts to move her arm. Praying she has only jarred it and that it is not broken.

It must be sore because we were meant to be going to the movies after school but she just wanted to come home.

meandmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #246
battymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren
I'm trapped in reading the wheelchair on bus debate...its like a train wreak..horrible to see but i cant stop watching
Link please! I spent a good portion of my workday reading a thread titled "does your dog sleep in your bed"
OMG - I know people do it, but I think of my jack russell and all the hair he leaves on my back deck, just gross, he is not even allowed in the house!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #247
AussieJess
Earning My Ears

This time next week i will be at Melbourne airport , I really wish that i could be more excited and less stressed but i think once im on the plane next week my excitement will return. I think this week is going to be a very long week.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #248
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJess View Post
This time next week i will be at Melbourne airport , I really wish that i could be more excited and less stressed but i think once im on the plane next week my excitement will return. I think this week is going to be a very long week.
I really sympathise Jess,

I find the last week pretty stressy too - all the things that need to be done at home and work before you go, keeping track of all the things that you need to NOT forget to pack etc.

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #249
meandmygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
DD has hurt her arm at school today, currently lying on the couch dosed with Panadol and an ice pack. Claims it hurts to move her arm. Praying she has only jarred it and that it is not broken.
Morning spent at Dr and hospital - fractured elbow and wrist. Plaster from shoulder to hand. Still able to go at this stage but not getting excited until we see another Dr next week.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #250
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmygirl View Post
Morning spent at Dr and hospital - fractured elbow and wrist. Plaster from shoulder to hand. Still able to go at this stage but not getting excited until we see another Dr next week.
Oh no! That sucks how did it happen? Must have hit hard to fracture both of them.

The one upside I can see is that your DD will be able to get Disney characters to sign her cast
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #251
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Oh no!!!

I really hope you get the all clear for her to travel - is she still in much pain?? Poor kid.

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #252
meandmygirl
Mouseketeer

She fell off some play equipment at school. No pain although I am keeping up the nurofen/panadol every 4hrs.

Quote:
I really hope you get the all clear for her to travel
The Dr said they would give us all the necessary paperwork required for the airline. Only hope they don't change their mind when we go back to get the next cast on Wed/Thur.

I haven't had a cigarette in over 7 years but could've quite easily had one earlier today

Old 09-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #253
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
She fell off some play equipment at school. No pain although I am keeping up the nurofen/panadol every 4hrs.

The Dr said they would give us all the necessary paperwork required for the airline. Only hope they don't change their mind when we go back to get the next cast on Wed/Thur.

I haven't had a cigarette in over 7 years but could've quite easily had one earlier today
that is nuts...so sorry it had to happen now.....hoping it all works out..geeze, what can you say
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:33 AM   #254
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Poor little thing! I hope the Doc gives the all clear for travel, and that she gets lots of extra attention from the CMs and Characters.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #255
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:

Poor little thing.

Hope you get the all clear...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: