Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #661
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagley View Post
I am about the same size as you, but I wear an XL shirt. I was able to ride in the regular seats. It was a little bit snug, but not uncomfortable.

My friend that was with me is 5'10", about 300 pounds and wears a size 20 in pants. She fit just fine in the modified seats. She could get all 3 clicks on her own, but she said that she felt kind of loose in the harness. The next time we rode, I pushed down on her harness before I got in my seat so she was held a little more snug. A TM saw me help her, came to her seat, released the harness and said to her "now do it again YOURSELF". She could easily get all 3 clicks herself, she just wanted it pushed in a little more to hold her tighter. I thought that was odd that she was already secured in her seat, but the TM released the harness and made her pull it down again by herself . Luckily it wasn't a case where she couldn't get all the clicks on her own, or I would have been furious if she would have had to get off the ride after she had already been secured in the seat .
I wonder why the TM did that? What is the difference if you click it yourself or someone else does? Glad she could ride without issue!

Not sure my husband is going to be able to ride he is a big guy, tall, and barrel chested. We'll see in 3 weeks!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #662
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
I wonder why the TM did that? What is the difference if you click it yourself or someone else does? Glad she could ride without issue!

Not sure my husband is going to be able to ride he is a big guy, tall, and barrel chested. We'll see in 3 weeks!
Rider requirements are that you have at least one appendage that can hold onto the restraint if necessary. The ride attendant probably thought that the guest was not able to pull on the retraint and that is why the friend pulled it down for her. My guess is that the attendant was just making sure that the guest was able to pull the restraint down themselves.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #663
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
Rider requirements are that you have at least one appendage that can hold onto the restraint if necessary. The ride attendant probably thought that the guest was not able to pull on the retraint and that is why the friend pulled it down for her. My guess is that the attendant was just making sure that the guest was able to pull the restraint down themselves.
That makes sense - thanks. So if I try and click my husband in that's a no no?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #664
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

You should be fine helping your husband. Many people help their kids also. As long as the team member can tell that your husband has full use of at least one arm, they most likely won't say anything.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #665
Disneydragonfly
Earning My Ears

I was really worried about fitting on the ride. But I was there this past Sunday and I was able to ride. I am 298 lbs and I'm 5'10". I got two clicks on my own and the worker pushed for the third. So I would definitely try, even if you have doubts that you will fit.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #666
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
You should be fine helping your husband. Many people help their kids also. As long as the team member can tell that your husband has full use of at least one arm, they most likely won't say anything.
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #667
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

My DH is 6'4" and now 300+ and he did not fit in FJ.
I wish we knew about the tour, he could have done that.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #668
mom31
Earning My Ears

I went and fit no problem. I'm 5'4" about 250 lbs. 44DD, mostly a size 22. Plus I was wearing jeans and had a big wallet in one front pocket and a camera in the other making me even wider than I already am. I got 2 clicks but thought I heard 3 so didn't try for the last one but the CM was like whoops one more and pushed lightly for the 3rd.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #669
jenners351
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom31
I went and fit no problem. I'm 5'4" about 250 lbs. 44DD, mostly a size 22. Plus I was wearing jeans and had a big wallet in one front pocket and a camera in the other making me even wider than I already am. I got 2 clicks but thought I heard 3 so didn't try for the last one but the CM was like whoops one more and pushed lightly for the 3rd.
Thank you, that helps me a lot I would have been upset if I didn't fit too. I can still squeeze into the airplane so I wasn't thinking about much else...other than the amount of walking I should have been training for
jenners351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #670
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

I have read where the end seats of the ride (four seats in a row right?) are larger than the others. Does that mean that both of the seats on the ends of each group of four are larger than the middle ones?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #671
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
I have read where the end seats of the ride (four seats in a row right?) are larger than the others. Does that mean that both of the seats on the ends of each group of four are larger than the middle ones?
The actual seats aren't larger. The restraints have been modified to get the necessary number of clicks without being pushed in as far, but yes it is the outside two on each row.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #672
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Thanks Damo!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #673
Nasscar159
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55
The seats are the same as the ones in the middle. The difference is in the harness. The farthest left and farthest right seat are the modified harness seat and even small kids can sit in the end seats
Nasscar159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #674
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

This gives me more motivation to drop 40 lbs before we go in September. I will NOT be turned away!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #675
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post
This gives me more motivation to drop 40 lbs before we go in September. I will NOT be turned away!!!!!

damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: