DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #2191
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Random question: how early does the bike rental place at SSR open?

My brother & his GF will be using some of my points for a quick trip in Nov and they like to walk / run / bike together in the AM. I am thinking they will like SSR and was wondering how early they could rent bikes. I am thinking they will like the walk to DTD too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #2192
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Random question: how early does the bike rental place at SSR open?

My brother & his GF will be using some of my points for a quick trip in Nov and they like to walk / run / bike together in the AM. I am thinking they will like SSR and was wondering how early they could rent bikes. I am thinking they will like the walk to DTD too.

The Disney web site doesn't list hours for Horsing Around Rentals, but it does list the hours of the Community Hall as 9 am - 10 pm. It's the same cast members that run both operations.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #2193
Gymbomom
The best seat in the "house" for Illuminations is outdoor seating at the Rose and Crown!!
Next time tag me with something I said
Okay - Congrats

When trying to request the Congress Park - DD view, what would you ask for?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #2194
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

OMG, I think I killed this thread with my FAQ. No one's been posting questions lately.

"I done a bad thing, George."
Old 09-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #2195
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
OMG, I think I killed this thread with my FAQ. No one's been posting questions lately.

I'd like a river view THV, which one should I request?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #2196
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is SSR as big as everyone says it is?

ETA, you just gotta make it a chatty thread, where folks can pop in to ask questions..... kinda like the Y&BC thread over on the resorts board. The thread is a little, how to say, businesslike, maybe?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #2197
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

I still think you did well with that post. And, I was complicit in adding it to page 1. I'd like to be able to answer questions on how good the food is at Turf Club instead of just which part would you stay.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #2198
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

I still think you did well with that post. And, I was complicit in adding it to page 1. I'd like to be able to answer questions on how good the food is at Turf Club instead of just which part would you stay.
In May, I had 2 really good dinners at the Turf Club. I think I had the lamb chops & pork chops (2 different nights) and both were very good. I thought it was great that we weren't shut out as both were same day decisions, just decided we did not want to venture off the resort for dinner elsewhere. Now, we also had my MIL with us, who could have a bad meal in a 4 star restaurant. The first time I think she ordered a salad, that was primarily a spinach salad, when she 'thinks' she is allergic to spinach (not sure that I believe her.). The next time she ordered the surf & turf burger sans surf (shellfish allergy) MEDIUM RARE -- and then was freaky about the interior of her burger being pink! I just shake my head. I can't help her. My only complaint had to do with being on the DxDP the apps filled us up we wasted a lot of (very good) entree, wished I could have eaten more. But, as an aside I think now that we are DVC members it is TIW from here on out, so that should no longer be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #2199
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
In May, I had 2 really good dinners at the Turf Club. I think I had the lamb chops & pork chops (2 different nights) and both were very good. I thought it was great that we weren't shut out as both were same day decisions, just decided we did not want to venture off the resort for dinner elsewhere. Now, we also had my MIL with us, who could have a bad meal in a 4 star restaurant. The first time I think she ordered a salad, that was primarily a spinach salad, when she 'thinks' she is allergic to spinach (not sure that I believe her.). The next time she ordered the surf & turf burger sans surf (shellfish allergy) MEDIUM RARE -- and then was freaky about the interior of her burger being pink! I just shake my head. I can't help her. My only complaint had to do with being on the DxDP the apps filled us up we wasted a lot of (very good) entree, wished I could have eaten more. But, as an aside I think now that we are DVC members it is TIW from here on out, so that should no longer be a problem.

We tried the dxdp and it was way too much food. We usually split an app and then a main course. We save desserts for later - Mickey ice cream sandwich, dole whip, etc. I really like the prime rib there at Turf Club.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #2200
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

It's sad to see that the Turf Club is closing for lunch. This restaurant is a hidden gem that I guess remains a little to hidden for the mouse's bean counters. I do have to admit, though, that I wasn't a big fan of their lunch menu. I much prefer the dinner menu. I always struggle over whether I want the prime rib or the lamb chop. I pretty much know I'm always going to start with the tomato bisque, though. It's so good.

We'd probably eat at the Turf Club a lot more if it stayed open later at night. 9:00 is pretty early to close, especially during the summer when people are out at the parks until very late. Perhaps one of the benefits of doing away with the lunch service will be a longer dinner service. (Olivia's at OKW seats until 10. Even that seems too early to me, but there have been times when we've driven over there because we've just missed being able to be seated at Turf Club.)

A sit-down breakfast would also be nice option. Even with the opening of the Paddock Grill, Artist's Palette is still pretty darn crowded at breakfast. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any character breakfasts in the Downtown Disney area. The Turf Club would seem like a good fit for one. Let's see, what characters would work with the SSR theme?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #2201
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave
It's sad to see that the Turf Club is closing for lunch. This restaurant is a hidden gem that I guess remains a little to hidden for the mouse's bean counters. I do have to admit, though, that I wasn't a big fan of their lunch menu. I much prefer the dinner menu. I always struggle over whether I want the prime rib or the lamb chop. I pretty much know I'm always going to start with the tomato bisque, though. It's so good.

We'd probably eat at the Turf Club a lot more if it stayed open later at night. 9:00 is pretty early to close, especially during the summer when people are out at the parks until very late. Perhaps one of the benefits of doing away with the lunch service will be a longer dinner service. (Olivia's at OKW seats until 10. Even that seems too early to me, but there have been times when we've driven over there because we've just missed being able to be seated at Turf Club.)

A sit-down breakfast would also be nice option. Even with the opening of the Paddock Grill, Artist's Palette is still pretty darn crowded at breakfast. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any character breakfasts in the Downtown Disney area. The Turf Club would seem like a good fit for one. Let's see, what characters would work with the SSR theme?
A later dinner would be good. And I agree add a character breakfast at the Turf Club. When I was there it looked like they had sort of adopted Bullseye (Woody's horse) as their mascot, which makes some sense, I suppose. I propose Bullseye's Breakfast at the Turf Club! He can even invite some friends along like Woody & Jessie even Buzz. Kids would flock there in droves. They'd sell a ton of the corresponding toys at Artist's Palette. The only snag in my grand plan is that Bullseye isn't a M&G character as fas as I know. So they would need to fix that, which I admit could be tricky, but not insurmountable.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #2202
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

I love the Bullseye breakfast idea! We had a fabulous dinner at Turf Club last month...the best prime rib we ever had! Max was our waiter and he was very personable...even interacted well with the kids! I was also impressed when the chef came out to talk about dinner options with the table next to us to ease allergy concerns. We look forward to making this a must do meal each visit
Old 09-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #2203
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Breakfast sounds good. A sushi bar would be nice as well, but not sure how the theme would blend.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #2204
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

I hadn't thought about the Toy Story connection. That would be great! I kept getting hung up on the other horses in Disney movies (the ones they have portraits of around the front desk area).

There's not a M&G for him yet, but they do have the costume design...

Old 09-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #2205
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Also Toy Story is popular enough that a TS character meal at SSR would entice people (parents) to stay at SSR that otherwise would have never considered staying there.

Gotta think Disney would be happy with anything that makes selling their cash rooms easier.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: