Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
stacyw
Earning My Ears

Ideas for surprising my kids

Hi! I am going to Disney in December with 3 of my 4 kids. (ages 7, 5, and 3). We want to surprise them and give them hints along the way. We don't want it to be obvious. We want it to "click" when we drive on to the property. We have a 12 hour car ride, though and I thought about wrapping 12 gifts with hints for them to open every hour. I am thinking a Disney coloring book, a new Disney movie, etc. Any of you with any other creative ideas??

Thanks so much!!
stacyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyw View Post
Hi! I am going to Disney in December with 3 of my 4 kids. (ages 7, 5, and 3). We want to surprise them and give them hints along the way. We don't want it to be obvious. We want it to "click" when we drive on to the property. We have a 12 hour car ride, though and I thought about wrapping 12 gifts with hints for them to open every hour. I am thinking a Disney coloring book, a new Disney movie, etc. Any of you with any other creative ideas??

Thanks so much!!
I like the gift giving idea, but I wouldn't do 12 due to the fact that the kids will likely be sleeping at least some of the trip and timing will likely be affected if they aren't awake when its time to open another gift. How about just doing Disney themed items. For instance, you could bring Disney dvd's to watch during the car trip. You could prepare a few snacks with a Disney theme like Mickey Ear shaped Rice Krispie Treats. If leaving in the morning, you could prepare Mickey Ear shaped waffles for breakfast. Maybe you could put together little treat bags with Disney themed contents: Disney coloring books, Disney puzzles, Disney Gift Cards, Ear Hats, etc. Hope this helps.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
stacyw
Earning My Ears

I thought about that too..them napping (please, Lord!!!) some of the time.

Those are good, thanks!!!
stacyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

Go on YouTube and search "surprise Disney" and let your creative juices flow. Every kind of treasure hunt, surprise reveal, and wild screaming fest you can imagine. I watched for hours just to find my surprise reveal. Our first trip is in November. I am going to pick up DS (5) from school with a big Mickey balloon and his suitcase. I am going to rush up and tell him to hurry hurry we have to go to see Mickey! (His teacher will know ahead of time of course). I can't wait to see the excitement on his little face!

knottmel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: