Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
hulliechrisp
Mouseketeer

if you're looking for a "triple d" type place, i'd hit up Yellow Dog Eats! crazy good sandwiches...try the club elvis! one of my favortie lunch spots in orlando!

http://yellowdogeats.com/

Last edited by hulliechrisp; 08-02-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling
hulliechrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #17
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakFigment View Post
Local here-

4 Rivers is amazing. Yes the lines are long, but move quickly. Besides you'll need the time to decide what to have and what sides to choose with it. LOL They are NEVER open on Sundays. The food is served on cafeteria trays, no plates and you eat outside on community picnic tables on a covered porch.

Even though it looks like all the locations are similar distances, this is Orlando and things are very deceiving. My suggestion is the Winter Garden location. From 192 west of Disney hop on the 429 and take it to the Rt 535 exit, then go about 2 miles north. About 20-25 minutes. Very easy to find.

From 192 down by Celebration/Kissimmee take Rt 535 north all the way to Rt. 50 in Winter Garden. About 35-40 minutes.

Not much on the menu we don't love!!
I love hearing this from a local.....just what I was hoping for. It makes me even more sure that this is the place to go. Thanks for the directions. It is closer than I thought. We will definitely be eating here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulliechrisp View Post
if you're looking for a "triple d" type place, i'd hit up Yellow Dog Eats! crazy good sandwiches...try the club elvis! one of my favortie lunch spots in orlando!

http://yellowdogeats.com/
OMG I did not read this post and JUST posted this question on this board. Do you have any idea how long it would be to drive from say I-Drive? On the map it looks like it is even closer than Celebration.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
The one on Fairbanks. It just opened a few days ago.
Have you been to that one? I usually worry when a place opens because the staff is new and do not have their act together.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
hulliechrisp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
OMG I did not read this post and JUST posted this question on this board. Do you have any idea how long it would be to drive from say I-Drive? On the map it looks like it is even closer than Celebration.
i live just south of seaworld and it usually takes me about a half hour (sometimes less) to get there...worth the drive!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #21
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulliechrisp View Post
i live just south of seaworld and it usually takes me about a half hour (sometimes less) to get there...worth the drive!
Thanks I saw you replied to my post too! We will be staying at the Vista so that is near Sea World. I am just wondering how would you compare this to Babbalou's if you have been there? Also, I am most DEFINATELY going to this place. I am excited we go to WDW each year and are always looking for new restaurants in the area. Now I have two Yellow Dog and 4 Rivers>

BTW I looked at the website and the owner (who went to the CIA btw) looks like the guy who had a tv show ....you know the one that wrote "He's Just Not that Into You" which Oprah was pushing but I cannot remember his name. I think hs first name was GREG. Anyone know who I am talking about?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorman View Post
Bubbalou's is up by Universal, right? That looks like it has the type of food I am looking for and my DD11 loves cornbread which they do have.
Yes...it's located in the Kirkman Oaks Shopping Center. I've been there many times and never had a bad meal.

I'm going to 4 Rivers' new location in a couple of weeks with friends from work...but I might sneak out and try it before. It's only about 20 minutes from my house.

Quote:
Have you been to that one? I usually worry when a place opens because the staff is new and do not have their act together.
There are moving locations so it's not really a "new" place...I'm not sure how much of the staff will be new but I'm sure they'll have their act together.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #23
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Yes...it's located in the Kirkman Oaks Shopping Center. I've been there many times and never had a bad meal.

I'm going to 4 Rivers' new location in a couple of weeks with friends from work...but I might sneak out and try it before. It's only about 20 minutes from my house.

There are moving locations so it's not really a "new" place...I'm not sure how much of the staff will be new but I'm sure they'll have their act together.
YOU know, between the Yellow Dog Eats and the 4 Rivers I am going to need a food intervention when I am down there. I think I just might try all the 4 Rivers Locations. Well maybe not my DH would do it in a heart beat but he is supposed to be on a diet. LOL I know as for my self Crestor is a beautiful thing. It amazes me how i can cheat on my diet and my cholesterol keeps going down!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YOU know, between the Yellow Dog Eats and the 4 Rivers I am going to need a food intervention when I am down there. I think I just might try all the 4 Rivers Locations. Well maybe not my DH would do it in a heart beat but he is supposed to be on a diet. LOL I know as for my self Crestor is a beautiful thing. It amazes me how i can cheat on my diet and my cholesterol keeps going down!
Just read this one.....
Old 08-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #25
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Will check out 4 Rivers in September. The desserts look amazing! THANKS for the tip!!
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
Bella the Ball 360

went to 4
Rivers and it beats out all including Babbalou's. I got ribs, my dh got burnt ends and pulled pork and my son got pulled pork. the desserts were spectacular looking also...go to 4 RIVERS worth the wait
Old 08-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
went to 4
Rivers and it beats out all including Babbalou's. I got ribs, my dh got burnt ends and pulled pork and my son got pulled pork. the desserts were spectacular looking also...go to 4 RIVERS worth the wait
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it myself......we leave in just 3 days!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:19 AM   #28
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorman View Post
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it myself......we leave in just 3 days!
we went to the one on Fairbanks do not worry when you get off the highway it looks like the restaurant is gone but you need to head 2 blocks down the street and you will see it. I suggest you go at 1:30 to avoid the lunch line although it moved quite fast. We waited about 15 minutes in line. HOnestly the ribs were to die for. The meat fell off the bone. I got the half rack and ate only 3 gave one to DH and brought home 4 (which I ate cold two days later). Do not bother with the cornbread salad but the sweet potato casserole was delicious. The biscuits are good too hefty and huge. I have one more week here so I am going back.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #29
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we went to the one on Fairbanks do not worry when you get off the highway it looks like the restaurant is gone but you need to head 2 blocks down the street and you will see it. I suggest you go at 1:30 to avoid the lunch line although it moved quite fast. We waited about 15 minutes in line. HOnestly the ribs were to die for. The meat fell off the bone. I got the half rack and ate only 3 gave one to DH and brought home 4 (which I ate cold two days later). Do not bother with the cornbread salad but the sweet potato casserole was delicious. The biscuits are good too hefty and huge. I have one more week here so I am going back.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #30
Crank
Earning My Ears

4 Rivers has the best BBQ. Don't bother driving all the way out to Yellow Dog Eats. It's really not worth it. It's more of a "cafeteria" without all the charm.

I'm being kind...
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote