Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #1606
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,916

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post

Has anyone ever taken one of the fishing excursions from the YC marina? DH is thinking about booking one during our trip. 16 days to go!
No experience on Crescent Lake but years ago my DH and children twice did the fishing excursions on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. As YCFan said, the guides are really pros and lots of fun, too. The nice thing about taking one from the MK resorts is that you can enjoy both lakes....lots more area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8vthsfam View Post
Thanks katesdad; is that anywhere near the lounge too? Where is the lounge located on the 5th floor?
Yes, the lounge at the YC is very close to the main elevators. The concierge desks are right off the elevators and the lounge is just beyond. As katesdad advised, just request near the lounge.

NM and Disneymomx7, thinking of your mothers and you.
__________________
BCV23 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #1607
dandydad12
Mouseketeer
 
dandydad12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Took a quick look at the In Room Dining Menu I have posted on Page 1 (From all ears), didn't see anything there about the use of Dining Plan credits for any of the items.

Here is the description of the Family Breakfast, but no info on dining credits.

Family Style Breakfast - Serves 4 - Mickey Waffles, Pancakes, Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mixed fruit, orange juice and coffee or tea $54.99

The price was still $54.99 in August 2011.

.
Natebenma
If I remember correctly there is a in room dining menu in the room that not only has the current listings but also had the credits used for different orders as well as prices , I remember thinking that it was not to bad and it also had a listing for Pizza delivery to the room and the credits needed for that . Maybe if someone who is there now could check take a picture and post it , just an idea
__________________
DIXEY LANDINGS/1999 , DIXEY LANDINGS/2000 , POR/2001 , POR/2002 , POR/2003 , POR/2005 , POR/2006 , OKW/2007 , OKW/2008 , POR/2009 , POR/2010 , YBC/2011 , YBC/2012 , YBC/THV/2013 ,YBC 2013 , YBC2014

dandydad12 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #1608
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,916

Meant to say that we order the family breakfast using credits on the deluxe plan a few years back. I think it was 8 credits. I am positive it was not two.
__________________
BCV23 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #1609
Debbart
Hooked!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Meant to say that we order the family breakfast using credits on the deluxe plan a few years back. I think it was 8 credits. I am positive it was not two.
Yes, that would be correct. Room service on DDP is two credits per person. So family breakfst for 4 would be 8 credits. Each individual room service meal on DDP is 2 credits.
__________________
Debbart is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #1610
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran
 
iluvpluto27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,390

Hello, we're at the beach club now and having a great time. We had a bit of a long check in as we'd been downgraded to a standard view from our booked garden view. I don't think that was the fault of the bc though, Disney uk had put a request on our booking for connecting rooms with my parents (who had a standard view booked) and they were trying to honour that request.

We managed to get out garden view room in the end, and they also upgraded my parents to garden view too which was nice. We are on the second floor just off the lobby, very handy location, not the best view as we're blocked by a tree and overlook the seating area of bc marketplace but we've got a full balcony.

The bus service has been hit and miss, but everything else in the resort has been fab. The various closures have had no impact, and the solarium gym looks really good, and is pretty well used (we can see in from our balcony).

I had a quick flick through the previous pages to see if there were any questions I could answer. I saw one about laundry, there are only 2 working washers in the bc laundry by the pool, but all the dryers seemed to be working.

Ale and compass, I popped in this morning and saw no hot food, bagels and pastries was all I could see. They have a new (I think) hot breakfast option at the bc marketplace, a scrambled egg platter, with eggs, potato casserole, bacon and a biscuit which makes a nice cs option. I'd only seen breakfast croissants on the menu previously, so this made a nice change.
__________________


Sept 11 - 21 Days of DxDDP Dining Review

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Sept 2007 - POFQ/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2008 - AKL/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2009 - SSR/BWI/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2011 - BC/Royal Pacific/CR
Sept 2012 - BC/Royal Pacific
May 2013 - WL/Royal pacific
iluvpluto27 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #1611
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,347

iluvpluto - we'll be there in less than 48 hours!! And fwiw, I LOVE Pluto too!
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #1612
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 10,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpluto27 View Post
Hello, we're at the beach club now and having a great time. We had a bit of a long check in as we'd been downgraded to a standard view from our booked garden view. I don't think that was the fault of the bc though, Disney uk had put a request on our booking for connecting rooms with my parents (who had a standard view booked) and they were trying to honour that request.

We managed to get out garden view room in the end, and they also upgraded my parents to garden view too which was nice. We are on the second floor just off the lobby, very handy location, not the best view as we're blocked by a tree and overlook the seating area of bc marketplace but we've got a full balcony.

The bus service has been hit and miss, but everything else in the resort has been fab. The various closures have had no impact, and the solarium gym looks really good, and is pretty well used (we can see in from our balcony).

I had a quick flick through the previous pages to see if there were any questions I could answer. I saw one about laundry, there are only 2 working washers in the bc laundry by the pool, but all the dryers seemed to be working.

Ale and compass, I popped in this morning and saw no hot food, bagels and pastries was all I could see. They have a new (I think) hot breakfast option at the bc marketplace, a scrambled egg platter, with eggs, potato casserole, bacon and a biscuit which makes a nice cs option. I'd only seen breakfast croissants on the menu previously, so this made a nice change.
Thanks so much for the excellent on-the-spot report!

The breakfast platter does sound new- I haven't heard of it before. Now, if they would just add Mickey waffles...

Thanks for checking on Ale & Compass- sounds like the offerings are all "snack credit" options.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
natebenma is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #1613
tsme
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 537

Need Help with tags

We received our Mickey tags and I found the plastic strip that goes in the hole on the tags but I can't figure out how to use it to attach to our luggage. I can't just tie it to the luggage because it's plastic & won't stay. I'm confused & feeling a little stupid for not being able to figure it out, Any advice?
tsme is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1614
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 22,959

I haven't seen a luggage tag lately, but the last ones we got, the plastic hanger part split in half down the middle. Once you split it in half, it is a closed loop that you can thread thru the tag hole and secure.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #1615
tsme
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 537

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
I haven't seen a luggage tag lately, but the last ones we got, the plastic hanger part split in half down the middle. Once you split it in half, it is a closed loop that you can thread thru the tag hole and secure.
I'm so goofy! And You're so right! I jumped up after reading your post & it does split. Thank you!!!
tsme is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #1616
KJay
DIS Veteran
 
KJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 734

The menu at Marketplace has changed- I think I got a usable picture for you, Dee- I'll have to check tonight. (I've been working up to a post about my trip, but I've been too sad to write it yet )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
I'm so goofy! And You're so right! I jumped up after reading your post & it does split. Thank you!!!
Don't feel bad- so many people have trouble with this, that there are actually several youtube videos out giving step-by-step instructions!
__________________


KJay is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #1617
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peterborough, Uk
Posts: 2,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Yes, there are several items you can order. Chocolate Mickey, strawberries, cookies and milk, cake, chocolate box with truffles, snacks and of course anything on the room service menu. I even think fresh fruit is available.
thanks for that - do you know if I just order it on the day I want it?

also do you have any ideas on price.

Thanks very much
__________________
Me DH DS (16) DD (12)
10/2003 CSR 10/2007 CSR/ST PETE'S/GF 02/2009 CSR10/2009 CSR 10/2010 CSR 10/2011 AKL 10/2012 BC


chocolateMinnie is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #1618
sndral
DIS Veteran
 
sndral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
I haven't seen a luggage tag lately, but the last ones we got, the plastic hanger part split in half down the middle. Once you split it in half, it is a closed loop that you can thread thru the tag hole and secure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQwhTsW7gM
__________________
sndral is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #1619
SuzieQ811
Mouseketeer
 
SuzieQ811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western New York near Buffalo
Posts: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
We received our Mickey tags and I found the plastic strip that goes in the hole on the tags but I can't figure out how to use it to attach to our luggage. I can't just tie it to the luggage because it's plastic & won't stay. I'm confused & feeling a little stupid for not being able to figure it out, Any advice?
Oh My Goodness - I am not the only one who absolutely DID NOT GET IT! WHY did they have to make this so simple, yet so complicated?? Out of 7 of us - yes 7 - only one person actually figured it out. And we have, in our group, 3 engineers - one of whom is a mechanical engineer - as well as a doctor and a nurse. No stupid people here, yet totally felt stupid. So I simply did not use them, used my ARTAGS instead - they are super!
__________________


"Wrote a note said be back in a minute,
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it,
Don't think anybody's gonna miss me anyway.
Mind on a permanent vacation,
The ocean is my only medication,
Wishin' my condition ain't ever gonna go away."

Lyrics from "Knee Deep" by Jimmy Buffett and Zac Brown.
SuzieQ811 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #1620
Susan121302
Mouseketeer
 
Susan121302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: near Boston
Posts: 137

We check into the BCV tomorrow! I cannot wait!!!!!!

Does anyone have anything they need me to check out or photograph?
Susan121302 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: