Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Leaving for Disney tomorrow..just a few questions

We are leaving for Disney tomorrow and I am beyond excited. I've never done the dining plan and really have never experienced ADR's. I bet that I have changed my dining reservations at least 50 times in the last 6 months because we just couldn't decide what we really wanted to do, but I finally got things settled a few weeks ago. I've made sure to cancel any dining reservations that I changed my mind about, but i'm just curious if anyone has canceled and re-booked reservations so many times if it has/can cause a problem. I've done all my dining reservations online and i've always made sure to cancel anything that I changed my mind about, etc...but I just want to be sure. Should I call Disney later today and just double check?

Also, since this is the first time using the DP i'm wondering how it works at TS meals. Do I tell the server at the begining that were on the DP or do I just wait until its time to pay and hand her our KTTWC (just want to be sure before heading to the World in case I need to let them know ahead of time).

Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited by Kristian; 09-06-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
We are leaving for Disney tomorrow and I am beyond excited. I've never done the dining plan and really have never experienced ADR's. I bet that I have changed my dining reservations at least 50 times in the last 6 months because we just couldn't decide what we really wanted to do, but I finally got things settled a few weeks ago. I've made sure to cancel any dining reservations that I changed my mind about, but i'm just curious if anyone has canceled and re-booked reservations so many times if it has/can cause a problem. I've done all my dining reservations online and i've always made sure to cancel anything that I changed my mind about, etc...but I just want to be sure. Should I call Disney later today and just double check?

Also, since this is the first time using the DP i'm wondering how it works at TS meals. Do I tell the server at the begining that were on the DP or do I just wait until its time to pay and hand her our KTTWC (just want to be sure before heading to the World in case I need to let them know ahead of time).

Thanks everyone!!!
I see I'm not the only one who can't sleep!

You might want to call Disney, especially with the new charge they have for no-shows. They will be more than happy to go over with you which reservations you have.

Also, at the TS meals, they almost always ask you at the beginning of the meal if you are using the DDP. This is helpful, because at some restaurants, it's hard to tell what's included and what's not.

Also, some of the waitstaff will help you out and tell you helpful stuff like that the milkshake at Sci-Fi is counted as a drink for the meal.

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
I see I'm not the only one who can't sleep!

You might want to call Disney, especially with the new charge they have for no-shows. They will be more than happy to go over with you which reservations you have.

Also, at the TS meals, they almost always ask you at the beginning of the meal if you are using the DDP. This is helpful, because at some restaurants, it's hard to tell what's included and what's not.

Also, some of the waitstaff will help you out and tell you helpful stuff like that the milkshake at Sci-Fi is counted as a drink for the meal.
I haven't been able to sleep this whole week..too excited . Thank you so much for the info. Like I said, the DDP is new to me, so I was just not sure. This is our dd's (3) first trip and I have moved things around quite a bit simply because things opened up that I really wanted and also because of her schedule, eating habits, etc. After doing this post, I decided to go ahead and clean house and now i'll be a walking zombie all day because of lack of sleep , but I just can't seem to turn my mind off lol. I'm sure dd will wake me in the morning, or should I say in a few short hours, and she'll be full of energy and eager to get her Disney on

Old 09-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Don't stress about the dining plan. We were a bit flustered on our first trip about it and all the CM were super helpful and patient with us! It may take a little while to become used to the system, but once you figure it out, it's a breeze! Good luck and have fun!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
I haven't been able to sleep this whole week..too excited . Thank you so much for the info. Like I said, the DDP is new to me, so I was just not sure. This is our dd's (3) first trip and I have moved things around quite a bit simply because things opened up that I really wanted and also because of her schedule, eating habits, etc. After doing this post, I decided to go ahead and clean house and now i'll be a walking zombie all day because of lack of sleep , but I just can't seem to turn my mind off lol. I'm sure dd will wake me in the morning, or should I say in a few short hours, and she'll be full of energy and eager to get her Disney on
I can never sleep the night before a trip, either! But you'll be fine. You have so much adrenaline in your system that you don't feel tired. Until bedtime and then I crash.

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Claudine877
Mouseketeer

If you're uncertain of which ADR's you still have, if you login to the disneyworld website and enter your confirmation number, it should show you all ADR associated with your reservation.
Claudine877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
drinkme
DIS Veteran

I would just check which ADRs you have registered on the disney web site. Print it all out along with the ADR numbers (had to show those numbers a couple of times when they said they didn't have any record of our ADR).

When your waiter comes to the table, if they don't ask you, then tell them you are on the dining plan. The waiter will tell you what is included. Don't forget about the tip. It is not included in the plan any longer. There are some posts on the DIS that mentioned something went wrong when they used their credit card or key card for the tip. So, I only use cash for the tips now. Not sure if this is an issue or not, I just use cash now.

Which ADRs do you have planned?
drinkme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
I would just check which ADRs you have registered on the disney web site. Print it all out along with the ADR numbers (had to show those numbers a couple of times when they said they didn't have any record of our ADR).

When your waiter comes to the table, if they don't ask you, then tell them you are on the dining plan. The waiter will tell you what is included. Don't forget about the tip. It is not included in the plan any longer. There are some posts on the DIS that mentioned something went wrong when they used their credit card or key card for the tip. So, I only use cash for the tips now. Not sure if this is an issue or not, I just use cash now.

Which ADRs do you have planned?
I am using cash for tips as well. I just think that it is way easier that way for us. The ADR's that I have are: Planet Hollywood (dh has never eaten here and wanted to try it) CP, H&V, RFC (downtown), Tusker House, Kona Cafe, and Akershus. I'm pretty happy with them except tor not being able to get Ohana at the time we needed/wanted, but I keep checking just incase. I have my ADR 's all printed out and its accurate with what I have in my itinerary, so I'm guessing it should be fine.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

You must be so excited! Do you plan on doing a post trip report? I've enjoyed talking with you these last few months and would love to hear how your trip went, and see some pictures of your little one!

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
You must be so excited! Do you plan on doing a post trip report? I've enjoyed talking with you these last few months and would love to hear how your trip went, and see some pictures of your little one!
That is so sweet Missy. I really enjoyed talking to you too. Yes, I plan on doing a tri report and I will definitely post pictures. We are over the moon excited but I think I'm more excited for dh and dd to experience Disney for the first time. I plan on coming home and planning another trip, so I'll get to set in anticipation while you and your family do Disney as well....if only everyday could be a Disney day!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: