Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #241
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

thanks for the info, i'll hope they do another offer

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #242
Mynupasttime
Earning My Ears

We are in NC and just found the board last night..heading to Disney in a few weeks..thought we would try the Target discount today. already had the redcard, so went today. Needed diapers, which were on sale and if we bought 2, got a $15 gift card ...needed pull-ups and if we bought 2 packs, got a $10 gift card. Even without the gift card offer, they were on sale and less expensive than we usually pay. Now, we check out all of this...saving an additional 5%..get the 10 and 15 dollar gift cards, turn around and purchase $300 in Disney cards, get the 5% off the top, apply the 25 dollars in gift cards and check out at $260 for $300 worth of Disney cards! Sow..I feel like an extreme couponer now....even got my hubby a little excited..haha...thanks everyone for the tip. Lowe's hardware chIn in our town sells the Disney cards, but when we asked if we could use our military discount or 5% discount if use their credit card to purchSe, they said no...oh well, worth the try. Thanks again!
Mynupasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #243
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynupasttime View Post
We are in NC and just found the board last night..heading to Disney in a few weeks..thought we would try the Target discount today. already had the redcard, so went today. Needed diapers, which were on sale and if we bought 2, got a $15 gift card ...needed pull-ups and if we bought 2 packs, got a $10 gift card. Even without the gift card offer, they were on sale and less expensive than we usually pay. Now, we check out all of this...saving an additional 5%..get the 10 and 15 dollar gift cards, turn around and purchase $300 in Disney cards, get the 5% off the top, apply the 25 dollars in gift cards and check out at $260 for $300 worth of Disney cards! Sow..I feel like an extreme couponer now....even got my hubby a little excited..haha...thanks everyone for the tip. Lowe's hardware chIn in our town sells the Disney cards, but when we asked if we could use our military discount or 5% discount if use their credit card to purchSe, they said no...oh well, worth the try. Thanks again!
Glad that you were able to take advantage of the Target Disney Gift Card Deal!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #244
Mynupasttime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ok..Now, I am bummed out! I went back to Target today to use my same method and was told by the cashier, and two managers that they cannot sell Disney cards and use the target gift cards to purchase OR give the 5% off! I proved that I had already done this and showed them the receipts..I think all I did was to get the cashier from Saturday in trouble. I asked them if I could use my REDCARD and get 5% off of a gift card and was told "NO"..again, I said, well, if the Disney cards are the same category as a regular gift card, then why did it give me 5% off on Saturday? They had no answer, but this was certainly NOT a pleasant customer service experience. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I still want to purchase about $1000 in disney cards and now without a doubt, all the cashiers will be on high alert for me..haha Anyone else have this issue?

Wendy
Old 09-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #245
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

I would call Guest Relations. This is NOT accurate information they are giving you. Disney gift cards are NOT gift cards as far as Target's system is concerned. They are "entertainment cards" and ring as regular merchandise and are absolutely eligible for the 5% AND can be purchased with a gift card. Let me know if you need the number, I'd be happy to find it for you. You are NOT in the wrong for doing this.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #246
kaismommie
Mommy of 2 Toddlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynupasttime

Ok..Now, I am bummed out! I went back to Target today to use my same method and was told by the cashier, and two managers that they cannot sell Disney cards and use the target gift cards to purchase OR give the 5% off! I proved that I had already done this and showed them the receipts..I think all I did was to get the cashier from Saturday in trouble. I asked them if I could use my REDCARD and get 5% off of a gift card and was told "NO"..again, I said, well, if the Disney cards are the same category as a regular gift card, then why did it give me 5% off on Saturday? They had no answer, but this was certainly NOT a pleasant customer service experience. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I still want to purchase about $1000 in disney cards and now without a doubt, all the cashiers will be on high alert for me..haha Anyone else have this issue?

Wendy
I've never used a Target GC towards a Disney GC, by used my Target redcard and saved the 5%. It's been a few months, but I plan on getting more here soon for our trip in November. I don't see why this is a problem.

Mommy to Kai (DS6) and Mimi (DD4)

Thanksgiving at Disney! November 21-25, 2012. (AOA: Little Mermaid)
Disney Cruise on the Dream for April 29-May 3, 2012 2012
Disney for Mimi's 3rd Bday, May 10-14, 2011 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
DISNEY Christmas!! December 12-17, 2010. (All Star Movie Resort)
FIRST On-site say June28-July2, 2010 (All Star Movie Resort)
Prior to the dates above, I lost count
kaismommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #247
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wendy
As the others said, you were told wrong.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #248
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
As the others said, you were told wrong.
It has been my experience that Target managers are totally clueless and like to tell customers "no".
Old 09-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #249
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Target has the worst customer service... That's why I boycott Target.
JMHO
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #250
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaismommie View Post
I've never used a Target GC towards a Disney GC, by used my Target redcard and saved the 5%. It's been a few months, but I plan on getting more here soon for our trip in November. I don't see why this is a problem.
Right. You won't get the 5% if you use a standard Target Gift Card to buy a Disney Gift Card. You must use the Target Debit or Credit card.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #251
Mynupasttime
Earning My Ears

So I contacted Target corporate and they have emailed me back wanting more information to "investigate" my complaint. In the meantime, I went to another target while traveling in a nearby town today...walked in, bought $300 in Disney cards and used 2 $5.00 target gift cards and my Redcard to purchase them (With the 5% deducted)... Never questioned...no problems...WHAT? How can this be? After the fiasco at my local store yesterday and being told I cannot use a Target Gift Card OR cannot get 5% off of the Disney cards if I use my Redcard? I can't wait to see what Target corporate has to say about this when they get back to me. This is my new mission...haha. My hubby just thinks this is so funny how I am out to prove Target wrong...keep you guys updated. PS: if I get removed from Target in a cop car, I have given my log in info to my husband so he can get the money you guys are saving to post bond for me! Haha.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #252
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I contacted Target corporate and they have emailed me back wanting more information to "investigate" my complaint. In the meantime, I went to another target while traveling in a nearby town today...walked in, bought $300 in Disney cards and used 2 $5.00 target gift cards and my Redcard to purchase them (With the 5% deducted)... Never questioned...no problems...WHAT? How can this be? After the fiasco at my local store yesterday and being told I cannot use a Target Gift Card OR cannot get 5% off of the Disney cards if I use my Redcard? I can't wait to see what Target corporate has to say about this when they get back to me. This is my new mission...haha. My hubby just thinks this is so funny how I am out to prove Target wrong...keep you guys updated. PS: if I get removed from Target in a cop car, I have given my log in info to my husband so he can get the money you guys are saving to post bond for me! Haha.

I would love for you to walk in your local Target and present your gift card to the cashier...then just whip out your Redcard and swipe it through the machine. If they say, "Hey you can't do that!", you could just say..."watch this and see!".

You would think they would just want to see what happens with the register, because they can get the same deal but even better with their employee discount!!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #253
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Let's just hope that Target corporate doesn't start considering the Disney gift cards as "gift cards" instead of "entertainment cards". Then we probably wouldn't get the 5% off anymore.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #254
aprincessatlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Let's just hope that Target corporate doesn't start considering the Disney gift cards as "gift cards" instead of "entertainment cards". Then we probably wouldn't get the 5% off anymore.

While I appreciate people being excited about the savings. I usually don't read these threads cause it always seems someone is over analyzing it, asking millions of questions then going to the stores asking the same questions, they dont get the same answer and start screaming (figurative), drawing undo attention to it. Seriously don't ask just do it. Swipe the card yourself and watch the numbers change. If people keep calling corporate about this they will change it! (and no the pp is not the first to do this) This is not meant to be mean and scare off the PP, Glad she found the boards as it is a wealth of knowledge!

Last edited by aprincessatlast; 09-11-2012 at 10:50 PM.
aprincessatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #255
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincessatlast
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUSIEQ

While I appreciate people being excited about the savings. I usually don't read these threads cause it always seems someone is over analyzing it, asking millions of questions then going to the stores asking the same questions, they dont get the same answer and start screaming (figurative), drawing undo attention to it. Seriously don't ask just do it. Swipe the card yourself and watch the numbers change. If people keep calling corporate about this they will change it! (and no the pp is not the first to do this)
Exactly!!! Don't draw unneeded attention!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: