Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Southern California Theme Parks
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Getting to Hollywood?

What is the best way to visit Hollywood when you do not have a car? We will be visiting DL, DCA and KBF on our upcoming trip and I would like to at least see it, even though it is only for a few hours? It is my son's birthday and our anniversary trip. My son is super excited to go to Carsland! My husband is a big roller coaster junkie so that is why we are heading to KBF and I just want to check out a few things in Hollywood? Our last trip was in May and we stayed mostly in San Diego and rented a car, when we made it to DLR the car pretty much stayed parked! Wish I would have tried to see it then but I don't see us taking another trip to Cali in the near future so this is my last chance..at least for a few years! We will probably take the Metro to Knotts, can you get there by Metro, or is it not advised? Thanks for your help!

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
StageTek
It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

I take Amtrak/Metro often. I live in Hollywood and have a car but often I just enjoy the train.

You can take ART from the DLR transportation hub the the Anaheim Amtrak which takes you Union Station where you can take the Red Line (subway) directly to Hollywood. It's a long trip - over 90 minutes.

You might consider LUX bus
StageTek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
perlster
DIS Veteran

See info here about getting to KBF from DLR on the bus.
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StageTek View Post
I take Amtrak/Metro often. I live in Hollywood and have a car but often I just enjoy the train.

You can take ART from the DLR transportation hub the the Anaheim Amtrak which takes you Union Station where you can take the Red Line (subway) directly to Hollywood. It's a long trip - over 90 minutes.

You might consider LUX bus
Thank you so much for the helpful tips! I didn't realize it was that far by metro but it makes sense! I would really like to make it there, I was considering going after KBF. We will likely be finished around 3-4 and maybe we could go for dinner? It is on a Friday night though so might be crazy busy?

Old 09-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlster View Post
See info here about getting to KBF from DLR on the bus.
Thanks, we planned to take Metro 460 to KBF and I think there is a stop near our hotel (FFI on Harbor Blvd) just cant figure out if we can get to Hollywood from DLR?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: