DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
My husband had a package that was shipped Fedex that had something wrong on the address label, so it just kept going back and forth - all over Atlanta, and to and from Tennessee. It probably made 10 different trips. What finally got it to the right place was calling Fedex until he found someone who could locate the package and get the label fixed. He had to call multiple times, but once he started calling regularly, he finally got the package delivered. It was in limbo over a month, for a trip from Tennessee to Georgia.
I was starting to think I was going crazy, that this never happened to anyone else.

These boxes do enjoy their trips to tennessee

Hopefully disney will sort the label again and get it right this time...one can only hope.I may need to ring when we get into wdw from Australia.....if they still haven't made it.
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
DOREEN1779
Mouseketeer

We had 5 boxes sent to BLT 2 weeks ago. I spoke to the business center twice and the girls were very helpful. two different people on two seperate occassions told me they will hold packages for 1 month. My labels from UPS included my name and reservation number. They will not release the bags until you check in and are present in your room to acknowlege receipt as well as the handling charge. All packages arrived 7 days before check in and we experienced no problems. They store the packages at the conference center and it took about 10 minutes for them to bring it to the room.
DOREEN1779 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
DOREEN1779
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to add...On the first line, I had my name and reservation #. On the second "Disney's Bay Lake Tower @ Contemporary Resort" When the man at UPS started typing in the information for shipping, this heading popped up as the recommended shipping header and address for that location. Good luck!
DOREEN1779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOREEN1779 View Post
We had 5 boxes sent to BLT 2 weeks ago. I spoke to the business center twice and the girls were very helpful. two different people on two seperate occassions told me they will hold packages for 1 month. My labels from UPS included my name and reservation number. They will not release the bags until you check in and are present in your room to acknowlege receipt as well as the handling charge. All packages arrived 7 days before check in and we experienced no problems. They store the packages at the conference center and it took about 10 minutes for them to bring it to the room.
FYI - the month hold for packages policy is not the same at all of the resorts. At the resorts without a conference center, they just don't have the room.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

I have never shipped that far in advance but I do ship down decorations about 2 weeks before we get there for the room . My home resort is SSR and I have not had a problem .

Makes ya wonder what those boxes are up to maybe trying to tell you where you need to visit while you are here .

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP ! I hope your stuff makes it ...
What is in the boxes if you dont mind telling ? Like really good stuff from the outlet ???? I am dying to know
Old 09-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOREEN1779 View Post

Can I ask what the charge was to get your boxes delivered. I have shipped to myself at both OKW and SSR and just find it strange that you have to pay to take posession of your own shipment. I understand that they have a business center and all, but my goodness, how much manpower does it take for them to receive a package and hold it for you. I think the charge is ridiculous. Pay to ship it and then pay to get it.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Can I ask what the charge was to get your boxes delivered. I have shipped to myself at both OKW and SSR and just find it strange that you have to pay to take posession of your own shipment. I understand that they have a business center and all, but my goodness, how much manpower does it take for them to receive a package and hold it for you. I think the charge is ridiculous. Pay to ship it and then pay to get it.
Fee is based on weight and usually is $5-$10 per box. When Disney outsourced the running of the conference business centers, they agreed to let them charge for all packages.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: