Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #3496
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis4 View Post
I've read that we can call two weeks out to give WBC a room request. Is it actually worth doing so? Do they note the request and act on it if they can or is it just a "thank you for your request" response to make me feel good?

I am really hoping for an Epcot or fireworks view, and we are now under two weeks out. I'd rather not waste my time and get hopes up even a bit if it is just first come first serve anyways.

We will be arriving between ten and noon, and WBC will be our first stop even though I know it might not be ready until much later. I assume being there early will help with our room request?

I have read this thread for months, but now that our trip is coming closer, I just want to be certain. This is our first trip, and it would mean a lot to me to surprise the family with this view if WBC has it available.
In a dozen visits, my experience has been you get your room when you check-in.

Does calling ahead give you an advantage over others? I have not read any proof that it does.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #3497
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
In a dozen visits, my experience has been you get your room when you check-in.

Does calling ahead give you an advantage over others? I have not read any proof that it does.
Okay, here was my experience. I called about 1.5 weeks out from my reservation (however I am a platnium member). Here is my conversation with the front desk:
" I know you can't promise room requests, but if possible I wondered if I could make a request for either tower >> or tower >> and a higher level floor in either of these towers. Thank you." She then looked up my reservation and said I see you are checking in on such and such day.. I responded yes. She said we will see what we can do but as you know we cannot make promises. I said yes that is fine just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

When I checked in, she said your room isn't quite ready, however if you don't mind getting something other than what you requested we do have other rooms ready. I said we don't mind waiting. And got one of the towers I had requested and a higher level floor. It was an amazing room!

Of course I don't expect this to occur everytime, but I sure enjoyed it this past time!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #3498
mcc63303
Earning My Ears

1 bedroom

we have a 1 bedroom for Thanksgiving week, can anyone tell me if 1 bedrooms are on the upper floors in any of the towers? Would likd to have higher up and a lake view.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #3499
KWithers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc63303
we have a 1 bedroom for Thanksgiving week, can anyone tell me if 1 bedrooms are on the upper floors in any of the towers? Would likd to have higher up and a lake view.
We had a 1 BR in tower 3, lake view and fireworks view that was higher up. Not sure of exact floor..probably 4 or 5.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #3500
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Updated Resort Map

Is there somplace that has an updated resort map? Any that I have seen all say "future hotel" or "future pool". Is there any that show the tower with the type of pool it has?? We are 4 adults - so want a nice pool and hot tub ??
Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #3501
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations View Post
Is there somplace that has an updated resort map? Any that I have seen all say "future hotel" or "future pool". Is there any that show the tower with the type of pool it has?? We are 4 adults - so want a nice pool and hot tub ??
Thanks
There is a "quiet pool" and hot tub near the pool with the second lazy river. In other words, near building four.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #3502
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Thanks - we dont need a quiet pool - just dont want to get there and just have a kiddie pool - I keep hearing about the pirate boat - and we dont need that.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #3503
KWithers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations
Thanks - we dont need a quiet pool - just dont want to get there and just have a kiddie pool - I keep hearing about the pirate boat - and we dont need that.
There's also a large zero entry pool by the main building. And 2 hot tubs right next to it.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #3504
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The pirate boat is the water slide. Between it and the building is a pool. I didn't use that pool because it seemed to always be in the shade. Probably good in summer, but I was there in winter.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #3505
scubamouse
Mouseketeer
My shoes match. I know, I checked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis4 View Post
I've read that we can call two weeks out to give WBC a room request. Is it actually worth doing so? Do they note the request and act on it if they can or is it just a "thank you for your request" response to make me feel good?

I am really hoping for an Epcot or fireworks view, and we are now under two weeks out. I'd rather not waste my time and get hopes up even a bit if it is just first come first serve anyways.

We will be arriving between ten and noon, and WBC will be our first stop even though I know it might not be ready until much later. I assume being there early will help with our room request?

I have read this thread for months, but now that our trip is coming closer, I just want to be certain. This is our first trip, and it would mean a lot to me to surprise the family with this view if WBC has it available.
I think the answer is it depends. If you are an owner, it seems like you're more likely to get a request honored. If you're renting points/going through Ken Price, you're less likely to have a request honored.

We were just there and were told that the only requests that were honored were owner and VIP requests. We were told we had to take the room that was available and we couldn't wait/come back and try for a different room.

Through Ken, we requested an upper floor with a lake view, prefereably in tower 6. We got a second floor parking lot view in tower 5. The unit was definitely showing some wear.

We stayed in tower 6 the last time and the difference in the units is quite staggering. WBC is still a great value but some of the bloom was off the rose for us this trip.

I'd say it's worth making the request but be prepared that you might not get it. If I'd known that we would have gotten nothing of our request, I would have tried to be mentally prepared for that before I arrived.
2005 Christmas at Villas Wilderness Lodge
2006 at Wilderness Lodge
2007 Beach Club Villas with free dining
2008 Beach Club villas
Spring break 2009 Howard Johnson's at Disneyland
August 26 - September 5, 2010 Bonnet Creek
Planning an August 2012 trip
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #3506
XtheOwl
Nifty Galifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
I just called to make a room request and we are in tower 6 Really excited now, Wifi was my most wanted option.
Echo queen, how were you able to secure a specific room in advance?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #3507
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Thanks
The "Future pool/Future Hotel" map is still the property map that's available on Wyndham's site. AFAIK, There is not an official updated map.....

I guess someone with photoshop and some extra time could try and put one together, even if it's "Robo-style" and just snagging a google maps image and labelling it.

When you say you want an adult pool, It's really kind of hard to pick one specifically out. Admittedly, I tend to hit the pools later in the day, but I've never run into much problem with a particular pool being overrun by kids. All the pools also have hottubs.

By the main tower you have a large Zero entry pool. Not a ton of theming, an a bit further from most towers.... BUT... it also has a lazy river and the kids splash area nearby which could attract kiddies.

Tower 3 is another pretty open pool area. There is also a pool bar located at this pool. Downside... One of the 2 slides is here, as well as a kids splash area.

Tower 4 is a nice pool, with a couple nice hottubs as well. There is also a pool bar at this pool. There are several cabanas available to rent at this pool, and an entrance to the lazy river which connects with the pool next door at tower 5.

Tower 5. This is a zero-entry pool with the lazy river attached to it. It's also known as the "fort pool" since the lazy river works it's way through/under the fort structure (that also acts as the back of the pool bar for Tower 4). Personally.... Tower 5 is also home to my favorite hottub on the property. The hottub is a larger round hottub off the main walkway, so it's a bit more secluded than some which are next to the pools or on the main walkway. It's also large enough, and off to the side enough, That on several occasions during my evening trips to the hottub I have been able to bring some tasty adult beverages down with me to consume without worry of drinks getting knocked over.... and with it's location it also allows for the occasional smoke within the hottub as I can ash into the landscaping around the hottub (instead of into the tub, or on the walkway) and it's large enough that I can sit on the other side from other people and not give them a face full of smoke. [obviously, If others are in the hottub with me, I'll ask if them mind before lighting up].

Tower 6 has the "pirate pool". It has the pirate ship slide which is open during the day, and the zero entry salt water pool. There are also a couple hottubs around the pool area.

Honestly... the most "adult" pool may be the new hotel pool which the timeshare guests can also use. There is a pool bar, and the pool near the hotel. honestly, I didn't pay much attention to the details of this area on my last trip since I was just making a bar run before heading back to tower 6.

hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #3508
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the description of all the pools. I just want to make sure we have a hot tub and a pool - although the lazy rivers sound nice to.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #3509
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the description of all the pools. I just want to make sure we have a hot tub and a pool - although the lazy rivers sound nice to.
The lazy rivers are OK, nothing great. The new one is a little better than the original one.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #3510
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I'm at WBC now...my first visit.

Pros:
- We have a lake view room on the 6th floor of T6. It's a 3 bedroom. It is huge and beautiful. We absolutely love the room.
- Location is great. We've had good luck with the shuttle and it's quick to take the rental to the parks.
- great theming and pools. Just gorgeous

Cons:
- The woman we met at the parking pass desk was an absolute witch. It took us 15 minutes to escape the desk despite the fact that I told her straight away we were in a rush and just wanted to fill out the form and get the pass. She scolded me for buying park tickets in advance and was outright RUDE to me. It started my stay on a very sour note. I was prepared by this thread for pushyness but not rudeness.

Closed Thread