DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #31
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
It really disappoints me that Disney won't fix the bee problem.
I certainly agree. Bees don't bother me too much, but there was no way to avoid getting bees in the mug. The station did not open at all for the next 5 days of our stay. There is no reason to have a refill station that can not be used.
Junebugwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #32
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
It really disappoints me that Disney won't fix the bee problem. They have the solution -- they installed an air curtain at the new Paddock Pool that keeps the bees away from the refill station. I really wish they'd retrofit it onto the other refill stations, too. Lord knows they make enough profit on the mug sales to pay for upgrades that would give guests a sting-free drink experience.
OMG I am allergic to bees and have a Epipen because of it . I would never even think about going near the drink machine if I saw even one bee . They should get a air curtain and let me use it wherever I go LOL

We love the Grandstand section because my kids are grown and married and love to walk to DTD when they feel like it . We stay in the room with my grandkids or take them to the small pool . I will take my granddaughter to play in the new pool though : )
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #33
Mikey_B
Earning My Ears

I'm hoping to stay onsite next April/May, strongly considering SSR as a base due to its proximity to DTD. I just have a couple of questions to put to the experts on here!

As a 'hotel' guest, rather than DVC will my room be serviced daily?

Is my plan to walk to DTD as a hub a good one? Do buses run late from the other resorts as I would like to eat at other restaraunts or visit the bars and get a late bus back to DTD then walk to SSR.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Mikey_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #34
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_B View Post
I'm hoping to stay onsite next April/May, strongly considering SSR as a base due to its proximity to DTD. I just have a couple of questions to put to the experts on here!

As a 'hotel' guest, rather than DVC will my room be serviced daily?

Is my plan to walk to DTD as a hub a good one? Do buses run late from the other resorts as I would like to eat at other restaraunts or visit the bars and get a late bus back to DTD then walk to SSR.

Thanks in advance everyone.
If you're booking through Disney's central reservations for a cash stay, yes, you will get daily maid service.

DTD does have late-night bus service, and the Marketplace section of DTD is a very close walk to the Congress Park section of SSR. Most of the Marketplace closes by Midnight, though. It's a much longer walk to the Pleasure Island and West Side sections of SSR if you're talking about very late at night. If the buses don't stop at the Marketplace stop, you may want to consider changing to an SSR bus rather than walking back.

The path between DTD and SSR is lighted the entire way, but there are sections that are somewhat secluded. If you're walking in a group, this probably isn't an issue. If you're on your own, though, you may want to consider the bus late at night for security purposes, too.

Depending on the time of day, DTD buses also stop at Typhoon Lagoon. Factor that into your travel time (especially near dinner time when the water parks are getting ready to close).
Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #35
allymouse
Mouseketeer

Where should we request our villa?

Hi All,

We are renting points from a broker and staying at SSR Oct. 28 - Nov 2.
Two adults, no kids. We will mostly be all about the parks, Food and Wine Festival, probably a night at DTD and the Boardwalk. Proximity to busses is probably most important. We might not get in the pool depending on our schedule and the weather. So, Grandstand? Might be nice to be close to the shop too. I would appreciate any feedback.

I know this is a hot topic... but will we have access to the lounge at BLT?
Not sure if it's just for DVC guests staying at BLT, or if it's open to any DVCers. Not sure if we would qualify as "members" since we rented our points either.

If we are at the Boardwalk at night, what's our best option to get back to SSR? Not opposed to just taking a cab.

How late does the boat service to DTD run?

Thanks!
allymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #36
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Hi

I would say to best way to get SSR from the BW is to go into EPCOT and get the bus to SSR. Somebody might suggest a better way?

You can only get to the lounge if you are a DVC member. You have to show your card I believe.

Did you look at the Springs? Its very close to the artist palette and the bus stop. Its I think the smallest block.

Hth
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #37
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allymouse View Post
Hi All,

We are renting points from a broker and staying at SSR Oct. 28 - Nov 2.
Two adults, no kids. We will mostly be all about the parks, Food and Wine Festival, probably a night at DTD and the Boardwalk. Proximity to busses is probably most important. We might not get in the pool depending on our schedule and the weather. So, Grandstand? Might be nice to be close to the shop too. I would appreciate any feedback.
Check out FAQ #4 in this post for my thoughts on the "which section?" question.

Quote:
If we are at the Boardwalk at night, what's our best option to get back to SSR? Not opposed to just taking a cab.
The cab would certainly be your quickest option. If DHS is open, taking the boat there (or walking) would probably be quicker than walking all the way through Epcot. If you don't have an annual pass or park hopper, it will also save you from having to use an Epcot admission.

Another option would be to take the Boardwalk bus to Downtown Disney, then either transfer buses, take the boat, or walk back to SSR. Note, though, that DTD buses are notoriously the longest wait.

Quote:
How late does the boat service to DTD run?
I'm not certain about October. During the summer, I think the last boat back to SSR was at Midnight. The boat captains will usually always mention the time of the last boat back during the ride to DTD.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #38
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

The best thing about SS is that you can walk to Downtown Disney. You can get relatively inexpensive meals in downtown. The Earl of Sandwich is great, but often busy.
cayennews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #39
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

We enjoy Congress Park as its close proximatey to DTD, there is a quiet pool which we enjoy as its always empty and we enjoy reading our ebooks at side of pool. It's also only 5 mins from main area and boat launch.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: