Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
katielouise
Earning My Ears

Post Highs & Lows 29/8 to 3/9

Disclaimer: Having going to the big Orlando parks first, I found Disneyland Paris was a complete and utter shock to the system. It's so different to the American parks but it is fantastic in its own way. Although I did find myself criticising some parts... oops

Highs: Weather- We only had one downpour throughout the whole trip, it was freezing cold but all the rides were heated and it did warm up later in the day.

Disneyland Park- It's so beautiful and some of the rides like Space Mountain 2, Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain are even better than WDW! They're longer, more thrilling and Thunder Mountain is huuuuggeeeeeee!

Food: Just Disney food in general. Enough said.

Cinemagique: I got so fustrated when I overheard people considering skipping the show. It is one of the best shows I've ever seen (I love the movies! ) It is NOT to be missed.

Queue times: Luckily they weren't that bad. We fast passed thunder mountain as the wait was over 80 minutes. But people do queue for it and it holds in the crowds. When it broke down all the other rides escalated to 60+ minutes.

Lows:

Missing Disney Dream I was too tired.

Walt Disney Studios: Really Disappointed with the lack of rides how many visitors they let in for such a small park. Rock N Rollercoaster is just brilliant though. Anyone want to challenge my 5 rides one after the other?

Atmosphere: We didn't hear any music walking around the park :/We really didn't feel like we were at Disney. Which leads me on to my next point

CMs I feel so bad about this. I don't know whether it was the language barrier or what but I felt like I wasn't wanted there and I was annoying the CMs. We got no Bonjour and felt like they didn't want to be there at all. Where's the Disney spirit?! The Americans just KNOW what to do.

General Tips:
Eurostar is super easy!

For Dinner- we usually got to restaurants at about 5 and found them completely empty!

Fastpass thunder mountain first and go over to Space Mountain (still barely any wait)

Do Rock n Rollercoaster in the morning although it barely tops an hour wait.

Pirates of the Caribbean- They load you on so quickly, we queued up for '45 minutes' but got on in about 15.

At least I can say I've been and done it! I do suggest you do Paris before WDW, the differences are incredible. Like I said before, the Americans just know what to do! You just have to love it though
katielouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, thanks for sharing you Highs & Lows

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

welcome back - you know you missed the best bit of DLP at the moment - Dreams .

Thanks for posting your highs and lows.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Ooh we were there for the same dates! Welcome back!

So strange that you didn't hear music though, I heard it everywhere. It's still stuck in my head.

Sarah (25) my Disney tumblr
DLP August 2012: Hotel Santa Fe. 5 nights.
DLP January 2013: Sequoia Lodge. 4 nights.
singsweetnightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
katielouise
Earning My Ears

We heard some music but it wasn't very loud didn't give that buzz WDW does
Old 09-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #6
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielouise View Post
Lows:

Missing Disney Dream I was too tired.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Doesn't that mean you have to go back?!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
katielouise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Doesn't that mean you have to go back?!!

I believe I might have too!! There's too much I missed out on
Old 09-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #8
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Welcome back

Oh no, you must go back to see Dreams!!

Great highs and not too many lows. In my experience I have found the CMs to be friendly and got loads of Bonjours but then I don't have WDW to compare it against.

I love RnRC! We did it 3 times in a row but thats all! I think it feels less shakey then BTM and SM but even at that I was queasy!!

Will there be a TR?

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #9
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing

I've always found the cm really friendly, I think it is just a cultural difference, and they aren't as 'in your face' as they are in America. I've done both parks a few times, and to be honest I find the American 'have a nice day' approach gets on my nerves a little, as it is constant! Each to their own I suppose.

Can't believe you missed dreams, that is top of our to do list, you have to go back!

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
katielouise
Earning My Ears

Ahh no! I feel even worse about not seeing Dreams now We were staying at Thompson Cook Explorers and after a very long day we just thought we couldn't handle the mental bus journey on the way home!

Another thing I got to add was the lack of characters out and about
I may have to return soon next year but this time save up for the Disneyland hotel:D
Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I can't believe you missed Dreams either
Quote:
Originally Posted by katielouise View Post
I do suggest you do Paris before WDW, the differences are incredible.
Sorry but I've got to disagree with you on this one. I did WDW first yet still fell in love with DLP - even though I was sure I wouldn't!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
katielouise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Thanks for sharing. I can't believe you missed Dreams either Sorry but I've got to disagree with you on this one. I did WDW first yet still fell in love with DLP - even though I was sure I wouldn't!
I did enjoy and love it don't get me wrong :D So much of it was even better than WDW, but I'm an american girl at heart; I can't help it
Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
Mark7616
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the dreams show will still be running at easter as it looks amazing.
Mark7616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
katielouise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark7616 View Post
Does anyone know if the dreams show will still be running at easter as it looks amazing.
No end date announced up to end of current booking period (27th March 2013)

Tags
20th, disney, disneyland paris, paris

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: