DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
MyLove4Disney
Disney Kid forever

Aulani DVC Stuido rooms amenities question

I have enjoyed Aulani, last Feb in a 2 br with a group of 5 of us, but I'm wanting to go back in Late feb early mar 2013. But only want to get a studio. Any that have stayed in the studio what amenities are in the kitchenett section.

I think they have a microwave, small frig, regular toaster bar type sink.

But I was wondering if they have the small toaster ovens as well.

Also is it a nightmare to use the laundry rooms. That is one thing I really like about the one bedroom is having the laundry in the room.

I only have enought points for a studio for a week, without borrowing from the next year and don't want to do that. I'll probably want to go back to Aulani again.

MyLove4Disney Mom and Daughter forever cruise'n Currently Mom of a Disneyland Resort Cast Member, if you've been there and visited with a princess or one of the charaters you have probably met her...

Disneyland -- to many times to count, 1st time at age 12 for only 3 hours when they had E tickets. 2nd time when I was 24 it was their 30th aniversary, Now I visit regularly ** Disney World -- May 91, Jun 92, Jun 93 Off site; Jun 94 CB; Feb 95 DixL; Jun 95 Off site; Feb 96 DixL; Jun 96 Off Site; Feb 98 DixL; Jun 98 CS; Feb 99 POF; Feb 00 DixL; Jun 00 CS; Feb 01 AS Music; Feb 02 DixL; Jun 02 CS; Jun 04 CS; Feb 05 POR; Jan 06 POR; May 06 SSR; Feb 07 & 08 OKW;Jun 08 SSR and CS; SSR 09; OKW 10; CSR 11, 12 and 13; Aulani 12 and 13** Disney Cruise Line -- 7 ngt Feb 05, Jan 06, Feb 07, Feb 08, Feb 09, Mar 11, May 14 Finally became DVC members Jan 06
MyLove4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Jamie
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a studio for a week last year and I do not remember a toaster oven. The laundry room was empty every time we walked past it (which was about 6 times a day. We did laundry one evening and never saw a sole. The only thing was that we had to remember to stop by the front desk to ask for tokens each day.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
MyLove4Disney
Disney Kid forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
We stayed in a studio for a week last year and I do not remember a toaster oven. The laundry room was empty every time we walked past it (which was about 6 times a day. We did laundry one evening and never saw a sole. The only thing was that we had to remember to stop by the front desk to ask for tokens each day.
Thanks Jamie for the response, how much did the tokens cost and how many did you have to use per load?...

Just looking to see if we need to just bite the bullet and go for a 1 bedroom.

MyLove4Disney Mom and Daughter forever cruise'n Currently Mom of a Disneyland Resort Cast Member, if you've been there and visited with a princess or one of the charaters you have probably met her...

Disneyland -- to many times to count, 1st time at age 12 for only 3 hours when they had E tickets. 2nd time when I was 24 it was their 30th aniversary, Now I visit regularly ** Disney World -- May 91, Jun 92, Jun 93 Off site; Jun 94 CB; Feb 95 DixL; Jun 95 Off site; Feb 96 DixL; Jun 96 Off Site; Feb 98 DixL; Jun 98 CS; Feb 99 POF; Feb 00 DixL; Jun 00 CS; Feb 01 AS Music; Feb 02 DixL; Jun 02 CS; Jun 04 CS; Feb 05 POR; Jan 06 POR; May 06 SSR; Feb 07 & 08 OKW;Jun 08 SSR and CS; SSR 09; OKW 10; CSR 11, 12 and 13; Aulani 12 and 13** Disney Cruise Line -- 7 ngt Feb 05, Jan 06, Feb 07, Feb 08, Feb 09, Mar 11, May 14 Finally became DVC members Jan 06
Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
jjwelch24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLove4Disney

Thanks Jamie for the response, how much did the tokens cost and how many did you have to use per load?...

Just looking to see if we need to just bite the bullet and go for a 1 bedroom.
The tokens are free for DVC members. We stayed in a studio and used the laundry room with no problems. It was clean and comfortable. The kitchens have a toaster, fridge and coffee maker, but no toaster oven.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
MyLove4Disney
Disney Kid forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwelch24 View Post
The tokens are free for DVC members. We stayed in a studio and used the laundry room with no problems. It was clean and comfortable. The kitchens have a toaster, fridge and coffee maker, but no toaster oven.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Great on the tokens for free, Wow something for free, don't see that to often.

OK, no toaster oven, wasn't sure. To bad, we could survived on micro and toaster oven. Might have to go up to a 1bd.

Food prices are way to high for us at the resort. When we went if Feb the food prices at the resturant in town were really no different than home.

But the we did buy the burger and fries one night at the pool at the resort and it was 14.00.. Same meal at Disneyland Grand California was only 8.00

I know Hawaii is more expensive but I thought that was a bit much. We stayed a week and only ate one meal at the resort. All other meals were in the room with a couple in town at Dennys before we went shopping and Wall Mart and Costco...

Thanks for the answers the two of you it is appreciated.

Not just to figure my best option.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: