Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #11
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

At home, since, we have children it is not practical not to eat at a chain restaurant. My kids love fine dining but now that they are a tween and teenager it is not economical to take them out to fine dining where we could spend $300 for a fine meal. I love fine dining. I want to eat the local resturants that use local produce and meat. I live in Central CA but grew up on the coast and I'm totally disguisted with the quality of seafood in our town. I also, at home tend to cook mostly out of America'a Test Kitchen, Fine Cooking Magazine, Cook's Illustrated, Martha Stewart, etc... I don't like cooking out of box. I make my own BBQ sauce and I will not eat it out of a jar. I even whip my own whipping cream. I really don't like processed food that much and many chain restuarants do use processed food.

Now, I've been on 5 Disney cruises and will be on 6th in November. I've also been on RCCL and NCL. I swore I would never cruise NCL because the food on our ship was GROSS. For example, I ordered a root beer float and it came with coffee ice cream instead of vanilla. Another thing which is totally off subject is that I hate when they use a hot water dispenser and my tea tastes like coffee because they had made coffee in it. But the sad thing is I'm giving them a second chance and cruising with them in Alaska.

So, in my opinion I like the food on DCL. For cruise food I think it pretty good. I've never really had a huge issue with the food on the cruise. There was always something I liked on the menu. I've always ordered what the server recommended. Maybe that is the key. Is some of the food bland? Yes, but I find a lot of food in Florida is. I also find that some of the quality of ingredients being used will greatly affect the taste. I feel the same way about WDW food. I like most of the food for the most part. Are there some chain restuarants I like better you bet. I like Chipotle over Taco Bell or In-Out Burger over McDonalds or Smash Burger over In-n-Out Burger or NYC Italian restuarant over Olive Garden or Spaghetti Factory over Olive Garden. I love Fine Dining over any chain restuarant. But again I have children so, sometimes we eat a places we normally wouldn't as adults but do because of our kids. Hopefully, I'm making sense. I think, in general DCL and WDW tend to make their food bland to appease the younger population.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: