Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #76
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
Hmmm for chicken breasts... some of my favorites are teriyaki chicken, cashew chicken with broccoli, hawaiian chicken, shredded bbq chicken, (all of those are dairy free so far!), southwest crockpot chicken, chicken & cheese quesadillas, skillet chicken pot pie, chicken stuffed with spinach & feta, etc. Those are the ones we eat the most I'd say! And I only buy chicken breast when it is $1.99 a pound. Though, there was a bulk place coming through here selling it for $1.69 a pound. I tried it, but the breasts were HUGE and they just did not cook the same, and weren't as good so I stopped that. I have seen a lot of crockpot chicken recipes where you put all the ingredients in a bag in the freezer and then just throw it in the pot and cook it. Those seem like they'd be easy, too.
Thanks for the great ideas! I usually get my chicken breasts for about $1.09 a pound so I stock up on them. Now I am excited! I am feeling very motivated. Thank you again for the great ideas!
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #77
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
Thanks for the great ideas! I usually get my chicken breasts for about $1.09 a pound so I stock up on them. Now I am excited! I am feeling very motivated. Thank you again for the great ideas!
Wow I wish I could get them that cheap here! I usually get leg quarters. My DH prefers them to chicken breasts and I've just tried to adapt some of our recipes to use them. I'm starting to like them more as well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #78
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

We average about $175 on food each week. Add in another $250 per month for pet food and household products.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
LuLuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #79
Purrrrfecta
A little cat named Lorelei. She is a club kid who goes out!
The Dynamic Super Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuO View Post
We average about $175 on food each week. Add in another $250 per month for pet food and household products.
That's a lot of household and pet food. What type of pet food do you buy? Do you have large dogs?

I think I need to start purchasing better food for my dog. Recently, I purchased the Pedigree dog food for the dogs. I would have never done this for my dogs years ago. I am thinking of cooking for my one dog for she is 16, and I am worrying her kidneys are not doing so well.
Purrrrfecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #80
FLmomof6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
I never said that anyone was paying her. I was meaning more "figurative" adding $30 to the budget for her time. Not saying she lost money due to coupon cliping. But anyway. . . it doesn't matter. The OP feels she is making $50/hr clipping coupons but no one is giving her that money either. We agreed to disagree and I will do the same here.
Rofl.......sometimes they do give me money. I leave the grocery store with $50 worth of groceries and they give me the overage back in change. I do most of my shopping at Publix and they are GREAT about coupons. Overage doesn't happen all the time for me. When it does, I typically use it towards non sale items in my cart. I know some people get money back every week, but they pursue sales/coupons for items that they won't use, because they can make a profit on the purchase. I don't have time for that. My goal is to keep as much of our money as I can, while feeding my family a balanced diet and maintaining a decent stockpile. My point is........ using my time to keep my money is the same thing as using my time to earn money at a paying job. If I worked outside the home for financial compensation and paid full price for our groceries........ my bottom line is still the same.
FLmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #81
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I just went today, I spent 178.64 for about 6 weeks. It is just DH and I . I buy paper products and things like that about every four months. I like to stock up so I don't feel like we are spending so much. I use coupons, but only the ones I know for sure I use.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #82
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

I just decided to track my expenses last month just to see how I was doing. I live alone, have a nice retirement income, but am fairly frugal by nature. I spent $240 last month for groceries and personal items and household goods. Most of my fruits and veggies are organic, but I buy what's in season and on sale. Of course, I also spent $130 on dining out and beverages at Starbucks, which is what I really wanted to see when I decided to track - maybe not as frugal as I thought Although, $370 total for the month doesn't seem too bad for one person when I don't have a reason to cut expenses too deeply.

ETA: I only eat meat (usually chicken or fish) once or twice a week.

Last edited by NorCalGal; 09-04-2012 at 03:14 PM.
NorCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #83
MowgliFan
Earning My Ears

Family of four includes 2 kids aged 13 and 11. I spend just under $100 per week on food only - $400 per month is my budget. I've been able to get it down to $330 a few times. I miss the good old days when my kids were younger and I only spent $250 per month . . .

I use a lot of internet printed coupons and combine them with BOGO sales at Publix, and for the bulk of our food I've been going to Save A Lot and Walmart. I love Publix but I'm not seeing the deals like I used to, esp. since I've cut back on non-necessary foods (we really don't *need* Keebler cookies, even if they are BOGO and I have coupons). No double or triple coupons here, which is a bummer.
MowgliFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #84
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

$50 max a week but I use coupons and that is for four people 2 that are 19 and 12. we buy a lot of fresh itmes or could get lower that this. we have no snacks unless a coupon. our kids do not drink soda at all so that helps a lot. and i am not one of the couponers like on TV I only use for what I am goign to use. have a daughter in law that just will not take hour a week and cut coupons and ws looking at her grocery list the other day as for her and my married son she spends over $100 week. and tried to show her how with coupons she could have taken easily $45 off that total. she was amazed. but she won't do it.
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: