Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
gijules123
Earning My Ears

rough 4 weeks

So in early august we lost my dh's grandmother she was an amazing woman an inspiration to all that knew her. She battled cancer for 26 years she was a trooper and even in her last few days got out of her hospice bed to come sit on the floor with our dd(18 months) and play with her for one last time ;(. Then we get hit by isaac minimal damage to our home thank God, but we were without power for over 36 hours so we lost everything in our fridge and freezer. Now our washing machine has died...just feel like I can't catch a break. Then I think about the people that have lost everything due to isaac and I feel bad for even complaining about these past 4 weeks ;( just needed to vent a little.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijules123 View Post
So in early august we lost my dh's grandmother she was an amazing woman an inspiration to all that knew her. She battled cancer for 26 years she was a trooper and even in her last few days got out of her hospice bed to come sit on the floor with our dd(18 months) and play with her for one last time ;(. Then we get hit by isaac minimal damage to our home thank God, but we were without power for over 36 hours so we lost everything in our fridge and freezer. Now our washing machine has died...just feel like I can't catch a break. Then I think about the people that have lost everything due to isaac and I feel bad for even complaining about these past 4 weeks ;( just needed to vent a little.
I am so very sorry for your loss and all of the problems you have had. You have every right to vent. Sometimes it is just too much. I hope things improve for you soon. Meanwhile, I got laid on in July and am still looking for a job - sigh. But, I know things could always be worse.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

vent away! Sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was the perfect image of a grandmother, sitting on the floor to play with her grandchild while on hospice. Truly a beautiful moment. I hope that thought finds a peaceful place in your heart that you can draw strength from in years to come.

I too had some tough issues over what seemed to be a short period of time. Hang tough. Although it might be hard to believe right now, it does get better. In the past few weeks, I got a negative biopsy, my daughter got back into her college that she thought she had messed up the chances of. (due to not withdrawing from a class, but not attending it.) her senior year no less, my son got his #1 internship, we found out my father does NOT have congestive heart failure which he has thought he has had for a few years. Life is full of ups and downs, and when you are in the middle of a bunch of downs it's hard to remember the ups are due. I'll say a little prayer your ups start coming quickly.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss.

Please feel free here. We are a great group, and sometimes just typing it out helps in so many ways.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
gijules123
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much everyone for being so understanding it just seems like everything happens all at once. I guess God tests us by having nothing happen at all or everything happen at once! You all are amazing thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: