Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #286
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
Thank you for the advice. Do you run free shipping deals often? I noticed their shipping is really high. I would need to buy the My American Girl doll plus clothes so it would easily be a $200 order.
I know they offer free shipping sometimes, but I am not sure what the exact time frame is...maybe someone else can remember and let us know! I need it too!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #287
DisneyWalle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Disneywalle~ We all love books too~ I usually buy for baby gifts..to start their little libraries! Cool idea on the book case!!! That's a great gift...also, I like the idea of the Rice heat pads, did you get the How-To from Pinterest? I would like to do a few of these with my kids....I think they would enjoy doing it. It's different and useful!!
Yes, pinterest has several different how-to plans for the heat pads. The one I like is designed with channels for the rice -- this way the rice distributes evenly no matter how you lay it.
2014 Disboard Book Challenge: 31 of 40 completed
DisneyWalle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #288
dixonismydog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My daughter is turning 10 next month. It is true, this is a tricky age for gifts. She also loves to read and has a kindle. If you're thinking about going this route I'd go for a kindle. Here are some things my dd really likes and is asking for her birthday.
1. Lego Friends kits
2. Colored duct tape to make things (like purses)
3. Nail Polish
4. Earrings
5. Model Magic (Crayola's big kid version of play-doh)
6. She also loves the Uncle John's bathroom readers for kids. She has a lot of them and loves telling us interesting facts she reads.

I hope some of that helped. I feel your pain shopping for this age!
I just wanted to add, perhaps a friendship bracelet making kit....my daughter has had one for a couple of years and constantly makes bracelets. She has all of her friends hooked now too!
dixonismydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #289
DisneyWalle
DIS Veteran

Well I have spent the last day ordering all ds's Christmas books with the exception of maybe 4. Also, bought three brainteaser puzzles and received a free 500 pc puzzle so that was a little bonus. So now all I have are just a few little homemade things and pajama bottoms for him -- and I'm working on the candy jars, heat pads and maybe one quilt this week for the rest of my list. Either way, its a great start to my shopping with 60% being done. YAY!
2014 Disboard Book Challenge: 31 of 40 completed
DisneyWalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #290
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I hope I'm not hijacking by asking so many AG questions but has anyone found another source for clothes for the AG dolls? I just found www.dolls-clothes.com and it seems to specialize in clothes for 18 inch dolls.

Any other sites or place to shop? I plan to buy some AG clothes but I'd like to get a few cheaper items to add since she is new at this.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #291
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope I'm not hijacking by asking so many AG questions but has anyone found another source for clothes for the AG dolls? I just found www.dolls-clothes.com and it seems to specialize in clothes for 18 inch dolls.

Any other sites or place to shop? I plan to buy some AG clothes but I'd like to get a few cheaper items to add since she is new at this.

You can find 18" doll clothes in lots of places. I've even boughts some that people have made on Etsy and Ebay. My DD really doesn't care if they are AG or not unless she specifically asks for something out of the catalog. Our AC Moore store here sells clothes too and we've gotten some cute outfits. The Our Generation line at Target fits AG dolls too. I've even been to craft shows around the holidays and there are ALWAYS vendors selling handmade clothes and PJ's....sometimes with matching sets for the girl & the doll

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #292
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

Which websites stores do y'all find best for buying gifts and stocking stuffers?
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #293
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcufrog View Post
Which websites stores do y'all find best for buying gifts and stocking stuffers?
Can't remember if it was this thread or another, but the Five Below store has great stuff. I usually forget about the store all year until I head over the mall area as the holiday's get closer.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #294
nessalee77
Earning My Ears

subbing

I love all these ideas!

nessalee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #295
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

subbing have already begun buying woohoo!!!

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #296
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Oh gosh I hate christmas shopping! This year Im cheating and going crafty!
SO a list:
Mom is getting a crafted moose (done)
Gma is getting a bottle buddy cat (done) and her yearly calander (she gets mad if we dont buy her one)
gloria is getting a bottle buddy snowman (done)
Kenny is getting a bottle buddy snoman (done)
kris is getting a bottle buddy snowman (done)
Dave is getting a stuffed moose and ring
Uncle John/ deb is getting a moose
MiL/ father is getting a snowman
Dj (sis in law to be) is getting a penguin
DC (amber 13) no clue, probally Detroit tigers somthing
DC (panda 11) No clue, Mabey something pink? mabey a bunny?

Think that covers everyone! Somehow I feel im forgetting someone! I love Christmas just hate the prep! what sucks this year is Im moving in November!

Stocking stuffers in our house are anything I get free from Hip2save or coupingtodisney or any other freebie site. I also use my disney rewards points to snag a few.
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard

Last edited by funkychunkymonkey; 09-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #297
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW0021 View Post

As a family gift, I was thinking about getting camping gear. My kids love fishing but we haven't been camping yet but I know they will love it. I'm thinking about a tent, sleeping bags, lanterns, etc. so I will be looking for great clearance deals on these items. Looking forward to this thread and getting other ideas!
Walmart!!! Also you dont need as much stuff as you think. We camped for a week for the first time this year. We bought a whole camp kitchen and only used a couple plates and grill basket (very handy, was able to make burgers, steak and even rewarm pizza). Also air matresses are overrated! ours had holes and got tossed the first day. Multiple lanterns were helpful. Also get extra tent steaks, and a crayon. For some reason we had a sticky zipper situation. A clothes line is nice for drying wet clothes. I guess the only other thing we needed and were glad we packed was a tarp. It was like 90 in the sun and we tied it off to some trees for shade. We did pretty well and had a blast. Oh a good first aid kit with calamine lotion and some spray for a sunburn. I find the ozark trail from walmart is actully good gear. Also If your a family of four get a tent for 6, a family of 6 a tent for 8.... More room is nice.
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #298
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

to all the new ladies who have found us over the last few days! Glad to have you joining in!! Whoever asked earlier,..no, you are Not hijacking! This thread is to talk about all the shopping, shipping,wrapping and planning,~ so ask whatever you need to!

Totally , but are any of you in my neck of the woods with this lingering heat? We had some cool days with a lot of wind last week that blew in from Isaac, but this week we are back in the 90s with no rain forecasted and the real feel for the week is up to 110!!!!! Also, we have those darn lovebugs and they were out in full force today!! YUCK!!! After next week the temps here should be a little lower...I know it's hot for us even in Oct, but we usually don't have the upper 90s with real feels of over 100 by then...Lordy, bring on some cool fronts!!

Ok...back to holiday stuff!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #299
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

We are going to be in Disney for Christmas (yeah) but that doesnt let us off the hook for pressies bc the trip is from my FIL - one of his wishes in his estate was to take our girls some where on a trip from him, so we are. We fly in Christmas Eve.

So, I need ideas for Christmas for the girls, DD11 and DD7. I thought about going to DTD to get a few surprises (sweatshirts if its cold) or buy some early and pack them down.

I am thinking we'll pack their stockings, it wouldnt be Christmas without them we've had them since they were born. And getting small gifts to go in them.

I was thinking - maybe tickets to IOA since they know about Disney, IOA would be a total surprise. Both are WWHP fans.

itunes gift cards, maybe disney gift cards they can spend while we are there.

I just dont know! If you have any ideas please hook me up! Isnt this a terrible problem to have

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #300
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Etsy has great AG clothes! All lovingly hand made. I found really cute AG pjs for my girls' dolls last year, even disney themed!
If you are a sewer, or know someone who is, there are great patterns on www.youcanmakethis.com for dolls, including some kids patterns that come with free doll patterns. The patterns are very easy to use and versatile, and you can make many things out of them. Cost less than one AG item on Etsy to get a pattern to make many.
I hadn't sewed in years and I was able to make three AG dresses in two days! [And I just used scrap fabric I had, so they were basically free!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
to all the new ladies who have found us over the last few days! Glad to have you joining in!! Whoever asked earlier,..no, you are Not hijacking! This thread is to talk about all the shopping, shipping,wrapping and planning,~ so ask whatever you need to!

Totally , but are any of you in my neck of the woods with this lingering heat? We had some cool days with a lot of wind last week that blew in from Isaac, but this week we are back in the 90s with no rain forecasted and the real feel for the week is up to 110!!!!! Also, we have those darn lovebugs and they were out in full force today!! YUCK!!! After next week the temps here should be a little lower...I know it's hot for us even in Oct, but we usually don't have the upper 90s with real feels of over 100 by then...Lordy, bring on some cool fronts!!

Ok...back to holiday stuff!
I'm in WI, and the 90+ heat has returned here too. We don't get as warm as down there consistently, but this summer has been a doozy! Glad we bought a house with a/c!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: