Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #76
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Good for you for keeping the secret! We are doing the same thing and I know it is not easy! In 1 week and 1 day we will be revealing it too! That just gave me butterflies typing it out!

Hope you have a magical time!
HOW EXCITING Jenny!!! it will be an amazing reveal, I am sure!
Can't believe I've only got 25 days until the POLY....it's going so fast now!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 09-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #77
MiloMouse
Earning My Ears

Hello! Can anyone tell me what the updated breakfast options are in the club level lounge? I've seen photos of cream cheese Danishes and cinnamon rolls but I saw a recent video that didn't have either. those are our favorite breakfast options... Help!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #78
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloMouse
Hello! Can anyone tell me what the updated breakfast options are in the club level lounge? I've seen photos of cream cheese Danishes and cinnamon rolls but I saw a recent video that didn't have either. those are our favorite breakfast options... Help!
Breakfast is basically two types of pastries such as mini muffins, bagels, cinnamon rolls or croissants. They rotate two throughout the week. There is cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter available.

There is fresh fruit salad with melon and grapes. Hot oatmeal with dried blueberries or cherries and almonds and brown sugar.

There is a variety of cereals with milk, skim or 2%

Variety of juices like orange, and a punch mixture. Coffee and teas

You can ask for yogurt from the cast members. They also have apples, oranges and bananas available throughout the entire day.

If your child or you need soy milk or have allergies you should inform the IPO so they can make arrangements to have things available suited to your dietary needs.

I hope that helps!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 09-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #79
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Room Request

I need to be making a room request. I was wanting Samoa, how hard is to get a request for Samoa in the middle of October ? I also wanted to know when we do online check in is there buildings to choose from for our room request ? What all is availbable to choose for requests on the online check in ?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #80
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

today is my online check in day

I may not sleep for the next 10 days

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #81
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

13 Days!!!!

Yay only 13 days to go! Currently listening to the Poly loop (old and new) and probably will be every work day between now and my last day.

Of course we're still two weeks out and who knows what will happen, but Accuweather is currently calling for straight-up rain our first two days. Well, then I'm sure we'll be able to get on rides that much faster! (Though let's not kid around - I'd still enjoy some pool time)

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Guitarob for not just slapping up a thread and being done with it. Did y'all notice the little extra bits of fanciness, such as the headers he created for each longhouse, restaurant, etc? Because my husband is a rockstar.

I'll be happy to pass on any further thanks you'd like to offer in the form of hugs, kisses, etc. Just let me know - it's the least I can do!

Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #82
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamma View Post
Great new thread, Rob!

Just have to say that in just 72 hours we will be on a plane flying to WDW for our first stay at the Poly AND our first stay at club level. We will celebrate DD's 10th birthday next Saturday. DD and DS15 still have NO IDEA WE ARE GOING!! I am beyond proud of myself for being able to keep it a secret! Bags are packed and everything but they are clueless. I LOVE IT!!!
That is amazing! I can't believe you managed to keep it a secret! You'll have to document the big reveal and share it with us. You must be bursting with excitement!!!

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
Old 09-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #83
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Thanks Amanda--- all very good points! And I know we would LOVE WL.

The problem is I'm not sure I can sell DH on them... he has his heart set on Poly as the main stop. He went there as a kid with his parents and it's his "dream" to take his kids back.

I'm leery about us all in one room too for any major time frame- looking at doing CL so there's the option of the lounge for more space and entertainment options.

We don't usually stick around MK (or Epcot) for fireworks unless there's EMH afterwards, and then we stick that out until the end, so the traffic isn't as bad. But the last time we did all this it was without the baby---- sooooo, that has to be factored in.

She's pretty go with the flow for the most part, but August and the heat and being 2... well, I'm not counting on her being the best late night traveler! But that's also why I wanted Poly- to be closest (and easiest with monorail- not interested in CR) to get her home if we need to get out earlier than the other kids.

It's going to be a pain, no matter how we work it out I suppose.

I may have to lay this out with DH and give him the WL option. It's not a hardship at all to stay there- we love it. But he's just kinda set on Poly. We have stayed long term in a one room situation before and it's not horrible --- but it's not ideal for sure.

I like your idea of looking at POLY CL so you can have more room, plus you can skip going to Captain Cooks for breakfast with 4 kids. That will save you time and effort before going to the parks. Plus, it is SO great to watch the fireworks from the POLY, and then put little ones to bed! You could watch from the CL lounge, which is nice when the weather is too hot or rainy.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #84
TeamTilson
O'hana

Go underwater...do you hear it?

We were enjoying the Nanea Volcano pool late one evening, after watching the EWP and MK's fireworks from the beach, and happy to be the one of the few families in the pool (I think it was around 10pm).

My DD10 swims up to me and DH (where we're relaxing on the shelf where the "waterfall" normally hits) and she says, "SHHH!!!! Do you hear that??".

We look at her confused. She says, "Go underwater!! And {whispering}LISTEN!"

DH and I shrug and stick our heads underwater with DD.

Sure enough, I could hear the sweet soundtrack of the Polynesian resort. The twangy guitar & ukelele playing. If it wasn't for my body screaming "get some air" I couldn't stayed under and listened to it echo under the pool for hours. So relaxing...

We three resurfaced.. and just amazed that we could hear the music so clearly underwater.

I tried again to "find the music", numerous times throughout our visit. But sadly, did not hear the music underwater anymore. Maybe the sound of the volcano slide/waterfall and multiple people in the pool masked the soundtrack underwater. I don't think it was a fluke accident that DD, DH, and I could hear it so clearly one night and then not be able to find it again.

Maybe that was our "magic moment" at the Poly? Something we three can put into "making memories" and smile and laugh about when we go and visit WDW again.

I've heard about the Big Blue Pool at AoA having sound/music/Finding Nemo dialog underwater...but didn't realize any other pool had it.

So after my long story... I want to ask my fellow Poly Lovers - do you hear the music?

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #85
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTilson View Post
We were enjoying the Nanea Volcano pool late one evening, after watching the EWP and MK's fireworks from the beach, and happy to be the one of the few families in the pool (I think it was around 10pm).

My DD10 swims up to me and DH (where we're relaxing on the shelf where the "waterfall" normally hits) and she says, "SHHH!!!! Do you hear that??".

Sure enough, I could hear the sweet soundtrack of the Polynesian resort. The twangy guitar & ukelele playing. If it wasn't for my body screaming "get some air" I couldn't stayed under and listened to it echo under the pool for hours. So relaxing...

We three resurfaced.. and just amazed that we could hear the music so clearly underwater.

I tried again to "find the music", numerous times throughout our visit. But sadly, did not hear the music underwater anymore. Maybe the sound of the volcano slide/waterfall and multiple people in the pool masked the soundtrack underwater. I don't think it was a fluke accident that DD, DH, and I could hear it so clearly one night and then not be able to find it again.

Maybe that was our "magic moment" at the Poly? Something we three can put into "making memories" and smile and laugh about when we go and visit WDW again.

I've heard about the Big Blue Pool at AoA having sound/music/Finding Nemo dialog underwater...but didn't realize any other pool had it.

So after my long story... I want to ask my fellow Poly Lovers - do you hear the music?
Yes! In fact I was just thinking the other day how I should bring snorkeling gear in order to be able to actually hear the Poly music during the day instead of the stuff they blast during the games.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #86
Babka
Czeching out the DIS boards!

Tonga Toast...

Do any of you Poly folks know if I can order Tonga toast minus the sugar on top?

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #87
whamma
DIS Veteran

DD's 10th Birthday Surprise Trip Update:
48 hours til we're in the air and the kids are STILL CLUELESS!!! I have to say--I am really proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut and not ruining the surprise. Helps that we're so busy with school and work to think about anything else. DD is going to flip. Every night she uses DH's phone to check the wait times at WDW on Mobile Magic--just because she can. Ha. Last night as she was going to bed she asked, "When are we going to Disney again?" DH and I both said, "We don't know since our next trip Disney trip is a cruise at spring break--not Disney World." Wink-wink! She is not going to believe it when we pick her up from school on Thursday and tell her we're heading to the airport.
WDW with DVC: AKV- Jambo March 20-28, 2009, SSR July 10-17, 2009, BLT/AKV-Kidani Dec. 20-27, 2009, WL April 1-4, 2010, OKW July 25-31, 2010, BWV March 31-April 3, 2011, SSR August 9-16, 2011, BLT December 17-24, 2011, SSR July 31-August 6, 2012, POLY Sept. 6-9, 2012,BLT April 12-14, 2013
DCL Cruises: Magic Western Caribbean March 22-29, 2008, Wonder 4-night Bahamas April 4-8, 2010, Dream 4-night Bahamas March 27-31, 2011, DCL Dream 4-night Bahamas April 14-18, 2013

Disneyland: GCV April 5-12, 2012, GCV March 22-28, 2014
Upcoming Trips: BCV July 19-24; BLT July 24-27, 2014, DCL Fantasy 7-night Eastern March 28-April 4, 2015
DVC member AKV 2008 BLT 2009
Old 09-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #88
JVP1
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful way to surprise them! I hope you will be able to do a trip report!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #89
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTilson View Post

My grand daughter said she heard it while under water also ! Next time I'm going to go under water to see if I hear it
Old 09-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #90
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamma
DD's 10th Birthday Surprise Trip Update:
48 hours til we're in the air and the kids are STILL CLUELESS!!! I have to say--I am really proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut and not ruining the surprise. Helps that we're so busy with school and work to think about anything else. DD is going to flip. Every night she uses DH's phone to check the wait times at WDW on Mobile Magic--just because she can. Ha. Last night as she was going to bed she asked, "When are we going to Disney again?" DH and I both said, "We don't know since our next trip Disney trip is a cruise at spring break--not Disney World." Wink-wink! She is not going to believe it when we pick her up from school on Thursday and tell her we're heading to the airport.
Sooooooo excited for all of you!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: