Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #166
jane2073
DIS Veteran

I think with your entertainment background, you should try for the dancing auditions. Then maybe that could lead to character auditions.

Imagination is so despised because the original was so beloved and wonderful. Then they made it over into a creepy dark disaster. Then they redid it again into what it is today. You should be able to find ride throughs of all three versions on You Tube.

When Nemo first opened the cue line would be full. I remember going in August once and the cue line was out the door!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #167
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

I agree Epcot scenery is stunning!
It's such a relaxing park for us too, just strolling around with drink in hand, taking it all in

The Nemo queue is quite hilarious. I never see it with anyone in there but I'm sure on those crazy busy days when the maelstrom fastpasses are out in full force- it would fill up.
The main problem I find is that it is so bright outside that when you walk into the dark entrance quickly and there is no line, your eyes take a while to adjust and there is a lot of bumping into things... or is that just me?

Thats awesome about your upcoming auditions!

We are there in 32 days! (whoops need to update that ticker!)
We just miss each other!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #168
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I think my replies are all getting lost

Yay for our DisMeet! Sounds like you guys had a nice laid back night.

I'm also obsessed with Disney weddings. You should follow Stringbean&Wingnut's Tr. They're having a Disney wedding, and she's going to share the planning. I'm stoked.

A gorgeous morning at Epcot. Isn't F&G fest beautiful? The weather was great toward the end of the week too.

I also read other TRs and think "where is that?". It's not just you.

Yay for more auditions working out! Have you thought about applying for other CM spots so that you can get a foot in the door, and be there when auditions come up? I'll bet there's some serious money to be made for people with Food and Bev experience.

Duffy doesn't bother me at all. I'm just glad that Maddie hasn't discovered him. We buy enough stuff already.
Haha! I was wondering!! Hahah!! It was a pretty nice night, I do really like to stay in the parks til the fireworks/night show, but I also really like having time to explore the resort and go swimming. I've only managed to swim twice on all of my trips haha!! I plan on doing more in Sept!

Ahh! Disney Weddings, they are seriously the greatest thing in the world, there is no way I am accepting anything but a Disney wedding (if I ever get married haha!)

I love Epcot, it may not be a huge ride park, but its such an amazing park! Ack! I can't wait to get there!

Apparently there is just SICK money made in Le Cellier, but it would only get me knowing people. It would break my visa to even go to an audition if I was down on the International representative program. My only other option would be to do the international college program & I just don't do school (transferred from Uni for recreation to acting school, now I'm considering a dance program haha) so it's kinda a tricky situation.

Ahaha! That could be quite the predicament, a whole lot of new toys and clothes and stuff to buy! Lol

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 08-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #169
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I think with your entertainment background, you should try for the dancing auditions. Then maybe that could lead to character auditions.

Imagination is so despised because the original was so beloved and wonderful. Then they made it over into a creepy dark disaster. Then they redid it again into what it is today. You should be able to find ride throughs of all three versions on You Tube.

When Nemo first opened the cue line would be full. I remember going in August once and the cue line was out the door!
Thanks!! I am aiming to do the Dream Along w/Mickey or FOTLK auditions next year, which means I'd just be doing that role in that show. If I was to get cast (at either sept audition) I would be doing stuff like characters, parades, and shows, it'd be a bit of everything!

Ah! I didn't realize that, I knew they had changed it, but didn't really know the backstory! That is crazy! I just feel like it's the longest cue in history!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
I agree Epcot scenery is stunning!
It's such a relaxing park for us too, just strolling around with drink in hand, taking it all in

The Nemo queue is quite hilarious. I never see it with anyone in there but I'm sure on those crazy busy days when the maelstrom fastpasses are out in full force- it would fill up.
The main problem I find is that it is so bright outside that when you walk into the dark entrance quickly and there is no line, your eyes take a while to adjust and there is a lot of bumping into things... or is that just me?

Thats awesome about your upcoming auditions!

We are there in 32 days! (whoops need to update that ticker!)
We just miss each other!
Ah Epcot, it's so relaxing and awesome, having a drink and going around the world, just so great!

Haha! Totally true, I didn't check out any of the seas when I was there in July, but I'm sure it was more crowded than I'm use to it being haha.

Eeek! That's so awesome!! 32 days?! I think our paths will cross just a little bit. I don't actually leave Disney until the 21st!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #170
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Wow! That Turtle Talk proposal is so sweet! I'm already married, but if we win the lottery we are so renewing our vows in Disney! And I'm expecting either a Disney "re-proposal", or a flash mob proposal. Or a flash mob in Disney would be even better.

I thought there were some sort of rule that you could not audition again for another 6 months after one audition? If that's not the case, then good luck!

That dress looks AMAZING! I want one!!!

Last edited by ronnmel; 08-21-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #171
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Wow! That Turtle Talk proposal is so sweet! I'm already married, but if we win the lottery we are so renewing our vows in Disney! And I'm expecting either a Disney "re-proposal", or a flash mob proposal. Or a flash mob in Disney would be even better.

I thought there were some sort of rule that you could not audition again for another 6 months after one audition? If that's not the case, then good luck!

That dress looks AMAZING! I want one!!!
I know right?! It's so absolutely adorable, I love love love it!!

There is a 6 month buffer, but it's more to keep people from doing auditions every 2 weeks. The girl I was talking to at the last audition told me about that, so hopefully it's okay haha!

Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #172
katt789
DIS Veteran

AAAAHHHHH

Okay, first off, was browsing on Tumblr, and came across a picture of Tinkerbell & Periwinkle! It says she's starting to come out in mid Sept! HOPEFULLY, she'll be out at halloween, where Paige & I will be dressed as her & Tink! YAY.

But I mean, just LOOK at her, she's ADORABLE. I just got so unbelievable excited!

Number two: they're doing another online "casting call" for a bunch of the princesses, and I sent all my information in to them, so, FINGERS CROSSED that I hear back good things!!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #173
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Eeek! That's so awesome!! 32 days?! I think our paths will cross just a little bit. I don't actually leave Disney until the 21st!
Oh Rad!! We check in on the 20th at POP
You're at AOA right?

Our trips are so close!! So exciting! Except I keep buying excessive amounts of holiday things, that i really don't need
Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #174
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Rad!! We check in on the 20th at POP
You're at AOA right?

Our trips are so close!! So exciting! Except I keep buying excessive amounts of holiday things, that i really don't need
Haha! We'll be checking out on the 21st, haha, but still there for a bit haha.

UGH! I am seriously dying, I've been doing nothing but thinking of Disney, I cannot wait!!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #175
katt789
DIS Veteran

Worldly Adventures are Always Better With Tequila

Tanessa and I said goodbye to our stuffed friend, met up with Tyler, and looked out across the World Showcase Lagoon, seriously, such beauty!!

And before we knew it, we were traveling through some kind of vortex, and got from Orlando to Mexico in a matter of seconds! Lawl.

Tyler wanted a picture of himself in front of the temple, and I had my eye on something of my own liking that was just around the corner.

What can I say? We bought them and wore them for the rest of the trip, definitely some good money spent.

BAH! Totally kidding, but it is really fun to try on some crazy hats around World Showcase…or anywhere in Disney really.

What I had my eye on was some early in the day tequila! Yum! Tanessa and I both got the Fiesta Margarita from the little kiosk outside the pavilion, and boy was it good!

We then headed inside to check things out, look around, and Tyler wanted to buy something for one of his room mates back home.

Another goal of mine this trip was to really go into every country and explore everything it has to offer, which didn’t really end up happening, as always. The first couple of countries get explored, and then the rest just get “meh”-ed as we hurry on our way to something else. Epcot is one of those parks that just has so much to offer, and you can end up missing so much of it. I think next time I’ll aim to explore those countries that I really haven’t looked into yet, maybe that’ll help?

Look, Tyler’s in Mexico! Heehee, And of course, I take some time to try on some fun Ears and take ridiculous pictures….and then dress Tyler up in even more ridiculous things. I tried to convince him to buy them and wear them the rest of the day, but he wouldn’t.

While we were browsing through the Mexican shops, Tanessa and I definitely noticed that there were a few of the cm’s in there that were definitely easy on the eyes! We also decided to forgo the boat ride thanks to the margaritas, hey, those things aren’t like regular drinks, you can’t gulp it back very quickly!!

The Mariachi band was out and playing, which was a first of mine to see!

And before we knew it, we were over in Norway, battling Vikings and exploring everything over there! There definitely are some cool things to play around with in that gift shop…and…well….boys will be boys, right?!

We finished playing in Norway, and again, thanks to the margaritas we skipped Maelstrom, if we really wanted to hit up the rides, we definitely had more time in the afternoon to do it! Next up on our list; China of course!!

World Showcase definitely gets the best architecture of everything, seriously this park is amazing! I’ve heard of people putting pictures up on facebook and the like, and people commenting being all “I didn’t know you went to China?!” Lol.

This may just be me, but I feel like China is just a really big gift shop, sure, there’s the movie (which I don’t know what time it was playing, but we didn’t see it this time around) but I don’t really feel like there is a whole lot of stuff to explore in there, who knows?!

Stay tuned to hear more about our adventures around the world this afternoon!!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #176
Merida
DIS Veteran

Periwinkle looks adorable! I like Tink's winter costume as well; it's the right way to redo a character's costume. The planned redesign of the classic princesses (Cinderella, Belle maybe?) is.. not right - I like seeing new/special costumes but why remake an old costume when there are several other good ones in the movie? So you're tired of the blue dress - there's still her pink dress, her wedding dress, and her maid's dress. Or something from the sequels. So many choices!!

Anyway, Periwinkle is super cute and I like the little shoulder straps.

Your costumes sound really cool. Are you doing two Halloween parties?

Hm, I'd probably do the more general audition unless the other was for a face character you really, really liked. Seems like there's more variety of roles available?

Heh, I always get burned out in World Showcase too! I spend so much time in Mexico, Norway, and Morocco pavilions and then skip all the rest. They all seem rather gift-shop-y if there's no ride (I haven't seen many of the movies, the France one is supposed to be really good!).
Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #177
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

I love that dress in your update!

Quote:
What can I say? We bought them and wore them for the rest of the trip, definitely some good money spent
Yes Mexican sombreros are such a useful purchase!!

Those margaritas look soooooo gooood!

AHHHH You leave in a weeeeek!!!! That is so soon!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #178
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Periwinkle looks adorable! I like Tink's winter costume as well; it's the right way to redo a character's costume. The planned redesign of the classic princesses (Cinderella, Belle maybe?) is.. not right - I like seeing new/special costumes but why remake an old costume when there are several other good ones in the movie? So you're tired of the blue dress - there's still her pink dress, her wedding dress, and her maid's dress. Or something from the sequels. So many choices!!

Anyway, Periwinkle is super cute and I like the little shoulder straps.

Your costumes sound really cool. Are you doing two Halloween parties?

Hm, I'd probably do the more general audition unless the other was for a face character you really, really liked. Seems like there's more variety of roles available?

Heh, I always get burned out in World Showcase too! I spend so much time in Mexico, Norway, and Morocco pavilions and then skip all the rest. They all seem rather gift-shop-y if there's no ride (I haven't seen many of the movies, the France one is supposed to be really good!).
She's so cute!! And I do like the new winter clothes, I think it's a little bulky, but whatevs haha! I would also REALLY love to see some more variety of the costumes of the princesses. It would be awesome to see Cindy's pink dress, Belle has both pink & green that are never worn in the parks, and it would be nice to see at least Aurora's blue dress!

Yes! I'm doing 2! One with my mom in the first week, and one with Paige in the second, it's going to be awesome!!!

I'm still deciding if I'm even going to go to an audition while I'm down there, as they are accepting online submissions right now, and I put my name in for that, I might just stick to that.

Haha, I just haven't gone back into a couple of them far enough, some of them seem way to gift shop-ey, but I'm sure there's more too it!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #179
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love that dress in your update!

Yes Mexican sombreros are such a useful purchase!!

Those margaritas look soooooo gooood!

AHHHH You leave in a weeeeek!!!! That is so soon!!!
Thanks!! I'm in love with the sundresses I got down there, the fact that they're not all "HEY I'M DISNEY" and up in your face, it takes a minute to realize there's mickey heads on them haha.

Ha! Yeah, I'm sure I'd be able to fit it into my luggage! Lawl. Ugh, those margaritas are so delicious!!

AHHH. I'M DYING seriously. In exactly a week I will be roaming world showcase about to eat at Le Cellier! So excited!!

Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #180
katt789
DIS Veteran

A September Trip

Oh hey friends! I just thought I'd jump in here with a little bit of my September trip plans, as I leave in FOUR DAYS!! THAT'S RIGHT 4!!! IIIIIEEEEEE. So get prepared for some plans!

My mom and I have an 8 day, 7 night stay starting Sept 10, til the 17th at the beautiful Animal Kingdom Lodge

Which I also have the free dining plan with!! YAY. Our plans go like this:

Sept 10th: Arrival, around 3:30pm (p.s. that requires us to leave at 6 am, meaning be at the airport for 4 am...that'll be tough as I'm usually still up at that time! HA) Tonight, we have dinner at Boma!

And we'll spend the night just exploring the resort, maybe napping, and swimming! Yay!

Tues Sept 11th: Epcot! (with am EMH)

With lunch at Le Cellier! I'm super excited to see how "Canadian" everything is here, haha, definitely make a comparison

Wed Sept 14th: DHS!

Dinner at 50's Prime Time that night, super excited for all the schticking and teasing!!

Thurs Sept 13th: Magic Kingdom (am EMH again)

We have a very full day here, followed by dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table as part of my mom's special birthday celebration!

Fri Sept 14th: Animal Kingdom! (again, with am EMH) We also have breakfast at Tusker House this morning. Then once we're done with the park, head back to AKL for a nap, and then we have MNSSHP that night!

I'm going as Alice, and I'm pretty sure my mom's going as Queen of hearts!

Sat Sept 15th: If you think today is for sleeping in, you're wrong! Lawl. Today, we get up bright and early for a 8:20 am breakfast at Crystal Palace. Then we'll explore the MK area resorts (maybe stop for a lapu lapu at the Poly?) maybe head into DHS for a bit, before heading over to Art of Animation!

This is where part 2 of my trip starts, Paige gets into Orlando, and we'll check in, check out the resort, and then head to DTD for some shopping and such.

Sun Sept 16th: Epcot again! We'll meet Paige there, spend the day there, and park hop to MK that evening for some fun, dinner at Tony's and the evening EMH. When we're done, I'll move all my stuff over to AoA and say goodbye to my mom, who leaves the next morning.

Mon Sept 17th Paige and I take on Disney's Hollywood Studios today!

Tues Sept 18th: Animal Kingdom with a lunch at Tusker House this time! Followed by more MNSSHP (where Paige is Tink, and I'm Periwinkle)

Fri Sept 19th: Magic Kingdom

Sat Sept 20th: We park hop, doing whatever we want today!! Probably ending at Magic Kingdom

Sun Sept 21st: Today starts with a breakfast at 1900 Park Faire, and then check out and leaving!

It's bound to be a long & awesome trip, a very full and busy trip, and I'm glad to have some time to kind of relax in the middle there, as I know with all those EMH mornings, I'm going to be wiped! Haha. I'll be sure to keep posting while I'm gone, and will also put the link for Sept TR somewhere in here before closing up the TR. Yay!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: