Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #256
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Well that's a bummer! After what one pays to stay CL, it seems that one could use the facilities til departure. I hope that CM who told you that was mistaken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm hoping so too because if that's the case, we would drop CL. That's one of the major reasons we do the CL, so we have a place to hang until our flight leaves....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieN View Post
I really hope this is not true! Our fight isn't until 7:20pm and we were planning on having the lounge to go back to to rest after a few hours in the park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I've emailed IPO on this one....
I am interested in hearing IPO's response. What I do find interesting though is that this was Katenbeth's first and only post.
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #257
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I am interested in hearing IPO's response. What I do find interesting though is that this was Katenbeth's first and only post.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty random too, but best to check with IPO. I am still waiting to hear back. I emailed yesterday after 6 pm, so I'm sure I'll hear back today and will report back.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #258
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yeah, I thought that was pretty random too, but best to check with IPO. I am still waiting to hear back. I emailed yesterday after 6 pm, so I'm sure I'll hear back today and will report back.
Thanks!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #259
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
What I do find interesting though is that this was Katenbeth's first and only post.
That was the first thing I noticed too, along with just joining the Dis this month .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #260
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
That was the first thing I noticed too, along with just joining the Dis this month .
Hopefully it's not true. That would put a big kink in my plans. And really, it doesn't make sense, since you can use all other resort facilities (pool, etc...) until midnight that day...
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #261
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hopefully it's not true. That would put a big kink in my plans. And really, it doesn't make sense, since you can use all other resort facilities (pool, etc...) until midnight that day...
I also hope it's not true. For those staying CL, it's no different than using the pool or any other amenities after check out. I think it would be a bad move on Disney's part to change that as there are alot of people that utilize the lounge much later than check out time as it is a nice perk of staying CL, especially if you have late flight .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #262
Katenbeth
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I am interested in hearing IPO's response. What I do find interesting though is that this was Katenbeth's first and only post.
I'm sorry if you all find it unusual that it's my first post and don't understand why this could be a problem (didn't everyone do a first post at some point ?) I can't think what anyone would think I was to gain or not gain from posting the information that I was told if I do have to explain why it's my first post it's because like everyone does I googled akv cl after our stay to reminisce , and this thread popped up so I thought I would help people out and pass on the info I was told. Isn't that the point of the thread ?
Katenbeth is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #263
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katenbeth View Post
I'm sorry if you all find it unusual that it's my first post and don't understand why this could be a problem (didn't everyone do a first post at some point ?) I can't think what anyone would think I was to gain or not gain from posting the information that I was told if I do have to explain why it's my first post it's because like everyone does I googled akv cl after our stay to reminisce , and this thread popped up so I thought I would help people out and pass on the info I was told. Isn't that the point of the thread ?
Hi Katenbeth,
I hope you had a lovely vacation staying at AKL. Could you give a bit more info about how they told you about the change? Did you have a late flight, or plans to leave later?
Your post is appreciated, as sharing info helps us all, thanks!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #264
Katenbeth
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi Katenbeth,
I hope you had a lovely vacation staying at AKL. Could you give a bit more info about how they told you about the change? Did you have a late flight, or plans to leave later?
Your post is appreciated, as sharing info helps us all, thanks!
Thanks for that gwynne yes we had a fab time at akl although we did find that the food offering wasn't as good as our previous visit in 2008 but this wouldn't stop us going again in 2014 . The way it came about that the cm told us about the upcoming change was on our last day we were having breakfast and got chatting to a cm and told her it was our last day. She told us about the policy change and went to check at the desk to see if we were o.k. To use the lounge past 12.00 . She came back and told us we are o.k. But told us about the change coming on the first of September. I also hope that it was crossed wires but wouldn't stop us going cl again.
Katenbeth is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #265
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katenbeth View Post
Thanks for that gwynne yes we had a fab time at akl although we did find that the food offering wasn't as good as our previous visit in 2008 but this wouldn't stop us going again in 2014 . The way it came about that the cm told us about the upcoming change was on our last day we were having breakfast and got chatting to a cm and told her it was our last day. She told us about the policy change and went to check at the desk to see if we were o.k. To use the lounge past 12.00 . She came back and told us we are o.k. But told us about the change coming on the first of September. I also hope that it was crossed wires but wouldn't stop us going cl again.
I'm glad you had a wonderful visit. I love the atmosphere at AKL, too. Jambo is a very special and unique place, no doubt about that.
Thanks for giving some more info. Lets all hope it's crossed wires, but in the meantime sharing the heads up is quite helpful. Thanks!!
That's great that you've got plans for 2014!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #266
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,213

This is the email I got from IPO. Appears there must have been some miscommunication. It happens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aloha!

Thank you for your email.

Our Club Level guests are, in fact, able to access the Club Level lounge
facilities until midnight the night of check-out date.

Please feel free to contact us for any further inquiries. Our office
hours are 9:00AM-6:00PM EST daily.


Mahalo,

Kehau

Walt Disney World Itinerary Planning Office
Phone: (407) 824-2466
Fax: **(407) 824-3174
Polynesian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
~~~~~~~~~

Looks like regular policy is in place.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #267
jackemail
DIS Veteran
 
jackemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,872

Yay!!! Thanks for emailing IPO, Mousemommy.
jackemail is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #268
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Yay!!! Thanks for emailing IPO, Mousemommy.
No Problem!!!

I panicked a little when I saw that because one of the reasons why I like CL is that we have a place to hang out for late departures (after going to the parks). Our departure flight in April doesn't leave until 9:30 pm!!! So, ME would pick up at 6:30 pm...that would be alot of time spent hanging around the main lobby....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #269
Katenbeth
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
No Problem!!!

I panicked a little when I saw that because one of the reasons why I like CL is that we have a place to hang out for late departures (after going to the parks). Our departure flight in April doesn't leave until 9:30 pm!!! So, ME would pick up at 6:30 pm...that would be alot of time spent hanging around the main lobby....
Sorry didn't mean to cause a panic I'm glad you got it confirmed. I was just passing on the info I was told (looks like the cm got wires crossed) although I do wonder if they may have been thinking about changing the policy and did a u-turn .
Katenbeth is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #270
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katenbeth View Post
Sorry didn't mean to cause a panic I'm glad you got it confirmed. I was just passing on the info I was told (looks like the cm got wires crossed) although I do wonder if they may have been thinking about changing the policy and did a u-turn .
No problem! You know how CM's can be with their information sometimes...I think it would be crazy for them to take away the CL amenities after check out...
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: