DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Beach trip at end of June trip

We had such a blast at HHI this year that we decided we must always spend a few days at the beach when we come to WDW. So, my question is which should we go to- Clearwater, Daytona, or St Augustine?

Also, our trip was for a week...how many days should we do at the beach? We were thinking of driving over thurs night and drive back to airport Sunday... Thoughts?

Also, any tips on excursions or hotels would be great.

Could we still use Magical express to get us to the airport?
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
emmababy
DIS Veteran

SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
DizMagic
Mouseketeer

St Augustine

We love it. Not only do you have the beach, but also the historic city. There is so much to do for everyone / and every type of person in your family. Not to mention their is a Disney Outlet there, so you can get your Disney fix too.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

We absolutely love Clearwater! We head over ther prcatically every trip now.

I'm not understanding your question about ME. You would have to hold a reservation at a WDW resort to take ME either on your day of arrival or day of departure. Wouldn't you just want to rent a car for your entire stay? You could take ME from the airport to your resort then rent a car from the Car Care Center towards the end of your stay and then return that car to the airport when you are leaving. Does that help?
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
DISHUD
Mouseketeer

We always spend a few days on the beach after Disney. Clearwater area is wonderful. We always stay in Indian Rocks Beach, which is located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete, We like to rent a condo right on the beach, the price is very reasonable and the location can't be beat.
A couple of places that we like to stay are 50 Gulfside Condominiums, and The Fidler both have web pages.
As a mater of fact this comming June we will be spending 5 nights at SSR followed by 5 nights at 50 Gulfside, perhaps we will see each other. Hope this helps
DISHUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
We absolutely love Clearwater! We head over ther prcatically every trip now.

I'm not understanding your question about ME. You would have to hold a reservation at a WDW resort to take ME either on your day of arrival or day of departure. Wouldn't you just want to rent a car for your entire stay? You could take ME from the airport to your resort then rent a car from the Car Care Center towards the end of your stay and then return that car to the airport when you are leaving. Does that help?
We would fly into Orlando and use ME to get to BWV. If we check out on Thursday but plan on renting a car at either Car Care or Swan/Dolphin. If we do that, can we A
A) return car to Swan/Dolphin and use ME to get back to airport?
B) If not, will there be a charge to return the car to the airport?

We really have no need to pay for a rental car the whole time we are there. I had one friend say that the husband used ME on the day we checked out to get to Airport and got a car there and came back and got them. Not sure if that was worth it..
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
backyardponder
DIS Veteran

Is there some reason you are not considering Disney's Vero Beach Resort. If you loved HHI, you'll also love VB.
backyardponder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: