Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #61
snubie
DIS Veteran
 
snubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Mass. - 1260 mi from MK front gate
Posts: 1,373

I have spied many "custom boutique" clothes in your pictures on little Alyssa. They are beautiful. So did you make the, or did you buy them? We do need to see more of your work.
__________________
"Snubie rhymes with Scooby"
Stacey DH
DD1 7yo DD2 3yo
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
snubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #62
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer
 
alyssaswish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dunn, NC
Posts: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
I have spied many "custom boutique" clothes in your pictures on little Alyssa. They are beautiful. So did you make the, or did you buy them? We do need to see more of your work.
I buy them mostly from online boutiques and Kelly's Kids. I love custom outfits! I have made a few things for Alyssa but nothing very complicated. I think the Spiderman dress took 30 min start to finish.
__________________
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #63
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer
 
disprincessesmom1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 143

Joining In!!!!

Your kids are so cute! Alyssa is a trooper! How exciting to get a trip to Disney! I hope you all have a great time, after all your family has been through, YOU DESERVE IT!
__________________
DBF(28), Me:(28), DD1:(4), DD2:(22m)



Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

April 2010: First Ever Trip! DD1 2 1/2yr, DD2 in the womb
disprincessesmom1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #64
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 758

Joining in!

Your kids are adorable! Glad to here Alyssa gets her wish.

Jackie
__________________
PTR: Trevor's Star Wars Make A Wish Trip

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #65
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran
 
reyasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,729

You have the most adorable family, and Alyssa is sooo beautiful. She has truly captured my heart. She reminds me so much of my DD, and I'm so sorry she's had to go through the hardships she has. I'm extremely excited for you all to go to Disney. It sounds like you're all going to have an amazing time. We'll be there around the same time. (12th-23rd) If I see ya, I'll give ya a wave.
Happy planning, can't wait to read more.
__________________
reyasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #66
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

hello!!!

I just wanted to let you know that I found your pre-trippie report on here and put a link to it on the Wish Trippers UNITE thread.

You probably already know about that thread on here...but just in case, I thought I would invite you on over!

I put your link on the first page of the thread - so hopefully anyone that has not been by here yet will come say hello!

You have a beautiful family. You are doing a great job on all of the planning!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #67
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer
 
alyssaswish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dunn, NC
Posts: 116

Thank you everyone for the kind comments!

My baby girl just turned 3 and my baby boy turns 6 next week! We had a cheerleader and football player birthday party, and guests were asked to show their team spirit by wearing their favorite college colors. The party was so much fun! The party was held at Elite Gym where both Alyssa and Chase take gymnastics. Guests brought toys to donate to NC Children's Cancer Clinic where Alyssa receives her treatments. This is the second year we have done this, and it brings us so much joy to have our kids want to donate their birthday gifts!















Toys Donated!


The kids real birthday gift!
__________________

Last edited by alyssaswish; 09-04-2012 at 09:22 AM.
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #68
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Uh oh, I see some ECU pirates ! I am glad to see NC State got some representation, wish Duke did as well! It looks like a really fun party, your kids are too cute. I'm really glad you updated, I hope Alyssa is doing well, I bet they are getting excited for the trip!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #69
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer
 
alyssaswish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dunn, NC
Posts: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Uh oh, I see some ECU pirates ! I am glad to see NC State got some representation, wish Duke did as well! It looks like a really fun party, your kids are too cute. I'm really glad you updated, I hope Alyssa is doing well, I bet they are getting excited for the trip!
No dookies at the party! All other major NC schools were represented though. Alyssa went for her monthly appointment this past Friday and received a spinal tap with methatrexate and chemo through her port. She also began steriod pills for 5 days which have caused her to be super moody and very aggressive. I'll be glad when they are out of her system. Other than her nightly chemo pills, she won't receive treatment for 3 months. We just have blood work done for the next 2 months to make sure her medicine levels are ok. Thanks for asking!
__________________
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #70
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
No dookies at the party! All other major NC schools were represented though. Alyssa went for her monthly appointment this past Friday and received a spinal tap with methatrexate and chemo through her port. She also began steriod pills for 5 days which have caused her to be super moody and very aggressive. I'll be glad when they are out of her system. Other than her nightly chemo pills, she won't receive treatment for 3 months. We just have blood work done for the next 2 months to make sure her medicine levels are ok. Thanks for asking!
How dare you spell my favorite team that way?? Poor sweet girl, a spinal tap sounds terrible. Does she get sedation for it? I am glad to hear she is off the steroids as well, they are horrid! I can't tolerate them one bit. Do her nightly chemo pills make her sick? I sure hope not! I hope things continue to improve, and she can stay away from the icky steroids as much as possible!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #71
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer
 
alyssaswish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dunn, NC
Posts: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
How dare you spell my favorite team that way?? Poor sweet girl, a spinal tap sounds terrible. Does she get sedation for it? I am glad to hear she is off the steroids as well, they are horrid! I can't tolerate them one bit. Do her nightly chemo pills make her sick? I sure hope not! I hope things continue to improve, and she can stay away from the icky steroids as much as possible!
Yes, Alyssa is put to sleep for all of her spinal taps, and thankfully she hasn't been sick with any of her medications. The steriods are finally out of her system. She seems to be back to our happy little girl!
__________________
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #72
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Yes, Alyssa is put to sleep for all of her spinal taps, and thankfully she hasn't been sick with any of her medications. The steriods are finally out of her system. She seems to be back to our happy little girl!
That is good news on both accounts!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #73
aym4Him
DIS Veteran
 
aym4Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Thank you everyone for the kind comments!

My baby girl just turned 3 and my baby boy turns 6 next week! We had a cheerleader and football player birthday party, and guests were asked to show their team spirit by wearing their favorite college colors. The party was so much fun! The party was held at Elite Gym where both Alyssa and Chase take gymnastics. Guests brought toys to donate to NC Children's Cancer Clinic where Alyssa receives her treatments. This is the second year we have done this, and it brings us so much joy to have our kids want to donate their birthday gifts!















Toys Donated!


The kids real birthday gift!
What a great idea for a party theme!! Your kids are SOOOOO cute! I can't wait to meet you guys! Ethan is going to have a blast with them! it won't be long before we're heading down to Florida. I think the next couple of months are going to sail by!!

I will be praying that she stays healthy. I just can not fathom all that she's been through! What a miracle she is!!
__________________
Our Family: Dillon (DH), Amy (me), and Ethan (Wish Kid Alumni)

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #74
Sandite
If only I had been a Halloween Baby!
 
Sandite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 64

I navigated over here from your comment on my TR. Your kids are beautiful! I was cracking at up at the last birthday picture because my family has almost the exact same golf cart, but the whole thing is yellow!!

I was going to add on for things to make sure to do, pick a pearl in Japan is always fun for the girls. Also, look into pin trading for your son. I may get scolded on here, but there are some great pin lots you can buy on ebay for fairly cheap with lanyards included. (some say they are fakes, but the ones I have purchased were real - you can PM me for the ebay sellers id if you would like).

The best advice I have on going with little ones is don't try to ride every single ride. Have them pick out their two favorites and go for those. Anything else will be extra fun!

Enjoy the magic your kids are the perfect age for this trip!
__________________
_________________________________________
Me, DH, DD (6), DS (3)


SURPRISE MOMMY AND DAUGHTER TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2963399
Sandite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #75
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,819

Hello, joining in on your fun!

you have a beautiful family and I'm so touch by Alyssa's story, what a little warrior she is!

all of your plans look great! looks like you have a good itinerary planned to include some downtime...hoping the weather will be great and not to hot at that point!

love the birthday photos, so adorable! and how sweet of your family to give back to the hospital where Alyssa gets her treatment!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.