Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
PartyFromSaturn
Mouseketeer

Subbing. Loved Escape From New York trip report.

PartyFromSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to join in and say hi! You have an adorable family, so I guess I can look past the mets fan thing...

Looking forward to reading more!
beckyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Great updated intros! As the oldest of 6, I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. So nice to "meet" the bigger group. I wish I'd have realized there were 2 additional birthdays, I'd have incorporated that into the FE. Big families are a blessing and...a challenge. Jeff gets a bit overwhelmed by mine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Wow... right out of the gate I manage to hit a snag and go a good week or so without updating the TR!! ugh!!

Been a little stressed out. Spread ourselves a bit thin with the vacation, and taking the couple of weeks off from work meant no paycheck during that time. We came back and right away the washing machine died... and the phone wouldn't stop ringing...

But we're managing to get by without the washing machine for now, and we avoided a would-be-disaster this week when my boss neglected to approve my timesheet. I *almost* didn't get paid yesterday. But the error was caught and fixed and the money came through, and bills got paid, and now the phone will be quieter and we can enjoy the holiday weekend...

FUN beach pictures, so cute!!!!

I hear you on the post vacation stress. I believe that January, and post vacation, are the brokest times of the year. We had a similar situation with our dishwasher. Luckily Jeff was able to fix it but in the interim, it was a lot of hand-washing. Had he not fixed it, I'd still be doing dishes now! I had let the house basically get down to a zero supply load before our trip and had to wait till friday (payday) to go stock back up. UGH, that was not a fun total $ at Costco and I've not even made a dent. Very glad you got paid and hope you don't have to be without a washing machine for too much longer.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #34
Reberella
Mouseketeer

I'm following along! You have a beautiful family I love the pictures of Bella at the beach, very cute!

Reberella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #35
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyFromSaturn View Post
Subbing. Loved Escape From New York trip report.
Thanks for reading!! Unfortunately, there's no blizzards or crazy cab rides in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyx3 View Post
Just wanted to join in and say hi! You have an adorable family, so I guess I can look past the mets fan thing...

Looking forward to reading more!
Well, since I can't stop you from reading and I don't have the power to delete your posts... Welcome Aboard!!

I think we can put our differences aside for the time being. The Nats look like they'll be driving us both crazy for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Great updated intros! As the oldest of 6, I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. So nice to "meet" the bigger group. I wish I'd have realized there were 2 additional birthdays, I'd have incorporated that into the FE. Big families are a blessing and...a challenge. Jeff gets a bit overwhelmed by mine as well.

FUN beach pictures, so cute!!!!

I hear you on the post vacation stress. I believe that January, and post vacation, are the brokest times of the year. We had a similar situation with our dishwasher. Luckily Jeff was able to fix it but in the interim, it was a lot of hand-washing. Had he not fixed it, I'd still be doing dishes now! I had let the house basically get down to a zero supply load before our trip and had to wait till friday (payday) to go stock back up. UGH, that was not a fun total $ at Costco and I've not even made a dent. Very glad you got paid and hope you don't have to be without a washing machine for too much longer.
Thanks. Bella was more than willing to pose for me that day at the beach. Jackson... not so much.

I made an attempt to fix the washing machine. But in the end I couldn't figure out the problem after I eliminated some of the obvious culprits. And to top it off, I broke a somewhat important piece as I was reassembling it. Oops! So now it's officially dead. I put it out of its misery!

I definitely have a sickness because despite the fact that we just returned and our bank accounts could use a few months to get healthy again, I'm already scheming on how we will manage to put down our deposit for the 2014 cruise. Rumor has it the dates are being released very soon, and supposedly someone who recently sailed on the Magic out of NY was told that the Magic was returning to NY in 2014... and that possibility of an 8-night out of NY has us salivating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
I'm following along! You have a beautiful family I love the pictures of Bella at the beach, very cute!
Welcome!!! Thanks for reading! I was very happy with the way those beach pictures came out. My camera and I seem to be getting along with each other once again. I think it's forgiven me for how I treated it on vacation!!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #36
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Caught up on the extended intros! That's a lot of people to travel with, but I can't wait to hear all about it!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #37
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey

Thanks. Bella was more than willing to pose for me that day at the beach. Jackson... not so much.

I made an attempt to fix the washing machine. But in the end I couldn't figure out the problem after I eliminated some of the obvious culprits. And to top it off, I broke a somewhat important piece as I was reassembling it. Oops! So now it's officially dead. I put it out of its misery!

I definitely have a sickness because despite the fact that we just returned and our bank accounts could use a few months to get healthy again, I'm already scheming on how we will manage to put down our deposit for the 2014 cruise. Rumor has it the dates are being released very soon, and supposedly someone who recently sailed on the Magic out of NY was told that the Magic was returning to NY in 2014... and that possibility of an 8-night out of NY has us salivating!
ah well if it makes you feel better Jeff tried to fix the dishwasher/disposal for a year, maybe more and it wasn't until the partial attempts resulted in a full shut down that all got fixed correctly.

Oh and....we did book a dummy cruise just so I could move it when 2014 comes out and keep the OBC and discount so I can totally relate. My challenge will be the timing of when 2014 comes out and how it works out with wanting an add on to our DVC lol!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #38
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Caught up on the extended intros! That's a lot of people to travel with, but I can't wait to hear all about it!
Imagine if the other three came along too!!

I always tell people that my immediate family is big, but there's not much beyond that. My dad has a sister and she has 3 kids. One of those kids has another 2. My mom has 2 sisters and a brother and their families, but because of a rift between them, we don't see them or really talk to them. My grandparents have all passed, so you've just about met my entire family.

on the other hand, my wife's got only 1 sister, but she can fill a boat will all her aunts, uncles, cousins and whatnot.

Quote:
ah well if it makes you feel better Jeff tried to fix the dishwasher/disposal for a year, maybe more and it wasn't until the partial attempts resulted in a full shut down that all got fixed correctly.

Oh and....we did book a dummy cruise just so I could move it when 2014 comes out and keep the OBC and discount so I can totally relate. My challenge will be the timing of when 2014 comes out and how it works out with wanting an add on to our DVC lol!
That does make me feel better. Thank you.

We dropped the ball on the dummy cruise. We talked about it briefly before the trip and money was too tight. Then on the cruise we changed our minds, but never found the time to visit wherever it was you had to go to talk to someone about it. Really kicking ourselves about that.

Forgot to mention before that we didn't tell everyone about the girls' birthdays because from my perspective, I was more concerned about making the cruise about our parents' anniversary. I left the girls' birthdays to their dad and figured we'd celebrate them at WDW after the cruise. One was on the last night, and the other was while we were at WDW the week after.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #39
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Just found this and am comiong along for the ride.

Great start. Big cast.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #40
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Looks like you had a nice little beach getaway over the long weekend! Just a shame that Jackson isn't a big beach fan.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
Dreamseeker
Mouseketeer

Awww looks like a great family
I was HOOKED after reading the title of this TR!

I have a very small family and I'm always in awe of big families like yours!
Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Dreamseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #42
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

I'm all subbed in and caught up. Looks like quite a traveling hoard you've got!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #43
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post

That does make me feel better. Thank you.

We dropped the ball on the dummy cruise. We talked about it briefly before the trip and money was too tight. Then on the cruise we changed our minds, but never found the time to visit wherever it was you had to go to talk to someone about it. Really kicking ourselves about that.

Forgot to mention before that we didn't tell everyone about the girls' birthdays because from my perspective, I was more concerned about making the cruise about our parents' anniversary. I left the girls' birthdays to their dad and figured we'd celebrate them at WDW after the cruise. One was on the last night, and the other was while we were at WDW the week after.
That makes sense on the bdays. Bummer on the dummy. I almost didn't do it as Jeff wasn't sold on doing it anytime soon but I knew if I didn't I'd be mad and figured it was worth the $200 or so deposit to hold it. Did make the end of the month tight to be sure though! And since returning home there are few he might be interested in after all for 2014 so I'm glad we at least have the option.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #44
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Just found this and am comiong along for the ride.

Great start. Big cast.
Thank you!! Welcome Aboard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks like you had a nice little beach getaway over the long weekend! Just a shame that Jackson isn't a big beach fan.
He is a fickle little guy. You can never be sure what he is going to like, even if he seemed to like it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamseeker View Post
Awww looks like a great family
I was HOOKED after reading the title of this TR!

I have a very small family and I'm always in awe of big families like yours!
Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Thanks!! Welcome Aboard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'm all subbed in and caught up. Looks like quite a traveling hoard you've got!
Thanks, Barry. We're are own Brazilian Tour Group!!

Quote:
That makes sense on the bdays. Bummer on the dummy. I almost didn't do it as Jeff wasn't sold on doing it anytime soon but I knew if I didn't I'd be mad and figured it was worth the $200 or so deposit to hold it. Did make the end of the month tight to be sure though! And since returning home there are few he might be interested in after all for 2014 so I'm glad we at least have the option.
I hope you find a good one when the info gets released!!

DISDad #644

Old 09-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #45
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Instant Family... Just add internet!

A couple of things to report before I get the next installment up.

Today is Bella's first day of Kindergarten!! She was very excited, and a bittersweet moment for us to see her off to school this morning!

and in other news, our extended family has grown overnight, and not in the usual way you might expect that to happen. A few weeks ago, I renewed my Ancestry.com subscription and was getting back into researching my family history. There are a lot of new records since I was last actively searching, and one of those connected me to another member researching my mother's family. I sent a message to get more info, and it turns out the account belonged to someone researching my mom's family on behalf of a friend... and that friend is my mom's cousin, which we didn't know about. (that makes her my 1st cousin, once removed).

We've exchanged a couple of emails, and everything she's told me confirms that we're related. She lives in Maryland, so there's a good chance to meet sometime soon since she's not that far away.

a very exciting last 24 hours!!

DISDad #644

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: