DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
txsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Glad to see others like me!!!! My kids are now Disney-obsessed, like me ) My DS tells me at least once a week, in a sad little voice, how he wishes he was back on the Disney cruise They, including DH, have no idea that I have a contract going thru ROFR right now (financing it now b/c the monies will come soon from my aunt who passed away)....this will be the gift that keeps on giving! Would love to plan a quick trip in January to surprise them, but I have an Alaskan cruise booked for the summer for DH's 50th bday. That's another surprise for all

Have fun and enjoy your points!
DVC Members since 2012

txsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #17
jennifer in canada
Mouseketeer

Just heard we passed ROFR today on our DVC.......best anniversary gift ever!!!!and to think hubby bought me a disney charm for my new bracelet-dreams really do come true.....I am over the moon right now.feels like we are keeping a deep dark secret if you know what I mean . So,looking forward to our may trip now!!! Had to share with people that would get how much this means!!!hubby still does not want to tell anyone.
jennifer in canada is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #18
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Congratulations!! Welcome Home!!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #19
gripp35
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

Congrats!!! We just got notice that we closed and are waiting for our member number, etc. from Disney... We are so excited but have only told our friends who are dvc owners.... Certain other people would give us grief about it even though we waited a long time to be in a position to afford it... Don't need anyone to bring us down so DH and I agreed to keep it to ourselves at least for now
Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Congratulations to our fellow Canadian!! We bought almost 2 years ago and have only told a select few people. My dad would have a fit if he knew we bought a timeshare. My daughters 18 and 16 absolutely love Disney and are looking forward already to going with their friends in the future. DH and I are looking forward to spending more time there in retirement. I know we will have to add on in the future!!

Welcome home and enjoy every moment!!!
montrealdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #22
KSL
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!

When we bought our first contract, we were so excited we told our family, hoping they would feel the magic and want to come with us. My mom understood (and has been with us), but my in-laws aren't interested in going and I know they wonder what we were thinking, though they haven't really said anything other than some comments like, "Gee, you sure like going to Disney" or "wow, you're going again this year?" Not overtly negative, but I know they just don't get it and have rebuffed our offers to take them with us (who doesn't want to go to Disney!? It boggles the mind. Oh well, more points for US to use!). So fast-forward to when we bought our second contract this past spring and we decided not to tell our families (though some of our friends know). Not that it's a huge secret - we would tell if asked, but we are kind of avoiding mentioning it....!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / planning VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

KSL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: