Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
foolinthemoon
I'll Be Sally, If You'll be my Jack

Escape Wedding Questions...

Hi, i have a few questions about Escape weddings. At first we were supposed to have a Wishes wedding, but after much consideration, and quite a few surprise financial obligations, we are thinking an Escape wedding would be a safer bet. (That and paying 5 grand more for a wishes wedding for only 5 more guest that MIGHT NOT come, seemed silly) BTW, I've searched the budget thread, but there are very few details to be seen as far as i could tell.

Anyhow...

Does Disney have to have the Guests name in concrete writing or can it change at any time? If yes, how soon after we put our first $1,ooo down?(booking)

I know i have to purchase more drinks for guest numbering over 6, does that also apply for the cake? How much more does that usually run? (basic cake, for 20 people)

While on the subject of drinks, how much more if i purchase apple cider for 20 guest? If it's possible to save the champagne, i'd rather use that for personal use that night.

At what age is a child considered a guest?

Will i be able to request a song for the violinist to play as i come down the aisle? or will it be the basic march? (I really want the princess bride theme)

If i request a different color rose for the french hand tied bouquet, will it be extra?

(Not really related to an escape wedding questions)

Does anyone know if the Big River Bar and Grill will accommodate 20 or more guest? (we want to have a big dinner near by, but not really a reception)

I'm sure i have more questions... but I've forgotten most of them for now.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Evi
DIS Veteran

I wish I could answer your questions but I have no clue as I'm a cruise bride whats offered in the package is a bit different. Just wanted to congratulate you on your wedding planning and wish you the best. I'm sure someone will be able to answer them if not I'd call DFTW and ask them.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
foolinthemoon

Thank you Evi! congrats to you as well!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Selah
Earning My Ears

I'll answer what I know. Hopefully some others will come with some more insight.

As a side note if you don't have the Passporter's book yet I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinthemoon View Post
Does Disney have to have the Guests name in concrete writing or can it change at any time? If yes, how soon after we put our first $1,ooo down?(booking)

I know i have to purchase more drinks for guest numbering over 6, does that also apply for the cake? How much more does that usually run? (basic cake, for 20 people)

While on the subject of drinks, how much more if i purchase apple cider for 20 guest? If it's possible to save the champagne, i'd rather use that for personal use that night.

Will i be able to request a song for the violinist to play as i come down the aisle? or will it be the basic march? (I really want the princess bride theme)

If i request a different color rose for the french hand tied bouquet, will it be extra?!
To my knowledge they don't need to know the guests names. Probably need a guest count at one point though.

You may have to buy more drinks depending on what your serving and how many you need. You will not need more cake if anything you will probably have left overs.

I believe you get one or the other not both. I imagine you could purchase champagne if you want to.

Unsure about when a child counts towards the guest count. However if I had to guess if they can eat & drink they will probably count towards it.

It depends on what colour your requesting. If your requesting a colour it comes in naturally there is no charge usually.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

I wish I could answer specific questions, but I just wanted to let you know that you may want to get the Passporter's Disney Weddings & Honeymoons book by Carrie Hayward. The book was made for all of us with so many questions that Disney leaves to be interpreted until paying your deposit. There is a whole lot of information in there in regards to anything wedding related, including prices, exceptions, etc.

Happy Planning!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
gamberlane
Earning My Ears

Quote:

If i request a different color rose for the french hand tied bouquet, will it be extra?
I'll answer what I know. I've not HAD my Escape wedding yet, but a lot of these questions are at least touched upon when they send you your initial pdf of info once you start the booking process.

-As far as I can tell so far, they do not need the names of the guest, but they will ask for a count. I believe you can also change the number (as long as it stays within the Escape guidelines up until a certain point in the process. When I signed my contract it said in the contract that I was having 10 guests though, but I think they can edit it, they just had to have a legal document for the deposit.

-Children under 3yo are not counted in the guest count.

-There is no charge for changing the color of the flowers in the bouquet as long as it is a naturally occurring color of the flower.

-Cannot remember where I read it, but pretty sure you cannot bring your own champagne or cider for the event. All food and drink must be through Disney. They provide 2 bottles for the champagne toast and say they pour 6 glasses each, or you can request they serve sparkling cider instead and get 4 bottles of that. I would bet once you get a coordinator you could ask if you could do 2 bottles of cider and 1 champagne or something though.

-Again, I can't remember where I read it, but pretty sure the organist/violinist will play whatever you wish as long as you can provide the sheet music for it.
gamberlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
foolinthemoon

@Selah and gamberlane - thanks! That was helpful! I'm very appreciative of the time you took to answer that!

@ShanaMouse - I wouldn't mind doing so, I may have to look into it.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #8
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Yes the violinist can play anything you want. If they don't have the sheet music already (and they have a lot) then you just need to provide it and they'll learn it for you.

At what age a child counts as a guest seems to change depending on who you ask.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
foolinthemoon

@Chilly - yay! Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Just thought I would chip in. When we asked for specific music for specific times I was told that as our co ordinator would be with me there would be no one to dictate when people arrived and therefore music would just be played in the order selected. For our wedding I wanted specific music for when I walked down the aisle but the ladies putting flower petals down took longer and my music was done before I got to the end!

Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346010
tinkandonaldfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
bnpear2
Earning My Ears

Music

In the escape package I was sent musical selections for the entrance of the bridal party, entrance of the bride, optional sand ceremony, recession, cake/champagne and optional first dance. They had about 4-5 song choices as suggestions with a list of disney songs at the bottom you could also choose from.
The ones listed specifically for the bridal march were:
Bride
♥Bridal Chorus (Here Comes the Bride) – “Lohengrin” by Wagner
Trumpet Voluntary (Prince of Denmark’s March) by Clarke
Trumpet Tune in D Major by Purcell
When You Wish Upon A Star – “Pinocchio”
I have also heard they can plan nearly anything you can provide sheet music for, but I have not personally inquired into this. I was happy with the choices they offered and hope they play them at the correct time!! Hope this helps
bnpear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
jessa07
Can we do RnRC one more time??

Quote:

(Not really related to an escape wedding questions)

Does anyone know if the Big River Bar and Grill will accommodate 20 or more guest? (we want to have a big dinner near by, but not really a reception)

I'm sure i have more questions... but I've forgotten most of them for now.

Thanks in advance!
We recently signed our Escape contract and I've already had a few of these questions answered by my planner. I believe you can change your guest count up to 72 hours out. Children over 3 are considered guests. And as for the music, they actually have a lot more to choose from than what's on the list they give you in the kit, those are just the most popular choices. DF and I wanted some songs from Toy Story and Tangled and my planner said they were probably doable.

CBR/Poly: 1997 Poly: 1998 Contemporary: 1999 BWV: 2000 BWV: 2002 BWV: 2004 Off-site: 2006 VWL: 2008 AKL: 2009 BLT:2010 AKL/OKW: 2010 SSR: 2011 BWV: 2012 POP: 2012 BWV/Wedding: 2013 AKL: 2013 BLT: 2014

Our Fairytale Escape Wedding: April 13, 2013 - Sea Breeze Point / The Attic / UK Lochside

Gold Castaway Club Member!
jessa07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: