Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
MFfan310
Earning My Ears

Question Online check-in and connecting/adjacent rooms under different reservation numbers

Just 23 days to go until our trip to Disney, but I still have one really important question.

We have to have connecting and/or adjacent rooms because some members of our group are autistic and may need supervision. Our two rooms were made under 2 separate reservations numbers (one for each room), though Delta Vacations (which is who we booked our WDW vacation through) made a request to Disney for connecting/adjacent rooms. I was wondering if we can do online check-in and ensure that we can get them... particularly, what information we would have to enter in the room requests section (reservation number for other room, etc.)

Has anyone else done this process before?
MFfan310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

You cannot make requests such as connecting/adjacent rooms on online check-in.

I suggest not doing online check-in if you have specific requests. The idea of online is to indicate a time of arrival and they give you the rooms available in inventory and your cards are already made up.

Best to tell the CM when you arrive you do not mind waiting for rooms per your request. It has worked for me everytime. Also make sure your ressies are "linked." That is the b est you can do.
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I'm afraid there is no way to ensure you get connecting rooms ahead of time. If you have it noted on your reservation, that is the best you can do.

If you are not assigned connecting rooms at check in, explain your situation as nicely as possible, and tell them you are prepared to wait for rooms that connect.

But I have to be honest, Disney states connecting rooms are a request only and not guaranteed. Though I would hope for people who truly need them as you do, they would do whatever they can to see you get them.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
hfuellgraf
DisneyMOM

I would call the resort directly now, to explain your situation, I sure they would be happy to accomodate your request. Have your check in dates and confirmation numbers ready. I would call again 1 day before check in to confirm.
00-All star Movies Buzz; 03-All Star Movies Woody; 04-All star Movies Dalmations; 05 All Star Movies Buzz; 06-All star Sports; 07-CBR; 08-All star Movies- Fantasia;12-All star Movies-Dalmations Planning March-13-All star Movies OR AoA Cars Suite
hfuellgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfuellgraf View Post
I would call the resort directly now, to explain your situation, I sure they would be happy to accomodate your request. Have your check in dates and confirmation numbers ready. I would call again 1 day before check in to confirm.
The OP can't call, as the travel agent owns the reservation. And all you would get is the call center anyway. Their travel agent already has the request for connecting rooms noted on their reservation. That is all you can do.

Anyway, even if they could call, it wouldn't really help. Nothing about your room is set in stone until you are standing in it. Up until that point, it is considered up for grabs. The people you speak with on the phone have nothing to do with room assignments.

Even so, I'm sure Disney will do their best to meet the OP's request for connecting rooms.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
Just 23 days to go until our trip to Disney, but I still have one really important question.

We have to have connecting and/or adjacent rooms because some members of our group are autistic and may need supervision. Our two rooms were made under 2 separate reservations numbers (one for each room), though Delta Vacations (which is who we booked our WDW vacation through) made a request to Disney for connecting/adjacent rooms. I was wondering if we can do online check-in and ensure that we can get them... particularly, what information we would have to enter in the room requests section (reservation number for other room, etc.)

Has anyone else done this process before?
Ask your travel agent to note "traveling with" on the two reservations so they can try to keep them together.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
scrapper2k
Mouseketeer

See if you can link the reservations online. At check in, you will almost for sure be accommodated unless you show up at midnight during a crowded time.

Tags
adjacent rooms, connecting rooms, delta vacations, online check-in, reservation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: