Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Is there a map of attractions and restaurants on International Drive

For the first time ever, we are considering staying offsite.

I used to have a map saved to my favorites of restaurants etc on I-Drive and now I cant find it and driving nyself nuts trying to find it on the Internet - it was mkore than you could see on the I-Ride trolley map - you could see where everyting was in relation to each other.

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigby View Post

I used to have a map saved to my favorites of restaurants etc on I-Drive and now I cant find it and driving nyself nuts trying to find it on the Internet - it was mkore than you could see on the I-Ride trolley map - you could see where everyting was in relation to each other.
This one is pretty good...
http://www.iloveorlando.com/images/I...ighres_000.jpg

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Just my opinion, but I hate the traffic on International Drive. I have stayed there a couple of times when not visiting the parks, but there are much better options for stays that involve the Disney parks.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire View Post
Just my opinion, but I hate the traffic on International Drive. I have stayed there a couple of times when not visiting the parks, but there are much better options for stays that involve the Disney parks.

Sheila
I agree with you on the north end of International Drive,north of Sand lake rd,everything is more packed in,it has a lot of those tacky souvenir shops,the street is narrow and the traffic can be horrible at times.I however have always liked the south section from Sand lake rd south towards the Convention Center and Sea World,hotels are nicer,street is wider with more green space and it's somewhat walkable.I've probably stayed in 2/3 of the hotels in this area and for the most part there's some good hotels there for good to decent prices.Also getting to Disney is no more than 15-20 minutes.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Thank you - the hotel we were thinking of staying at is Doubletree by Hilton near Seaworld on the south side of International Drive- any experiences?
We are not hiring a car (personal preference) and only going to Disney twice - once for the Halloween party and once for a water park (already have free tickets - injured myself on a ride at BB a couple of years ago and they gave us free tickets to go and do it again...lol)

We want to try some of the other lesser known attractions like Titanic Exhibition and travel on the trolley bus for the first time - we have been to Orlando many times. Also going to Seaworld and Universal - trying to persuade DD to go to HHN - she's 18 but doesnt like scary things.

Also the map was just what I was looking for but I cannot read the names of the restaurants very well. I have tried to copy and 'blow up' but still not good. Any ideas?

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW

Last edited by pigby; 09-02-2012 at 06:07 AM.
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

If you know the name of the restaurant you want and the zip of your hotel just enter, say, 'Mcdonald's' and the zip into google maps.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
carlamouse
Disney Trekker

Smile This might be a good one (A little outdated though)

Quote:

Is this the map you were looking for?

http://www.orlando-maps.info/top_down_maps/default.htm

Carla in GA
81' 1st Trip, Off Property ~ 82'-88' Off Property ~ 89' Grand Floridian ~ 92' Beach Club ~ 96' Contemporary Resort ~ 97'-98' Off Property (FL Resident) ~ 00'Coronado Springs ~ 01' WDW Swan Resort ~ 03' Courtyard By Marriott (DTD), ~ 05' Sheraton Vistana Resort / Wilderness Lodge ~ 07' Pop/Polynesian Resort ~ 09' WDW Dolphin Resort ~ 11' Grand Floridian & Disney Dream ~ '13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
carlamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Quote:
Thank you - the hotel we were thinking of staying at is Doubletree by Hilton near Seaworld on the south side of International Drive- any experiences?
We are not hiring a car (personal preference) and only going to Disney twice - once for the Halloween party and once for a water park (already have free tickets - injured myself on a ride at BB a couple of years ago and they gave us free tickets to go and do it again...lol)

We want to try some of the other lesser known attractions like Titanic Exhibition and travel on the trolley bus for the first time - we have been to Orlando many times. Also going to Seaworld and Universal - trying to persuade DD to go to HHN - she's 18 but doesnt like scary things.

Also the map was just what I was looking for but I cannot read the names of the restaurants very well. I have tried to copy and 'blow up' but still not good. Any ideas?

I have stayed at a hotel very near the Double Tree/Seaworld and I must say I LOVE the location!!! Very convenient to I ride trolley - Lynx bus #111 and also to #8 and #50 on the other side (that would be enough for Disney, airport, outlets, publix, and I drive). Also the Double Tree is a short walk to Seaworld - may be 5 -10 minutes. The area is VERY quiet and not much traffic, very green.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote