Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker
 
ILuvTinkerbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dreaming of Disney
Posts: 910

Question Askerhaus Princess Dinner or Chefs de France?

We are planning out meals for our upcoming trip this coming January...we are going to get the dining plan with 1TS/1CS


Thus far we have planned:

Day #1: Cinderellas Royal Table (using 2 TS)
Day #2: Mama Melrose (1TS)
Day #3: Lunch at Teppan Edo (Japan)(1TS) Dinner??? Askerhaus/Chefs
Day #4
Day #5 Crystal Palace Breakfast (1TS)

So far a total of 5/7 Table Service

I am trying to decide between Chefs de France and Askerhaus for dinner....I have two boys ages 14 &12 and a little girl age 5 (at the time of the trip). Last time we went was in 2009 and we had lunch at Chefs and the boys were mad because they got the kids meals, which quite frankly stunk! Our lunches were way better, and yes we did share

So I was thinking of going to dinner there and letting the boys select the fancy food they so desire....but then I found out that Askerhaus does dinner with the princesses. We had breakfast there when the boys were little and they loved it, though I didn't love the food that much.

So....the question is which is #1 better food and #2 more bang for my buck?

thanks in advance for any help and if anyone has any pics to share of this food it would be greatly appreciated!
__________________
Shades of Green 2001
All-Star Music 2002
All-Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
sarmat1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post
and a little girl age 5 (at the time of the trip).
I quoted the relevant piece of information you need for this one. Not to mention your sig says Emma's birthday trip. Assuming Emma is DD5, the answer to me here is obvious. Definitely Akershus.

ETA: OK, I see you're already doing CRT so maybe not so obvious. We did Akershus last year. The cold buffet is interesting. The entrees were average. We haven't done Chefs. Still you ask which is better bang for the buck. DDP-wise, Akershus likely wins on that one. I can't speak to food-wise since we haven't been to Chefs. In your case, I'd still choose Akershus and a double-dose of the princesses for your birthday girl assuming your boys can handle it . . .

Last edited by sarmat1; 09-02-2012 at 10:46 PM.
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

I think Chefs lunch is much better than their dinner.

I prefer Akershus.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker
 
ILuvTinkerbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dreaming of Disney
Posts: 910

Thank you both! I am leaning towards Askerhaus because quite frankly this trip is all about Emma~!

I think my boys will be ok anywhere we eat and if the lunch is better then dinner then that is out as we are really looking forward to Japan...and hoping to see Mulan, my DDs favorite!

DD loves all things Frenchy and insisted that we see the Eiffel Tower while we were there....so that is why I thought Chefs for the boys....she won't know if she misses the princesses and will most likely see Mulan in Japan....

AHHHH I find making these ADR the most stressful part of the trip....last time we went I poured over all the food pics to decide! Now that they changed things and you can make ressies 180 days out I need to get it done! LOL

thanks again!
__________________
Shades of Green 2001
All-Star Music 2002
All-Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
sarmat1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post
we are really looking forward to Japan...and hoping to see Mulan, my DDs favorite!

she won't know if she misses the princesses and will most likely see Mulan in Japan....
Just so you know, Mulan appears in China, not Japan.
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
Ro Z
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salisbury, MA
Posts: 2,551

I love chefs
But The princesses give younger kids 'something to do' at dinner. Food is good at both. Although I prefer chefs. I am not a buffet kinda girl. I also think you would score BIG points by going back to chefs and letting Ds's order from the big boy menu.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post
We are planning out meals for our upcoming trip this coming January...we are going to get the dining plan with 1TS/1CS


Thus far we have planned:

Day #1: Cinderellas Royal Table (using 2 TS)
Day #2: Mama Melrose (1TS)
Day #3: Lunch at Teppan Edo (Japan)(1TS) Dinner??? Askerhaus/Chefs
Day #4
Day #5 Crystal Palace Breakfast (1TS)

So far a total of 5/7 Table Service

I am trying to decide between Chefs de France and Askerhaus for dinner....I have two boys ages 14 &12 and a little girl age 5 (at the time of the trip). Last time we went was in 2009 and we had lunch at Chefs and the boys were mad because they got the kids meals, which quite frankly stunk! Our lunches were way better, and yes we did share

So I was thinking of going to dinner there and letting the boys select the fancy food they so desire....but then I found out that Askerhaus does dinner with the princesses. We had breakfast there when the boys were little and they loved it, though I didn't love the food that much.

So....the question is which is #1 better food and #2 more bang for my buck?

thanks in advance for any help and if anyone has any pics to share of this food it would be greatly appreciated!
I would say try Chefs de France. We haven't eaten there, but we've done Akershus, and the food isn't all that great. Plus, you already have CRT and its all the same princesses.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker
 
ILuvTinkerbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dreaming of Disney
Posts: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I would say try Chefs de France. We haven't eaten there, but we've done Akershus, and the food isn't all that great. Plus, you already have CRT and its all the same princesses.
Are all the princesses at the CRT dinner? I thought it was just Cinderella and those ppl?

Ooops yes China for Mulan! And yes the boys would love to go back to Chefs but I am hoping that CS at Be Our Guest will suffice!
__________________
Shades of Green 2001
All-Star Music 2002
All-Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
kimber11
Kimberley
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 294

I would chose Akershus over Chefs de France.

Be Our Guest is a MUST if you can get a reservation. It was by far our favourite meal out of all 7 we did.
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.