Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #16
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I was just looking at your dates. We will miss each other at both Anaheim and at WDW.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #17
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Maybe i can wave hi as our planes cross somewhere over atlanta lol. Are you thinking of staying at AoA this time? I just couldnt resist and the value season price for a suite plus the awesome decor won me over!

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #18
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Maybe i can wave hi as our planes cross somewhere over atlanta lol. Are you thinking of staying at AoA this time? I just couldnt resist and the value season price for a suite plus the awesome decor won me over!
I love the look of AoA; but not for this trip.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
tapdancer
Mouseketeer

Well you can take me off this thread. We have definitely decided to go end December/January 2013/2014.

I know it will cost more in flights and accommodation travelling at peak time but this time of year suits us much better for a number of reasons:-

I work school terms and the end of year is very chaotic, knowing I had a disney trip to look forward to would be heaven
Daughter in year 12 and would of missed two weeks of term and probably should be studying during the break.
Time off with no pay - not good
Pressure from work to not take any time off during work terms
Arriving home from holiday with only one day until back to work

I feel very relieved we have finally made a decision, our 20 year wedding anniversary is also close to this trip so will celebrate while away.

So add me to the Dec/Jan thread when one is started

September 2011- WDW Beach Club
22 September 2013-8 October 2013 - New York Doubletree Guest Suites Time Square and WDW POR
tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #20
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

You can add me and my friend Alicia to the list. We will both be 19 and are traveling to SoCal for Alicias first overseas trip! It will be her FIRST time at Disneyland and my second so So SO excited! ... only 59 weeks to go
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapdancer View Post
Well you can take me off this thread. We have definitely decided to go end December/January 2013/2014.

I know it will cost more in flights and accommodation travelling at peak time but this time of year suits us much better for a number of reasons:-

I work school terms and the end of year is very chaotic, knowing I had a disney trip to look forward to would be heaven
Daughter in year 12 and would of missed two weeks of term and probably should be studying during the break.
Time off with no pay - not good
Pressure from work to not take any time off during work terms
Arriving home from holiday with only one day until back to work

I feel very relieved we have finally made a decision, our 20 year wedding anniversary is also close to this trip so will celebrate while away.

So add me to the Dec/Jan thread when one is started
done. glad you found a timeframe that suits you best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
You can add me and my friend Alicia to the list. We will both be 19 and are traveling to SoCal for Alicias first overseas trip! It will be her FIRST time at Disneyland and my second so So SO excited! ... only 59 weeks to go
alicia - such a cool name hope you have an amazing time!!

i have added you and will update when you know dates...

Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
done. glad you found a timeframe that suits you best

alicia - such a cool name hope you have an amazing time!!

i have added you and will update when you know dates...

I was waiting for you to say that
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #23
Snickals
Australian Princess...in Training

We are heading over there from October 22nd - 18 December...going to celebrate Halloween, Thansgiving and the Christmas season (returning home for Christmas ) American style!
29 October - 11 December 2013 - Pop Century Resort first 3 weeks Pennsylvania for 3 weeks; experienced snow for first time!

Snickals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl

I was waiting for you to say that
Lol. I wasnt going to but then figured why pass up the opportunity? Lol

Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #25
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickals
We are heading over there from October 22nd - 18 December...going to celebrate Halloween, Thansgiving and the Christmas season (returning home for Christmas ) American style!
Sounds amazing. Wish i had the opportunity to do a similar trip

Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #26
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickals View Post
We're hoping to do something similar wiith our trip. We will be leaving New Zealand on the 21st of October, so will have one whole week to soak up the Disney Halloween goodness! Depending on how long we can stretch our trip out we might catch a glimpse of the Christmas overlay as well

Last edited by KiwiMouseGirl; 09-11-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
tapdancer
Mouseketeer

NEWS FLASH!!!

I have just arrived home from a week away to my husband announcing we are going in September He'd been speaking to a friend while I was away who has been to Disneyland in January and said he would avoid it at all costs due to crowd numbers - so looks like September it is.

I'm thinking we will cut down our time away by 5 days so 11 nights in Anaheim and 5 nights in Hawaii to fit in with the holidays. I might leave work one week before the school holidays so I have a couple of days to recuperate when I get home.

So please re - add me to this thread!!! I'm actually really excited it's just over 1 year away so let the planning begin.

I'm tossing up between Desert Inn and Suites and the Tropicana for accommodation does anyone have any ideas? We are a family of 5 and would like a bed for everyone not a sofa bed if possible.

September 2011- WDW Beach Club
22 September 2013-8 October 2013 - New York Doubletree Guest Suites Time Square and WDW POR
tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Hey tap dancer that is awesome!! Will add you back in when i get back to my main comp (using the phone app right now)

On the phone to carlo's brother the other night and i ask if he is happy to extend the trip a few days and increase the budget a little so we can stay a few days longer. Sure he says. No problem he says. Just as long as the trip is no more than 3 weeks. Right now its 3.5 weeks, edging towards 4 with downtime when we get back... Oh no. That wont do he tells me. He gets 3 weeks annual leave only. Ok but with weekends added that increases the time we can be away...right?

Oh no. 21 days from the date he last works to the date he returns to work including downtime when we get back and a day for him to travel interstate to get back home.

*facepalm* now my wonderfully preplanned trip is out the window and i have to create a new one. Oh and my 7 night cruise on the fantasy.. Also out the window.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #29
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Hi Alicia, you can add me to this thread too.

We will departing around the 28th October, doing 10 days in WDW including MNSSHP, 9th November Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, a couple of days to do Legoland, and US/IOA and maybe ducking back to MK for one day to see it in all its Christmas finery, then heading to Anaheim for a week to do Disneyland and more specificity Carsland!! Back home around 30th November.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #30
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

58 weeks!

-excited-

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: