Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #181
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

First night

My Saturday started out in SC on the beach. A run, a drive, a check-in and now a park were all out of the way. You didn't think I would turn in at 7:30pm now would you???

I headed where????

To the Poly of course. I needed to get the first drink of the vacation going and what better way to see EWP.

No GF DVC pictures as it was a bit dark already by the time I got to the beach and did not go wandering this time. I will say, I did get some later.

The wonderful waterfall at the entrance downstairs.

My shot from the bar. Inside not poolside. For some reason I will always go inside. Maybe for the bartender, maybe for the vibe. I can always get it in a plastic cup.

The first Vacation Mai Tai courtesy of Clinta the bartender.

Finally out to the beach to find a seat and enjoy.

Afterwards I did not stay for fireworks because I was tuckered out but still had to drive back to the room. Horrible – No , and the drive was quick and easy. No incidents on the way back.

Crashed in the room and drifted off to sleep – This off site room was OK. Driving OK. I think I may have stumbled on to something.

Next up: Day 2 and the one where I fall in love!!!!

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #182
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I got the bar wrong! Dang. Forgot about plastic cups. Drink too though I did leave some wiggle room under the category of tropical concoction lol.

Someday I will actually see the boat parade.
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #183
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Makes me wish I was a drinker !! Do they do non alcoholic versions , especially the Lapu Lapu?????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #184
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great way to end the night! We are taking water aerobics at the Y lately, and I can't help but think of you, Pat. we are a small town so things can get a little "rinky dink" and I thinkg, "I'll bet Pat wouldn't let it be like that if she were here."
Old 09-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #185
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
To the Poly of course. I needed to get the first drink of the vacation going and what better way to see EWP.

Well, I got the Poly right, but I can't believe I didn't think about YOU of all people hitting up the bar......

No GF DVC pictures as it was a bit dark already by the time I got to the beach and did not go wandering this time. I will say, I did get some later.

My shot from the bar. Inside not poolside. For some reason I will always go inside. Maybe for the bartender, maybe for the vibe. I can always get it in a plastic cup.

The first Vacation Mai Tai courtesy of Clinta the bartender.

Hmm, doesn't look like some of the Mai Tai's I've had before. Maybe because they put it in the plastic cup for you? Looks more "mixed" than I am used to......

Afterwards I did not stay for fireworks because I was tuckered out but still had to drive back to the room. Horrible – No , and the drive was quick and easy. No incidents on the way back.

Crashed in the room and drifted off to sleep – This off site room was OK. Driving OK. I think I may have stumbled on to something.

Next up: Day 2 and the one where I fall in love!!!!

OH well, so much for thinking you were dedicated and would take in the fireworks..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Makes me wish I was a drinker !! Do they do non alcoholic versions , especially the Lapu Lapu?????
AFter P-town, I figured you were sold on the benefits of hitting the bars!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #187
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Excellent way to spend your night. I still have yet to catch the whole parade in one viewing.

Looking forward to the next day.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #188
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Love hanging out at the Poly, both for the atmosphere and the show on the lagoon. You can never go wrong there.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #190
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
We swapped refrigerators at one time, didn't we?
Yes we did at POP. That was a great trip. We are headed back in Nov and can't wait.

I am a bad diser lately and behind on all threads....

So far look like a great trip. I would love to go solo but DD has other plans. She has to go everywhere with me.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #191
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I got the bar wrong! Dang. Forgot about plastic cups. Drink too though I did leave some wiggle room under the category of tropical concoction lol.

Someday I will actually see the boat parade.
You were about as close as one could get without being there.

Put the EWP on the ever growing list for OCt. From VWL is should be easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am sure they would but then it might just be pineapple juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great way to end the night! We are taking water aerobics at the Y lately, and I can't help but think of you, Pat. we are a small town so things can get a little "rinky dink" and I thinkg, "I'll bet Pat wouldn't let it be like that if she were here."
on the Y thing. I totally understand where you are coming from on that.

Ending the night with a drink and a little show at Disney is great.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #192
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
OH well, so much for thinking you were dedicated and would take in the fireworks..............
I enjoy a good drink especially when in Disney. :drinking
Clinta asked me if I wanted a CAptains or a regular... I believe I made a mistake when I said regualr - I need the good Captain Morgan to really make it a good drink.

As for the fireworks, I think they were at 10 or 10:30 even that night. I was getting sleepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love how you just keep going...I think we wouldtravel well together.
I still kind of turned in early - This was a much different trip but I do think we would travel well together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Excellent way to spend your night. I still have yet to catch the whole parade in one viewing.

Looking forward to the next day.
The EWP is one of my must do's. The other is FOLK show.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #193
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I should have known it was the Poly and NOT Epcot so you could have your first drink and see the EP from the beach. That is one of the things I miss most about staying at the Poly...the drinks and watching EP (and Wishes) from the beach. See, driving around Disney isn't so bad.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #194
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Love hanging out at the Poly, both for the atmosphere and the show on the lagoon. You can never go wrong there.

I don't think I have ever had a bad time on the Poly beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I knew that you couldn't turn in at only 7:30. Not you!

And what's this? You're buying all these DVC points but thinking about staying off-site?
Well now I have more points so maybe I won't need to save some with an offsite stay. But if you ever add a day it is not a bad option.

Squeezing in the extra day at the last minute... off site not a bad option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
Yes we did at POP. That was a great trip. We are headed back in Nov and can't wait.

I am a bad diser lately and behind on all threads....

So far look like a great trip. I would love to go solo but DD has other plans. She has to go everywhere with me.

I struggle to keep up. You will have a chance to go solo when she is older and doesn't want to go with mom anymore. Mine are grown so I know they can be home and be fine alone.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #195
MEK
DIS Veteran

First drink at the Poly - nice! I have yet to have a drink at the Poly (well, unless you include the crappy sangria I had poolside during one visit). I so need to change that. Maybe in October???????

So where did you stay off site? Inquiring minds need to know.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: